Cannabis in Thailand: How far will the green gold rush go?

webfact

From a farming point of view exactly what the rules will be for growers is the 64000 baht question.  My guess is there will be a permit system in place and those with a permit will be closely monitored.   A permit will specify how much can be grown and who it can be sold to.  Another guess is the field will be monitored 24/7 with live feed CCTV which will be paid for by the grower.  

2 hours ago, FarFlungFalang said:
1 hour ago, Ireland32 said:

Why Wait , I just got my medical certificate for ganja already 

That's exactly what I mean by too late I have already made 3 orders of THC oil and have read numerous posts of other falangs have also bought cannabis oil. 

So we have medical cert.'s or prescriptions for ganja, THC oil, and cannabis oil.  

Don't think so, just one oil available here in Thailand. CBD oil, or cannabidiol oil.

THC is tetrahydrocannabinol, the chemical that is psychoactive in marijuana. 

Likely some THC in the CBD so HAGT  :thumbsup:

Edited by Skallywag

12 hours ago, Skallywag said:

So we have medical cert.'s or prescriptions for ganja, THC oil, and cannabis oil.  

Don't think so, just one oil available here in Thailand. CBD oil, or cannabidiol oil.

THC is tetrahydrocannabinol, the chemical that is psychoactive in marijuana. 

Likely some THC in the CBD so HAGT  :thumbsup:

I think after 40 years of smoking pot I think I can distinguish between THC and no THC.It comes from a shop in Bangkok called the THC Shop and THC is clearly written on the label.Check it out!I highly recommend it.

IMG_2345.JPG

7 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

I think after 40 years of smoking pot I think I can distinguish between THC and no THC.It comes from a shop in Bangkok called the THC Shop and THC is clearly written on the label.Check it out!I highly recommend it.

IMG_2345.JPG

Yes, but without a medical prescription, you might as well smoke the 'real stuff'.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Grumpy John said:

From a farming point of view exactly what the rules will be for growers is the 64000 baht question.  My guess is there will be a permit system in place and those with a permit will be closely monitored.   A permit will specify how much can be grown and who it can be sold to.  Another guess is the field will be monitored 24/7 with live feed CCTV which will be paid for by the grower.  

This will be one of are talking points at the meeting we will have on the 24th of Nov., and it looks like the farmers will have to go to a class before thay can get a permit to grow.

And as it stands now, all hemp flower will be sold to the FDA and all oil will be solded by the FDA.

3 minutes ago, doggie1955 said:

This will be one of are talking points at the meeting we will have on the 24th of Nov., and it looks like the farmers will have to go to a class before thay can get a permit to grow.

And as it stands now, all hemp flower will be sold to the FDA and all oil will be solded by the FDA.

It seems like they are attempting to set up a monopoly similar to the tobacco monopoly so the elite only will benefit contrary to Anutin's desire that all Thais can benefit from the industry.It also seems to focusing on only the medicinal aspect of the plant.Do you have any indication about the industrial aspects like hempcrete,textiles and plastics etc?