Bad guy foreigners fall foul of biometrics: Immigration announces another six arrests

webfact

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, jlwilliamsjr18 said:

I'm so sad that the only people who commit crimes in Thailand are foreigners. 

This is a news item for foreign forum members, of course it is going to report

on events concerning foreigners. 

A report on an 80 year old granny shoplifting in Nakhon Nowhere won't generate

a great deal of interest/revenue for this place.

Are you sad that 6 people have been apprehended at an airport using false documents

to illegally travel?

1 hour ago, hansnl said:

I wonder when, or if, the realisation will set in that this bragging about "bad foreigners" will be very bad for tourism?

News about these "razzias" is starting to filter down in the foreign press.

The idea of Thailand becoming an anti-foreigner police state is slowly taking shape.

Do you think that "bad foreigners out" is a literal translation?

And surely the only tourists discouraged would be the bad type. If you

were a normal tourist type, you wouldn't give this a moment's thought.

2 hours ago, bristolgeoff said:

My friend just returned told me about fingerprints all 10 of them at swampty. As well as face recognition.they have u covered everywhere now.also because his visa is a old retirement type he does not need compulsory  medical insurance.he was happy with that one.big brother is there now in thailand

Last time I went to the USA I scanned all 10 digits at immigration, and a facial scan of some

kind, not sure if an iris or just general biometrics. I didn't ask as the IO was as joyless as

they seem to be world wide and didn't want to worsen his mood.

17 minutes ago, wotsdermatter said:

All of that vinyl for a display about only two miscreants?

'nuf sed.

It's Micky Mouse stuff card boards ... but the Thai way of showing gov teeth, it's all part of the 'power game show' started 5 years ago.

Pathetic really when you see stuff like this every day ... of course this does change someones mind about how a country is put together and operating. 

Now I understand why most of the homework from my stepson was all only showing up with correct size short hair, uniform obeying and silly painting stupid things, coloring and printing out too much ... but not learn anything useful at school.

Brain dead education creates a brain dead society buying into vinyl cardboards like this ... goal accomplished!

51 minutes ago, smedly said:

unless passports have suddenly become a new living species then not one of these reports has anything to do with biometrics - these people had fake documents or stamps

Shhhhtt.

The local public must not know these details.

All the public must know is that the Army is doing an excellent job protecting Thais from evil foreigners.

The Thai biometric system actually identifies fake Canadian visas, it's that good!

9 minutes ago, lkv said:

Shhhhtt.

All the public must know is that the Army is doing an excellent job protecting Thais from evil foreigners.

The Thai biometric system actually identifies fake Canadian visas, it's that good!

Only that they 'must' know ... face, you know, big thing. Creates trust, but more important, a bit more fear ????

5 minutes ago, lkv said:

Shhhhtt.

From what I remember, didn't it 'identify' the fake Canadian visa as Vancouver was spelt 'Vancover'?

8 hours ago, webfact said:

There were a lot of vinyl boards on show despite chief Lt-Gen Sompong "Big Oud" Chingduang not being present on this occasion. 

Big Oud will only show himself when there is a high profile case involving westerners. 

All Thai people practice checking what a 'chinese" face looks like every day....they never tire of taking selfies.

I think the word they should use is "oriental" but that would only be from someone who has been educated...and as one poster has already mentioned the schooling system in Thailand is based on total banal brainwashing instead.

Other posts cover the mentality of these xenophobes and their daily display in the media.

Ask a Thai what a "western" face looks like and the reply will be "they all look same same". 

1 minute ago, lonewolf99 said:

Ask a Thai what a "western" face looks like and the reply will be "they all look same same"

Ask my grandma what an Asian looks like and she will reply "they all look the same" ????

She did, when I married one ... 5555

I had a friend who worked at Stansted airport as a contractor to immigration, he and his crews would pick out quite a few people trying to enter the UK illegally with forged documents etc etc, they were all arrested by immigration officials and taken to official holding stations to be repatriated to from wherever they came from.

Was this a highlight of the nightly Essex or surrounding counties newscasts, NO, I only usually found out a few days later when he was on a few days off and asked how was work, so what is Little Big trying to prove with this carp, does he think that Thailand is the only country on the planet with an illegal immigrant problem, tosser.

9 hours ago, Misterwhisper said:

There ought to be an entire immigration police unit that does nothing else but producing fanciful display diagrams round the clock in order to furnish the almost daily press conferences Big Oud et al are holding.

There is,,55555

6 hours ago, fittobethaied said:

Does anyone else realize how insignificant these numbers are. Only 2 trying to enter Thailand and 4 trying to leave...so who cares! And all of this over a 30 day period out of 40 million tourist per year visiting the Kingdom. All the man hours, the colorful expensive display boards and the hundreds of millions of baht for all the latest technology, and this is the best they can do. What a joke!

Thats why they turn on the honest farang to find something to justify the expense.

3 hours ago, RedPill said:

Ask my grandma what an Asian looks like and she will reply "they all look the same" ????

She did, when I married one ... 5555

Ask any bar girl 'what a farang looks like. and she will draw you a picture of n ATM machine.  ????

I want to see finger pointing and pics of the criminals standing in line at immigration while the police swoop down on them.  ???? What is happening. Get with the program guys.

16 hours ago, PatOngo said:

Quite the system, isn't it!

Will the biometrics be able to determine the Khowsan Rd fake documents?

Will they use the biometrics on the southern border wild west crossings where malaysians walk across at night for a bit on the side and a few sneaky cigars and drinks?

18 hours ago, ezzra said:

Probably he become allergic to all this vinyl boards the poor guy... and can blame him...

Are the boards/banners environmentally friendly, made from  biodegradable vinyl? Will they be banned as part of a "plastic free Thailand"??Are they single use or  multiuse overprint banners?

1 hour ago, wavodavo said:
21 hours ago, bluesofa said:

How do they determine 'Chinese looking', I wonder?

With respect if you cant tell that someone looks chinese then you should ask your seeing eye dog to help you. !!

This seeing eye dog must be really good to be able to tell the difference between Chinese, Laotian, Burmese, Thai, Cambodian, Vietnamese, etc. Does he do it by smell?

Archived