Questions For Retirement Extension

Hi, I like to say thank you in advance for your spot on replies. I'm going to try the 65,000 Income method. My First question is they want to see all 12 months deposit from the bank. I get 2 payments from social security one is for me and I also get a payment for my son. Both combine is more than the 65,000 requirement. The first payment is in my name but the other one is in my son's name whose only 6 years old. So, basically there will be 2 bank statements. Will immigration accept this as income? Every month both payments come to me. It's income but will they understand or they will refuse me?

I know they want to see the FTT code from the states to Thailand so, what other document do they want from Bangkok Bank is it a letter confirming I do have the accounts with them or is it something else? The last question is do I have to go the branch where I opened the account to get the 12 months statement showing the transfers from the states to Thailand? Please clarify for me.

Edited by metisdead
ALL CAPS removed from topic title.

Best to use the 800,000 baht in the bank method.  (I know that is not what you want to hear)

Believe you will need a "residence" also before you apply.  Long term rental or such.

My opinion I realize, but if you do not have at least 800,000 baht available immediately for emergencies in a foreign country, you are not ready to "retire" in that foreign country....especially when raising a child

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If both bank accounts are in your name only, then you may have a good chance of Immigration accepting your income. If one of the accounts is in your son's name, then no way. If that's the case, it would be best to have the monies deposited in US bank account, then you make one transfer per month of 65k+ to your Thai bank account. Immigration wants to see a bank book and a signed letter/statement from Thai bank showing the monthly xfers.

1 hour ago, Jasper4one said:

The first payment is in my name but the other one is in my son's name whose only 6 years old. So, basically there will be 2 bank statements. Will immigration accept this as income?

Good luck convincing Immigration...

Edited by BertM
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Jasper4one said:

I get 2 payments from social security one is for me and I also get a payment for my son.

Are they both going into an account in your name? One or 2 accounts?

Technically the income is for your son not you. Whether both will accepted will depend upon the immigration office you apply at.

You can get the bank statement and the letter confirming your account at any Bangkok Bank. 

11 minutes ago, Jasper4one said:

Excuse me but he's only 7 years old and furthermore I get the money to take care of him. I believe it's income sure... Also can someone else help me with my post please and answer my other questions please. Thank you

I have to agree that @phuketrichard's response was somewhat abrupt, but he could actually be right.

Firstly it's in your son's name not yours and secondly what is the nature of this income, is it a sustainable one? Sustainability seems to be a key theme that the IOs are looking for. Which leads to your query about documents. IOs are asking proof that the income you declare are indeed sustainable, such pension statements, social security, annuities and the likes.

OP - it is always helpful to mention the immigration office at which you plan to apply.

if you have some difficulty with your current plan (the income method), you can consider using an 'agent' that can help facilitate the process for a fee.