ASEAN leaders’ spouses view exhibition on Thailand’s garbage management changes

webfact

ASEAN leaders’ spouses view exhibition on Thailand’s garbage management changes

6dac3075ae45b53485113128509bf171.jpg

BANGKOK (NNT) - Natural Resources and Environment Minister, Varawut Silpa-archa, today welcomed the spouses of the ASEAN leaders to an exhibition on the management of garbage organized by the Ministry, SCG Plc. and PTT Global Chemical Plc. The exhibition outlines the previous and current management approaches to garbage collection, awareness of garbage problems and adjusted views on the issue, as well as the reduction of and end to the use of plastic bags in 2021.

The ASEAN leaders’ spouses attended an academic workshop on the management of garbage with Thailand’s intention to turn ASEAN into a sustainable manufacturing and consuming region, given sustainable and creative waste management and the promotion of a biological economy, circular economy and green economy. It is a masterpiece of environmental design by Thailand, as chair of ASEAN this year.

The ASEAN leaders’ spouses also viewed the National Museum Phra Nakhon which features Thailand’s historic artifacts, and Bang Khun Phrom Palace, which is over 100 years old and is situated on one side of the Chao Phraya River, where it is admired as one of Thailand’s most beautiful palaces.

nnt.jpg

7 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

Our local garbage management started off as all things do here, shiny new truck and new bins for everyone.

Pay you monthly fees and regular pick ups.

Jump forward one year, lucky if you still have a bin, picks up dwindled to maybe 1 every 3 weeks until the truck finally broke down !!!

Back to bonfires it is then.....

You're lucky to have new garbage cans and a new truck ..In my village we have neither garbage nor truck for ages and I do not think it will change before the next century;

the small ditch fires have already begun; in the morning it is chilly with a tiny 24 * C around 7 am :cheesy:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Assurancetourix said:

You're lucky to have new garbage cans and a new truck ..In my village we have neither garbage nor truck for ages and I do not think it will change before the next century;

the small ditch fires have already begun; in the morning it is chilly with a tiny 24 * C around 7 am :cheesy:

The utter pleasure of living in the sticks in the back of beyond....:))

1 hour ago, Thian said:

Here they collect twice a week and those guys separate all the stuff on the truck.

Here once a week and the truck leaves a trail of rancid water trailing behind with a nice puddle next to each trash can. It's a wonderful treat. ????????

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, colinneil said:

New green truck appeared

We had new green truck

New green truck not stay new for long

New green truck now broken

No money for new green truck to be fixed !!

New green truck is f86ked

Poo yai baan got nice new pick up though !!!

Edited by cornishcarlos
  • Haha 1

We don't pay for garbage collection and I must say it's excellent and they take anything. Went to the office two years ago and insisted on paying after being here for 6 years- they said they had not the time to deal with it, nobody else there at all. Since then have not paid and never had one bill in 8 years.

1 hour ago, mickey rat said:

Here once a week and the truck leaves a trail of rancid water trailing behind with a nice puddle next to each trash can. It's a wonderful treat. ????????

I learned the hard way to NEVER EVER drive motocy behind a garbage truck on the main road.....????

And also not to wear a white shirt behind those smoke belching red buses.

Edited by Thian

1 hour ago, pixelaoffy said:

Looking at the police around the big 5 star hotels in central Bangkok the last 3 days its a big junket at tax payers expense . One big waste of money , That is all this ASEAN is. A meaningless "make up" of countries.

ASEAN appears to be mostly talk and very little action. Members don’t seem to trust each other, there is very little sense of common interests.

13 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

Our local garbage management started off as all things do here, shiny new truck and new bins for everyone.

Pay you monthly fees and regular pick ups.

Jump forward one year, lucky if you still have a bin, picks up dwindled to maybe 1 every 3 weeks until the truck finally broke down !!!

Back to bonfires it is then.....

I'd be happy if they were bonfires not the continuously smoldering toxic smokers.