Why all the discontent?

jpeezy

22 minutes ago, pgrahmm said:

For God's sake, how could some not be.....

They come here & rent a flat/room that's barely bigger than a closet.....They have 4 walls to stare at maybe 4 meters apart....

They start hitting same the clubs/bars over and over....

They eat at the same places over and over....

That fine brown pussy starts looking the same after 10-20-50-100....The same inane games played over and over.....

No real friends, just the same recycled bar types.....

No real aspirations, no active living - just the same rehash day in and day out.....

Trapped without decent transportation, if they don't have a vehicle.....

They're locked into the same routine/rut day after day, week after week, year after year....The same experiences over and over = of course the disappointments are everyone else's fault....They go out and keep the same crowd hoping for change.....

They're stuck in a depressing merry go round in a place they never took the time and effort to understand - let alone actually try and like....

They're clinically depressed & it's the fault of everyone else - easy to point those fingers than to actually do anything about it....Someplace else MUST be better, only it isn't, because the root problem is still there = themselves.....

They weren't much different in the place they came from.....Add on another layer of discontentment.....

You are putting your head in the sand ... do a review of the past 5+ years and see what all happened and how fast it develops.

Starting from a military general not wanting to let go of powers, then changing uniform for a political suit & tie, still keeping powers ... and a lot of other things we are not allowed to speak out on the forum. Thai people are also not allowed to speak out in public ... censored.

Yes, I can go to the beach, have a beer in the sunset, keep my mouth shut, switch my brain off ... and have my own little happy life. That is possible.

But that's not what this is about and what is really happening around us in Thailand anno 2019.

Luckily I have a Thai partner who is more interested in the real things which are changing rapidly and I can discuss this with her. 

And let me tell you, she's not happy about her Thailand as it and where it has developed into as of today.

Many Farangs, like your post above, would classify it as a complained and deny this is all NOT happening so rapidly???

Give me a break ???? 

Edited by RedPill
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Inflation is almost zero in Thailand.

Only my currency exchange rate has dropped.

Home repayments, less as the interest rate has dropped (6.25% to 5.85%).

Water and electricity same as they were 10 years back.

Internet same price as 10 years back (631bht) but a lot faster with fibre.

Scooter petrol cheaper, was 33bht in 2009, 25bht yesterday.

Pork is more expensive.

Hookers and bars cost a lot more, but I'm too old to use them these days.

I was spending 60k/month in 2009 as a single guy renting a room.

I now spend 40k/month supporting 2 kids and a woman and buying a house.

Call BS on the electric prices.

It has been written by the electrical authorities that the price has been increasing every year.

5 minutes ago, bwpage3 said:

Call BS on the electric prices.

It has been written by the electrical authorities that the price has been increasing every year.

1,100bht last month, the most expensive I ever had was around 1,700bht, that was when my 5-6yo first learned to turn the air-con on. He's old enough to know better now. Changing from fluorescent to LED probably helps keep the price down.

Edited by BritManToo

12 hours ago, RedPill said:

You are putting your head in the sand ... do a review of the past 5+ years and see what all happened and how fast it develops.

Starting from a military general not wanting to let go of powers, then changing uniform for a political suit & tie, still keeping powers ... and a lot of other things we are not allowed to speak out on the forum. Thai people are also not allowed to speak out in public ... censored.

Yes, I can go to the beach, have a beer in the sunset, keep my mouth shut, switch my brain off ... and have my own little happy life. That is possible.

But that's not what this is about and what is really happening around us in Thailand anno 2019.

Luckily I have a Thai partner who is more interested in the real things which are changing rapidly and I can discuss this with her. 

And let me tell you, she's not happy about her Thailand as it and where it has developed into as of today.

Many Farangs, like your post above, would classify it as a complained and deny this is all NOT happening so rapidly???

Give me a break ???? 

Curious to know why you think I have my head buried in the sand?

I simply outlined a pattern many take that leads to despair.....

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, pgrahmm said:

For God's sake, how could some not be.....

They come here & rent a flat/room that's barely bigger than a closet.....They have 4 walls to stare at maybe 4 meters apart....

They start hitting same the clubs/bars over and over....

That fine brown pussy starts looking the same after 10-20-50-100....The same inane games played over and over.....

No real friends, just the same recycled bar types.....

No real aspirations, no active living - just the same rehash day in and day out.....

They're locked into the same routine/rut day after day, week after week, year after year....The same experiences over and over = of course the disappointments are everyone else's fault....They go out and keep the same crowd hoping for change.....

They're stuck in a depressing merry go round in a place they never took the time and effort to understand - let alone actually try and like....

They're clinically depressed & it's the fault of everyone else - easy to point those fingers than to actually do anything about it....Someplace else MUST be better, only it isn't, because the root problem is still there = themselves.....

They weren't much different in the place they came from.....Add on another layer of discontentment.....

No hopers are no hopers wherever they live.

Like the people that win millions on a lottery, then go back to work because they're bored.

13 hours ago, RedPill said:

Give me a break ???? 

Hmmmmm. I lived in LOS during the same period as you. I rejoiced when the military threw out the Thaksin cabal.

Life in LOS was what I made it, but I don't depend on others to tell me how to feel.

I was as happy in the village as I was on a beach- it's just different and requires a different approach. One size does not fit all.

However, it's true that unadaptable people do not do well in LOS.

• Like 1

On 11/5/2019 at 2:08 AM, sanemax said:

Most females have them the World over and its also about the same price in other countries and you get more variety

its also about the same price in other countries

I tried to put an emoji in, but they don't work, so imagine the emoji of the person rolling around on the floor laughing and multiply by a million.

There is no comparison between what is available in Thailand and what is available elsewhere. If there were, the tourism sector would be confined to those that actually want to see temples.

So, in conclusion, to the OP's question, why all the discontent?, we've answered him in a comprehensive manner.

My definitive answer is,

because many people choose to dwell on the negative aspects of their life.

Enjoy each moment, as you can never get them back!

What's wrong with eating at a place where one likes the food?

rooms are for sleeping in and fornicating in, not for living in.

That fine brown pussy starts looking the same after 10-20-50-100....

That may apply to you, but not to others.

A personal vehicle is NOT necessary in LOS. 

No real friends,

No such thing.

My "real friends" stole from me, betrayed me, treated me badly, used me, etc. I can do without "real friends". Acquaintances do just fine- they don't ask me to loan them thousands, and never pay me back.

It's not necessary to understand Thailand to enjoy it, nor is it necessary to speak Thai or any of the BS that some posters claim are necessary ( like waiing or giving sin sod ).

Agree with that.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, geronimo said:

So, in conclusion, to the OP's question, why all the discontent?, we've answered him in a comprehensive manner.

My definitive answer is,

because many people choose to dwell on the negative aspects of their life.

Enjoy each moment, as you can never get them back!

True.

I enjoy

waking up when nothing hurts

when I get to see a movie that wasn't rubbish, as so many are now

when it rains and I'm looking at it from inside

I get to eat one of those lambs with roast potatoes, peas and mint sauce- delicious

when it's not cold

when I see a glorious sunset. 

when I don't see a glorious sunrise because I was sleeping

when I see a DDG female, which isn't often these days

when I can drive my car without some moron 5 inches from the back of it

etc.

5 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

True.

I enjoy

waking up when nothing hurts

when I get to see a movie that wasn't rubbish, as so many are now

when it rains and I'm looking at it from inside

I get to eat one of those lambs with roast potatoes, peas and mint sauce- delicious

when it's not cold

when I see a glorious sunset. 

when I don't see a glorious sunrise because I was sleeping

when I see a DDG female, which isn't often these days

when I can drive my car without some moron 5 inches from the back of it

etc.

I enjoy

the pain when something hurts

watching good movies

being out in the rain

eating hot Lamb roast

watching sunrises and sunsets 

when I see any female

driving my car anytime

Oh, and being alive!!!!

????

Edited by geronimo
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, BritManToo said:

you learn your wife never loved you, your kids want you to die so they can inherit, and your country loves everyone but white men, and you're getting older and sicker all the time. As far as I can see the only people not discontent are fools, I always felt stupid people generally lived happier lives than me.

Quite frankly, I wish I'd died 15 years back in my 40s before my parents died, and everyone else I ever really loved betrayed me and my life turned to poop.

If we met up we could have a great time with "my life was worse than yours" stories

In Saudi, one of my favourite memories was of having a friend come up to my apartment and swapping stories about how bad things were in Saudi. We could spend a couple of hours easily complaining about the place.

I did meet up with him in England after I left Saudi. He conned me into fixing his car, then stole my tools and wouldn't let me go back to get them.

I can't better your wanting to die story though. I only wish I'd never had the prostate op that saved my life and spent my last days fornicating in LOS. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, madmen said:

Its always about the money. I have a chuckle when I read posts " they dont want us here , Im taking my money to Cambodia"   Translated says Im busted arsed pensioner and Im screwed and am forced to leave Thailand

If a man with real money can't enjoy life in LOS, he really is a no hoper.

• Like 1

On 11/6/2019 at 8:27 PM, Lacessit said:

That is why I think the Thai family laws are much more sensible. Defacto relationships do not come under the umbrella. Property before the marriage is not split. 50:50 for assets accumulated during the marriage, which to me is fair enough.

I'd be about 800,000 AUD better off if both my failed relationships in Oz had been divided up according to Thai law.

In NZ a defacto becomes the same as being married after 2 or 3 years. Same rights to steal everything.

Looking back I should have moved into an outside room after 23 months ( she set it up so I couldn't kick her out of the house, so she had to stay there ) and then the <deleted> couldn't have got my house. Having spent all my money on the house there was no other property, and she conned me out of my car to get a better one in her name about 2 seconds after we moved in together.

Can't believe how stupid I was back then.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

In NZ a defacto becomes the same as being married after 2 or 3 years. Same rights to steal everything.

Looking back I should have moved into an outside room after 23 months ( she set it up so I couldn't kick her out of the house, so she had to stay there ) and then the <deleted> couldn't have got my house. Having spent all my money on the house there was no other property, and she conned me out of my car to get a better one in her name about 2 seconds after we moved in together.

The sheep rarely sees the wolf .......

1 minute ago, geronimo said:

The sheep rarely sees the wolf .......

A lamb to the slaughter I was. I did learn something from it though. I never bought anything worth marrying me for, and never even considered buying a house.

Not that it made a difference when my Thai family kicked me out, as they stole even the rubbish stuff.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

In my opinion, I'm always POTY, but seriously I'm not interested in making it official:-)

I can tell you, you're more than qualified, and as the previous winners can testify, being awarded the POTY is a real life-changer!

It can get nasty, but that's part of the fun!

7 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Just bought 1Kg of American yellow cheese from Gekko for 275bht.

Nothing special, but it's good enough.

I presume you mean Gekko in Chiang Mai. I went almost every hamburger special night, or the meatball special night. They did great hot dogs too.

Pity they only had one cute waitress though, as totty watching is a good way to spend the time waiting for the food. Bit dark in there for quality burd watching, unfortunately.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

We were all just as daft in our younger days.

6 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

In my opinion, I'm always POTY, but seriously I'm not interested in making it official:-)

Useful info:

POTY Winners can:

Get a logical answer when asking a 7-11 worker a question

Often receive preferential treatment at Imm

Buy drinks at any bar and chalk it up to TV

Say what they like to who they like on the forum

Open a bank account anywhere (showing the pink tights)

Get the mods to gang up on chosen member (brown envelopes)

Drink free at the annual TV mods convention

To name but a few of the privileges that come with the  crown tiara ... think about it

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1