Police may charge political rally leaders

webfact

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, RotMahKid said:

It's time that the people organize them self, without any political party and hold sit down in the city.

It does not take much people to block the traffic, so with many people you can block strategic places easy. 

Maybe, but then normal people can not work, lose money. 

Hurt the people more than hurt the “government”. 

1 hour ago, RBOP said:

I was working for a big foreign corporation at vote time (5500 employee). My impression was most did not vote for the Junta and many were visibly upset when they won.

The only won 87/500. 

Give themself 250. For what?

Most people not vote for Junta. Sure.

More people vote for Pheu thai. 

So Prayut say he win!?!

Probably more people really vote for FF.

The soldier count the vote remember.

Remember they count more vote than have people some place. Is impossible.

i believe less than 15% people vote for Junta. Impossible to know about the truth.

First (PT) and third (FF) join together. But second say he win?

4 hours ago, neeray said:

"Any publicity is good publicity"

Charging Thanathorn may just further his cause and strengthen any future protests.

He is a man of great resolve, as he has already proved.

The ruling regime can just roll out the tanks again in this case and we're back to square 0

2 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Talked to my wife about this again the other night, asking her how many of her friends actually voted for the 'junta' led parties. Conclusion was about 10%. 

10% 

5% is government worker/soldier, make them vote

3% cash vote buying

Real one about 2%?

If Thanathorn farted or breathed the government would find some excuse to arrest him. Prayut’s dislike and creation of falsehoods against Thanathorn will only make the young voters to unite more together and reconfirm that Prayut’s regime is not for democracy in Thailand. 

4 hours ago, RotMahKid said:

It's time that the people organize them self, without any political party and hold sit down in the city.

It does not take much people to block the traffic, so with many people you can block strategic places easy.  If you can come with so many people to the sky walk, then you also can do this!

You must be new here. They did that in 2010, and it ended up with the military taking over.

Red Shirt Protests 26.jpg

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Police are putting together evidence to charge leaders of a political gathering on Saturday in Bangkok after finding out that the rally was held without permission.

They do not understand that they are playing with fire. The people are not happy, and the more they are push around the harder the retalliation is going to be.

"The wheels on the bus go 'round and 'round" Do the junta ever read? They must be aware that history is against them? Don't they realise, in the depths of their hubris, that the world will eventually turn around and bite them in the <deleted>? Damn them for their arrogance! ????

It really is rock and a hard place. If there are physical protests, then I predict some sort of possibly engineered escalation as an an excuse to get Apirat "in". If there is no viable opposition then things will just go more drastically downhill and untenable with various scenarios panning out which could involve long time frames and no optimistic outcomes. The solution to this problem is really tricky.

4 hours ago, GinBoy2 said:

Well any of us that have enough history in Thailand, time to roll the eyes, and mutter "here we go again"

I would like to believe that this time is might be different, but age tends to make you think history really does repeat itself.

It's only a matter of time until they throw a Lese Majeste charge at Thanathorn. They've already said he was trying to turn the young against the institution of the Monarchy.

That and Computer Crime are the catch all to silence any opposition.

Maybe we should run a book here on how long it gonna take?

For people like you it would be the familiar, easy way, the "soft solution".

You wish.

2 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Talked to my wife about this again the other night, asking her how many of her friends actually voted for the 'junta' led parties. Conclusion was about 10%. I've personally never met one, and all the people she talks to - taxi drivers, market stall owners are all moaning about them. No way was this election not rigged - apart from 1/3 being elected by the junta pre-election. NO wonder they would not let it be overseen by foreigners.

I was surprised to learn that 25%of the esaan village i live in voted for prayuts party.

Regardless, you can start pissing urselves because they’re coming in fast and they’re coming in strong and you’re decade of political <deleted> and depriving Thailand of democracy is coming to an end. Time for you dumb, dinosaur, filthy paws to go out of the jar. Pretending isn’t gonna work this time in Thailand, you low expectational cunning fossils! Send us postcards from jail or Germany, if u wise up quickly enough!  

33 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

You must be new here. They did that in 2010, and it ended up with the military taking over.

The military and their faction have already taken over.

This is directly against the military and said faction.

2 hours ago, RBOP said:

I was working for a big foreign corporation at vote time (5500 employee). My impression was most did not vote for the Junta and many were visibly upset when they won.

The majority of people who voted, voted for the Junta party. A significant amount of others voted for local power base parties who had declared they would work with the Junta.

Suggests that your experience was not representative of the whole population.

Just like the US, UK, France, Aussie etc. - the electorate get what they vote for. Not in the EU of course, because you don't get to vote on the leadership!

37 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

They do not understand that they are playing with fire. The people are not happy, and the more they are push around the harder the retalliation is going to be.

Dream on! I live in an area that was very actively red shirt, including radio station, HQ's etc. Now all gone. No one cares anymore. A PTP candidate was elected but is never seen or heard in the area. 

It's more like carry on and wait for 'our turn" to come around again. Which of course may never happen.

I know people in their 30's who support FFP. Well educated, studied overseas, professionals from strong wealthy families. They are certainly angry. But in total, their numbers just aren't large enough yet.

3 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Talked to my wife about this again the other night, asking her how many of her friends actually voted for the 'junta' led parties. Conclusion was about 10%. I've personally never met one, and all the people she talks to - taxi drivers, market stall owners are all moaning about them. No way was this election not rigged - apart from 1/3 being elected by the junta pre-election. NO wonder they would not let it be overseen by foreigners.

You also have to wonder why for example the UK had an election last Thursday, and within hours of the polling stations closing the votes are counted and the result announced. On the other hand, Thailand has an election and it takes several weeks to announce the results!!!?? ????

7 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Made up figures from your imagination!

Yes. That why I use “?”.

and the 10% was Richard Coleman imagination.

What you imagine?

4 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Dream on! I live in an area that was very actively red shirt, including radio station, HQ's etc. Now all gone. No one cares anymore. A PTP candidate was elected but is never seen or heard in the area. 

It's more like carry on and wait for 'our turn" to come around again. Which of course may never happen.

I know people in their 30's who support FFP. Well educated, studied overseas, professionals from strong wealthy families. They are certainly angry. But in total, their numbers just aren't large enough yet.

I agree with the numbers as you close your post. However, there are a growing amount of unhappy people and sooner or later they are enough many. That´s when the bubbles of the boiling pot will surface.

I would imagine a large number that possibly voted for the government were "fence sitters" , who voted for some sort of status quo rather than turmoil in the view that after the election the economy would improve. It is now rather obvious that the economy did not improve and those fence sitters are probably having second thoughts.

19 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

The majority of people who voted, voted for the Junta party.

Wrong. 

They won 87 from 500.  Majority?

A significant amount of others voted for local power base parties who had declared they would work with the Junta.

They declare that AFTER the election. AFTER the people vote.

The free and fairly elected junta could choose the Turkish model and claim a shadow government at work and therefore terrorists of the state or the Chinese model and bang everyone up for"retraining" could be dark days in paradise said (Gary Moore)???? 

Archived