Cheapest flights out of Thailand for visa stamp

stament

I need to travel out of TH purely for the purpose of a visa stamp and swift return.

Wondering what's the cheapest place to fly to, thinking maybe Vietnam with Vietjet or Air Asia somewhere.

Anyone else know? Not worried about other costs just flight.

Thanks 

2 hours ago, justin case said:

depends on booking day also... I have seen crazy price hikes for same flight, other day

True. And AirAsia (and others) have risen quite steeply.

The times of 990 Baht oneway to KL seem to be over.

2 hours ago, oldsalt said:

Phu Quoc. Short and cheap direct flight. No visa required if just visiting the island and not mainland Vietnam.

EDIT:

which airline is supposed to be cheap to Phu Quoc?

Edited by KhunBENQ

On 11/1/2019 at 7:36 PM, JimmyJ said:

Agree. DMK to Yangon via Air Asia.

NOTE - It's possible (or at least it was) to get the airport tax refunded on an unused ticket.

It's supposed to be possible to do it via their website. One has, I believe, about 6 months to do so - a poster stated he had no trouble getting the refund in an airport at the Air Asia counter.

The biggest problem with Air Asia is that their website and their phone app is a total mess, as is the live "support".

Unlike any modern website, one clicks on the Live Chat link (if it's possible to find it) and there is no message as to what place in the queue one is, estimated time to get someone, or even a "Please wait" message to know that one is indeed connected and in line for the Chat.

It can take forever to try to navigate the site, avoid getting charged for addons, and successfully purchase a ticket.

And then they add a transaction fee when at the final stage, which is not included earlier when they show the "total" price.

Vietjet would not refund anything on a Thailand to Vietnam ticket - I forgot the excuse - possible that they don't refund on inter-country flights.

I"ve also been screwed twice using their phone app.

Edited by JimmyJ