Security beefed up at Iran, US embassies

webfact

Security beefed up at Iran, US embassies

By The Nation

800_c7797e5d653d987.jpg?v=1578300735

Security is being strengthened at the US and Iranian embassies in Bangkok after a US drone strike killed Iranian military leader Qassem Suleimani on Friday and Tehran vowed revenge.

The Royal Thai police and Metropolitan Police headquarters have directed Division 5 to strengthen security, including round-the-clock patrols, at the embassies, ambassadors’ residences, and homes of other important figures.

Metropolitan Police Division 5 commander Pol Maj-General Samart Srisiriwiboonchai said on Monday (January 6) that the Iranian Embassy, located in Thong Lo, and the United States Embassy in Lumpini were under the responsibility of Division 5. 

On Sunday, a number of Iranian citizens placed flowers in front of a photo of Suleimani in front of the country’s embassy in a sign of mourning. They made an appointment to meet again on January 9.

640_69bje655bcad86kagdh6h.jpg

a number of Iranian citizens placed flowers in front of Iran embassy on Sunday.

640_bgfagba67hakaegbif6ei.jpg

640_b9abid8ebh8kbdf5ff9fi.jpg

640_heb8fjgadekhcb75796bk.jpg

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30380200

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-01-06

Hmm should I be a bold Yank then and go over there to chant USA, USA? Joking.

Serving humanity indeed. OK then.

Anyway for those of you heading out to Central BKK, I must say that I did see an untoward number of cops out today, just hanging around, but a lot of them in various tourist venues.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

PM orders security upgrade amid US-Iran tensions

By THE NATION

800_0e3e524b319b18c.jpg

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha today (January 6) ordered the Defense Ministry and Army to closely monitor and evaluate the escalating conflict between US and Iran, according to ministry's spokesman Lt Gen Khongcheep Tantaravanich.

This follows a US drone strike that killed Maj Gen Qasem Soleimani, commander of Iran's elite Quds Force, as he traveled in a convoy near the Baghdad airport on Friday.

The premier, who is also Defense Minister, also also ordered responsible agencies to beef up security for potential attack targets. They must also be ready to evacuate Thais overseas if the situation deteriorated.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30380201

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-01-06

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha today (January 6) ordered the Defense Ministry and Army to closely monitor and evaluate the escalating conflict between US and Iran, according to ministry's spokesman Lt Gen Khongcheep Tantaravanich.

The general in his element !!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, jany123 said:

But but but... the liar in chief and all its minions have been trumpeting on about the world now being a safer place... maybe the rest of the world didn’t get that memo.... or maybe it’s proof that they’ve don’t trust the trump and it’s lying minions... who would?. 

Cultist

1 hour ago, gaikhao said:

Really? The dead iranian was murdering long before  Trump arrived. Hizbollah has been murdering under the patronage of Iran for 20+ years. Assad is in power not because of Trump etc.

I am troubled by the sight of Iranians paying homage to a dead murderer in Bangkok. Obviously a local base of terrorist supporters. The question is whether or not the Thai security agencies have noted this.

Yes he has tons of blood on his hands but to many Iranians he was a patriot not a terrorist. 

To question the wisdom of assassinating him is not the same as having sympathy for his vicious acts.

12 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Indeed. One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.

There is little doubt this guy was orchestrating attacks on US military and civilian targets and seemingly planning to escalate both. Probably also considering attacks on any US allies too.  

In light of that, the US has every right under international law to take necessary actions to protect it's citizens; just as Mrs. Merkel, to her credit, pointed out.

Attempts at bribery, a la Obama, don't work with these fanatics.

But will it help or make things much worse? I think the latter. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Without the nutter Trump the problem wouldn't exist.

Oh please trump is a saint compare to the Devil himself GEORGE BUSH and all the thousands of people he killed during his 8 years in power with his so called war on terror.

12 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

So somehow this military industrial complex forced Trump to give that order? Really?

I am sure that military industrial complex exists and they want to sell lots of weapons. But that does not change the fact that Trump likes to shoot from the him without thinking first.

This is a very good point, and a question many have no doubt.

The establishment has their tentacles everywhere. That is what having money and a political system that is based in donations does. As you say, I do not think they get what they want right away in a general sense. But after extending those tentacles for years or even decades, absolutely, they can and do get the outcomes they desire. 

Look at it backwards. How many wars is the US currently involved in? How many of those are seemingly endless (meaning good for weapons manufacturers)? How many of the wars are making the countries more stable? How many of the wars are making US citizens safer? 

There is really only one beneficiary to the endless war cycle. Answer who that is and you get your answer as to who is creating them. 

Edited by meand

1 hour ago, Baerboxer said:

In light of that, the US has every right under international law to take necessary actions to protect it's citizens; just as Mrs. Merkel, to her credit, pointed out.

International and US law makes it illegal to assassinate state leaders, which this general was deemed to be.... maybe that’s not a part of German law

This assassination reminds me of arch duke franky Ferdinand.... and look how that worked out. A match thrown on gasoline.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, jany123 said:

This assassination reminds me of arch duke franky Ferdinand

No historical parrallel s whatsover. None.

51 minutes ago, jany123 said:

International and US law makes it illegal to assassinate state leaders, which this general was deemed to be...

He was a murderer with blood on his hands. Thats what WE deemed him, and thats all that counts.

8 minutes ago, IAMHERE said:

Get a suspect list going now for if an IED goes off in remembrance of that terrorist.

I must say that the potential for action at Uncles Sams place on Wireless will make me change my route to Polo Fried Chicken. Instead of getting off at Ploen Chit and walking South past the Embassy (frequently I burst into God Bless America in my best imitation of Kate Smith, to the amusement of the Thai security), Ill have to go to Lumpini and walk North. Longer. Damn Terrs!

If you havent been to Polo Fried Chicken its great by the way.

Edited by Nyezhov

40 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

No historical parrallel s whatsover. None.

He was a murderer with blood on his hands. Thats what WE deemed him, and thats all that counts.

Of course there’s historical parallels... that’s why I was reminded of it... both were assassinated during times of increased international tensions. One ignited a war... the other might very well ignite a war, or that at least is the fear and speculation.

Anyway, what blood was on his hands? I did ask for a link. Every battlefield commander has blood on his hands for goodness sake... it kind of goes with the territory... much like getting shot at as a soldier, goes with the territory.

irans tactics are not unique to Iran... when these tactics work in your favor, you applaud them... cool... but at least try to understand the reciprocity of the situation

anyway... the us deemed him a terrorist... so what? Iran justifiably deems us actions as that of a terrorist... it (us) certainly supports terrorists and arms them to do its bidding, as history clearly demonstrates, but that’s ok because it’s the usa... sure, why not?

• Thanks 1