Why are more & more expats leaving Thailand?

RyanWalker

Just now, DaRoadrunner said:

The uk supermarket may be cheaper, the gasoline isn't. Then there is the council tax, none existent in Thailand. I could go on, but you get the idea already.

Overall, Thailand is still cheaper, so long as you don't want cheese and pickles.... but then we did not come here for this... did we?

Haha.. Yeah mate, there will be a day when bar fines are going to be 6k bht????

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, amykat said:

Since there are approximately 5 times more Americans in the world than Brits, if there are 5 times as many threads, for any one complaint, that would just make us equal on the face of it ...but you seem keep wanting to point out something else??

Are there approximately 5 times more Americans in Thailand than Brits?

And NO, I am European, not a Brit.

35 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Yes, I did move back in with my Mum, whilst my tenants in my own house were preparing to move out .

Now my tenants have moved out, I am now back in my own house, getting it painted and decorated for the next tenants .

With all your riches and money , are you a landlord back home ?

Your story keeps changing . last one was housesitting while mommie was apperently on a very very long holidays . But now youve invented a house story. Which one is it ? please dont tell its both lol. Im a landlord in Bangkok

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, sanemax said:

You sounded so proud yesterday as well .

"Shes not leaving , I know her, I PM her, shes my friend , I PMed her , I just asked her, She told me, I Pmed her, she answered"

You seemed so proud of yourself, PMing yinn and "knowing" that she wouldnt be leaving.......................then she left straight after the poll , as stated by myself .

Google "obsessed".

Please.

Next concider seeking help.

Please.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

Are there approximately 5 times more Americans in Thailand than Brits?

And NO, I am European, not a Brit.

My comment was to Danny, who has repeatedly made this comment regarding Americans, as if he even knows who all the Americans are on the forum.  I am sure the numbers of Americans are not 5 times MORE in Thailand, however I was making a point dude!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

QUOTE: With all your riches and money , are you a landlord back home ?

No, my lord.

QUOTE: As a leaver ,( recently left Thailand after a 9 year stint on tourist visas)

So you spent 9 years in Thailand, ILLEGALLY? And now you complain that Thai immigration does not love you?

What will be next? Complaining that the EU will not let you stay forever?

He's lucky E.U. does not make Cheddar …. but pickled onions ?… might …. be ….and very possible after 2020 becomes expensive ….all those other products price increasing  is a possibility ????

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, sanemax said:

You sounded so proud yesterday as well .

"Shes not leaving , I know her, I PM her, shes my friend , I PMed her , I just asked her, She told me, I Pmed her, she answered"

You seemed so proud of yourself, PMing yinn and "knowing" that she wouldnt be leaving.......................then she left straight after the poll , as stated by myself .

Now, you're off in cloud cukoo land! I've never PMed Yinn, I'm not that sad. Quote me.

I didn't even vote for Yinn first time round, I voted for her second time round for reasons other than that I thought she was a worthy POTY.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, RyanWalker said:

Haha.. Yeah mate, there will be a day when bar fines are going to be 6k bht????

What gets me is the way Thais increase prices without considering if people will still buy. There is a lot of unsold expensive produce sitting on the supermarket shelves, while I don't even want to ask what a bar fine costs. No wonder people are leaving.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, RyanWalker said:

You know there is zero reporting for me on my marriage visa. Got a 2 year visa and have no reporting to do. The 3 month reporting in Thailand is a joke! For what reason they have that, I'd really like to know

Many bar girls could marry a criminal whom just wanted a visa to stay in Thailand as their hiding place, for money. I don't say all the guys who married bar girls are criminals though, it's just an example. Many things need to be doing to stop the"accidents" like jumping from high building of foreigners (mostly criminals) to happen. Many unpaid hospital bills, Many unpaid for sending corpses (of poor retirees with no insurances and family) to their home countries. Many freeloaders who want good infrastructure and services but don't want to pay any income taxes. I'm glad that Thailand's begun the cleansing... Yes, it affects good guys who just want to be with their family and friends and to be treated right, but all these restrictions and reports are still needed to improve the situation. It's just still too risky of not to doing so. Thailand is still a poor country and we don't have money over to pay for these freeloaders.

Edited by Bjrda77
  • Like 1
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, DaRoadrunner said:

What gets me is the way Thais increase prices without considering if people will still buy. There is a lot of unsold expensive produce sitting on the supermarket shelves, while I don't even want to ask what a bar fine costs. No wonder people are leaving.

I have wondered exactly the same. I see baskets full of Avocado's almost gone bad, yet theybstill cost 100bht each.. 

Just now, oldhippy said:

Yes, but that is not a solution for the whinging and moaning problem in this thread, as some insane members will then start whinging and moaning that their mums dont want them back in their house.

Stop making things up, no one has whinged or complained about their mums not wanting them back in their homes.

I know that you are referring to me, but thats just your imagination working overtime and nothing to do with the reality

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

I didn't. I replied to your post, pointing out that you were talking out of your backside. She liked/thanked my post.

She did leave though, as previously stated

Remains to be seem whether she returns or not

4 minutes ago, Bjrda77 said:

Many bar girls could marry a criminal whom just wanted a visa to stay in Thailand as their hiding place, for money. I don't say all the guys who married bar girls are criminals though, it just an example. Many things need to be doing to stop the"accidents" like jumping from high building of foreigners (mostly criminals) to happen. Many unpaid hospital bills, Many unpaid for sending corpses (of poor retirees with no insurances and family) to their home countries. Many freeloaders who want good infrastructure and services but don't want to pay any income taxes. I'm glad that Thailand's begun the cleansing... Yes, it affects good guys who just want to be with their family and friends and to be treated right, but all these restrictions and reports are still needed to improve the situation. It's just still too risky of not to doing so.

The reporting is a joke though, if you don't do it, nit much happens. Also it is not finger printed.. So really no use mate