British PM Johnson to win a majority of 86: exit poll

webfact

20 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Congratulations to the Tories and the Brexit bunch. But please don't let it go to your heads. It seems to me this was much more about what people don't want (Corbyn) than what they do want. 

My feeling as well, and a vote to make sure that Brexit happens quickly. I assume a lot of people who voted Remain have enough by now and an hypothetical 2nd referendum probably would not have helped. Scotland has third option with a independence referendum, so results don't surprise too much there.

It's 'fun' to watch the mess you are in for the past few years, but I would assume that Europeans probably are not that upset by this result either.

2 hours ago, pedro01 said:

My only shock in this thread is than no-one has mentioned the Diane of Abbot yet.

If anything highlighted Corbyns abysmal poor judgement it was his choice of her as potential Home Secretary. It was quite clear she's not all there and completely out of her depth & the fact she's his ex-girlfriend is bad optics. One can only marvel at what she must have on him to have maintained that role.

All we are going to here now is:

- the media were against Labour

- the Russians did it

- people that voted Con are stupid/racist

One thing we probably won't hear is a good analysis on what went wrong with the opposition and what can be done (if anything) to repair it. I am glad Boris won but I also think there needs to be a viable and rational opposition.

Don't be shocked. She's not in the forefront of the minds of most, unless they visit the joke page.

53 minutes ago, JAG said:

I am prepared to help them face reality, only fair given the amount of time and band width which they have expended on pointing out to us how wrong we have been.

So this means brexit was a good decision?

• Confused 1

44 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Congratulations to the Tories and the Brexit bunch. But please don't let it go to your heads. It seems to me this was much more about what people don't want (Corbyn) than what they do want. 

some cunning linguistics at play here...watch and learn, kids.

I have to admit to feeling the tiniest bit sorry for McDonnell. Just watched his BBC interview with Andrew Neill, he (McDonnell) looked like he'd been hit by a 10 ton truck. He seems like a reasonable man, totally misguided opinions of course, and made the mistake of hitching his horse to the wrong cart.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, englishoak said:

I have sympathy for Corbyn, hes a leaver really just no spine whereas McDonald is a snake, a self confessed and proud radical Marxist, you should go have a look what hes said and what he wanted to do with people if he got power.. The UK is not in the habit of electing communists and he just thought the people would be stupid enough to swallow the free BS line with his momento communist pals... we arnt, hes out and good riddance to a real far left radical nutter. 

I did say his opinions are totally misguided, but I always thought he was more dangerous than Corbyn. Appears quite credible even while spouting his Marxist rubbish........whereas Corbyn just comes across as a raving loony.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, nauseus said:

A common error, often seen on here, is to ignore the strengthening of the Baht over the same period.

I simply compare it to guilder/euro, from 12/6 to 1 after WWII to almost 1 to 1.

And there is no reason at all why this trend would change structurally now.

Edited by stevenl
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

43 minutes ago, vogie said:

So all of Boris Johnsons critics who called Boris a Buffoon have been proved wrong, I'm sure they won't admit though. You cannot underestimate the scale of his achievement, the Tories were in 4th place when Boris took over the leader of the Tory Party, they were in dire straights with a possiblity of being wiped out for good. What a complete turnaround, the guys a genius and deserves all the credit he surely deserves, tonights result will go down in history, well done Boris and the left can go back to Supergluing themselves to trains and the like.

I like your sarcasm.....! ????