Sunday and Monday Drivers

Pilotman

1 hour ago, kenk24 said:

As I said before, yes I know [both that it is a Thai forum and that you were referring to Thailand not Britain]... the question would be why would you want to diss Thai people for something that is done all over the world - - even in Britain likely... do you not have the phrase "sunday drivers" there? 

I say again, I live in Thailand. What happens in the rest of the world, and in the UK, is of little interest to me.  If it happens elsewhere then okay, it happens,  but I was commentating on the place where I live and the conditions that I experience. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

I say again, I live in Thailand. What happens in the rest of the world, and in the UK, is of little interest to me.  If it happens elsewhere then okay, it happens,  but I was commentating on the place where I live and the conditions that I experience. 

Well, thanks for keeping us up to date on the fact that Thais are pretty much like other people... everywhere... next thing you know you will be informing us that they sweat and it can smell bad, or some other diss that applies to humans everywhere, but you have difficulty with... at the moment...  

• Confused 1

19 minutes ago, kenk24 said:

Well, thanks for keeping us up to date on the fact that Thais are pretty much like other people... everywhere... next thing you know you will be informing us that they sweat and it can smell bad, or some other diss that applies to humans everywhere, but you have difficulty with... at the moment...  

I never said anything in my OP regarding comparisons between Thai drivers and drivers in other countries.  The Thais are generally regarded by me, and by many others, as quite appalling drivers, but I didn't say anything regarding that generalisation in my original post. Where do you get the idea from my post that I "diss" other humans? (whatever 'diss' means, as I can find no such word in the Oxford English Dictionary)  Yours is a very odd interpretation about a post regarding Sunday driving in Thailand. You must just be having a bad day today.  

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

I never said anything in my OP regarding comparisons between Thai drivers and drivers in other countries.  The Thais are generally regarded by me, and by many others, as quite appalling drivers, but I didn't say anything regarding that generalisation in my original post. Where do you get the idea from my post that I "diss" other humans? (whatever 'diss' means, as I can find no such word in the Oxford English Dictionary)  Yours is a very odd interpretation about a post regarding Sunday driving in Thailand. You must just be having a bad day today.  

yeah, short for disrespect... which on occasion in the past, you have shown for Thai people... though otherwise you seem happy here... but you do come across as superior at times... 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

41 minutes ago, kenk24 said:

yeah, short for disrespect... which on occasion in the past, you have shown for Thai people... though otherwise you seem happy here... but you do come across as superior at times... 

That's because I am. ???? ???? ????

Have a nice week. I'm off fishing, with my Thai friends. I'm driving! 

• Haha 2

Sunday with those Lycra Clad Idiots cycling 4 abreast is my pet hate.Than the Harley Sunday Thai in Convoy. Admittedly an area thing , as one goes from say Phitsanulok to points NE its so far different than the everyday idiots over in the NW Ubon area. Just go with the flow N relax..down South is the best, you just get blown up.????????

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, wgdanson said:

She was a Day Tripper, Sunday driver, yeh.

Even The BEatles knew this.

People who don't drive during the week have always been out in force on Sundays. motorcyclists as well roaring around. "On any Sunday"

• Like 1

On 10/7/2019 at 9:41 AM, HLover said:

No.

The same: No. I see little difference that is worthy of the name or as it affects me. Do I need to get out more? No! I spend up to three hours on a Sunday on my bicycle and I go a lot faster than 10mph. I might have passed one "Sunday driver" in nearly two years!

Edited by ChrisKC
delete double word

You've hit on the number one Reason I regret building a nice home here. Practically impossible to sell it so I can return to where I came from. The hot humid weather is the other reason.

Too soon we grow old.... Too late we grow smart. 

Thai drivers are very consistent. Most are incompetent irrespective of what day of the week it is.

Personally, my pet peeve is Somchai in his clapped out pickup who thinks it's OK to drive in the right-hand lane of a divided road at 40 km/hr when the posted speed limit is 90.

• Thanks 1

On ‎10‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 10:33 AM, CGW said:

Out here in the sticks outside Udon the weekends do seem to bring out the more inconsiderate drivers, they crawl along endangering lives in their local areas all week, then weekends they venture out, mentally unprepared as they are to further endanger mankind. They are unable to give any consideration for fellow road users as first of all it is not in the Thai psyche to give any consideration to others & off course they should never be driving in the first place as they lack any skills or common sense to safely do so.

The primary objective of their journeys is to enjoy the AC, talk with their passengers and finally attempt to keep the vehicle between the white lines, totally unaware & uncaring if they are obstructing the flow of traffic, always driving in the outside lane of course!

I try avoid driving at weekends!

Only weekends? You're fortunate. In BKK those people make up the daily commute.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Kurtf said:

You've hit on the number one Reason I regret building a nice home here. Practically impossible to sell it so I can return to where I came from. The hot humid weather is the other reason.

Yes, driving can be difficult any time. 

And, sorry to hear that.

Owned many a house in early years.  As I grew older I decided I wanted less stuff/commitments in my life (including a car).

So much happier much cleaner slate.

Rent would never buy.  Easy to leave just pack a suitcase and go.

There are so many in your situation stuck with a dead money white elephant property no one wants.

Hope it works out for you.

Edited by bkk6060

4 hours ago, Kurtf said:

Strange comment. You didn't realise a tropical country tended to be hot and humid?

• Like 1