Japanese tourist dies after pulled from water unconscious on Phi Phi snorkelling tour

snoop1130

Japanese tourist dies after pulled from water unconscious on Phi Phi snorkelling tour

By The Phuket News

1572871494_1-org.jpg

The Japanese tourist died after being pulled form the water unconscious during a snorkelling tour to Phi Phi Lei Island. File photo: Diego Delso / delso.photo

PHUKET:-- A Japanese man died today (Nov 4) after being pulled from water unconscious during a snorkelling tour at Pileh Bay, the bay next to the world-famous, but now closed to tourists, Maya Bay.

Lt Supachai Soonsripeng of the Krabi City Police told The Phuket News that by staff at Krabi Hospital had notified him of the man’s death at 11:30am.

The man’s friend told police that the two were staying in Phuket and yesterday bought a one-day island tour with V.Marine Tour, Lt Supachai explained.

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/japanese-tourist-dies-after-pulled-from-water-unconscious-on-phi-phi-snorkelling-tour-73499.php#t3mmcQE3tTrdhrrX.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2019-11-04
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Ajvat37 said:

Someone who can’t swim going snorkeling Is taking a risk, nothing to do with Thailand, just a bad decision by the deceased.

Sorry but its 100% to do with Thailand. Having been a scuba diving instructor (in Thailand). Scuba diving was and most likely is very safe in Thailand and comparable to the rest of the "warm water" diving around the world however snorkeling which is far more dangerous than scuba are unregulated with poorly trained people running and taking the tours this equates to accidents and death. 

1 hour ago, Scot123 said:

Sorry but its 100% to do with Thailand. Having been a scuba diving instructor (in Thailand). Scuba diving was and most likely is very safe in Thailand and comparable to the rest of the "warm water" diving around the world however snorkeling which is far more dangerous than scuba are unregulated with poorly trained people running and taking the tours this equates to accidents and death. 

Like I said, if you can’t swim don’t go snorkeling

7 minutes ago, Ajvat37 said:

Like I said, if you can’t swim don’t go snorkeling

And that is why you need qualified tour guides with training. Money money money is number one. Certificated and correctly insured tours... Took my children to a fun park in the UK for their first time reason I would never take them in Thailand. Even a small swimming pool have qualified life guards.