Pattaya video: Motorcyclist tries to demand money in fake accident scam

webfact

Pattaya video: Motorcyclist tries to demand money in fake accident scam

2pm.jpg

Thai caption: Deliberately braking in order to get hit.

Video posted on the Facebook page of a Pattaya woman showed a motorcyclist draw alongside then stop abruptly in front of her car. 

He claimed that he had hit her. 

But a local came to the scene and as soon as the police and insurance were mentioned - and it became obvious that the woman had a dash cam - the motorcyclist raced off. 

Now why would he do that if it wasn't a scam?, noted "Da" who had been behind the wheel. 

She told 77kaoded that she had been going along North Pattaya road as normal when all this occurred. 

Following the incident she went to make a report with the police. 

The footage was put on the Facebook page of "Walinee Lefebvre". 

She said she had heard about scams done in China where pedestrians faked injury to claim money but this was a new one on her. 

Source: 77kaoded

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-11-28

• Sad 1

25 minutes ago, Thian said:

Where's his license plate? Oh wait, they don't need that in Thailand.

It's tucked up underneath the rear seat in the only place it can be attached on those sports bikes. It most countries it would not be legal to sell a motorcycle without a visible plate mount. But TIT as we say.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Wiggy said:

He should be arrested for wearing such ridiculous shorts.

Somewhere, someday, a GoPro or CCTV will show him cartwheeling through the air, then tumbling along the ground, both shorts and flip-flops parting company with him as he does so.

Edited by Enoon
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Thian said:

Where's his license plate? Oh wait, they don't need that in Thailand.

The plate is clearly seen under the seat 26 seconds into the video.   Surprised that you didn't ask also why he wasn't wearing a helmet.

Edited by Just Weird
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, johng said:

He doesn't say anything about her "cutting him up"   he just says  "you hit my bike"

i refer to the video, it shows that she must have cut into his path: she changes the lane and instantly the motorbike passes her on the right. She probably forced him to brake or swerve sideways. After stopping he tries the common scam "you hit my bike" on her. Yet, the reason for him being so upset must have resulted from her blind actions. I doesn't excuse his mad rants, though

Edited by crazygreg44
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, mok199 said:

A fine young cannibal...

"Well he's daddy's little boy he plays with his toys
He holds on to his daddy's hand
His daddy says Sonny you're a big strong boy
You're gonna be a big strong man
And they go play catch they go play ball
They go take a walk along the sand
Big strong daddy and a big strong boy
Living in a big strong land"

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Moonlover said:

It's tucked up underneath the rear seat in the only place it can be attached on those sports bikes. It most countries it would not be legal to sell a motorcycle without a visible plate mount. But TIT as we say.

The motorbikes are not sold like that. He has fitted an after market "tail tidy".

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, alanrchase said:

The motorbikes are not sold like that. He has fitted an after market "tail tidy".

oh that's what it is. I'd seen them like this so often I'd assumed that it was 'off the self' like that. I even know an army military police sergeant who's modified his R15 in this manner!

Says a lot about their mentality though that they can just flout the law regarding visibility of the reg plate.

Thanks for letting me know about that.

10 hours ago, johng said:

I think I agree with her..."what's the matter with him, was he high on drugs or something " ?

Short of cash... things must be getting a bit tight in Pattaya, things like this, petty crime, theft & burglaries will be on the increase as wages or work decreases!

I'm glad the young lady stood her ground.  That was an attempted scam and he was looking for easy cash from the lady.  He wouldn't have chanced his luck with a male as he knows he might have been shot.  

That aside, the young lady was quite pleasing on the eye, I have to say.

• Like 1