Biting soi dog battered to death, claims foundation

webfact

Here in Bangna, I love to walk Klong Khlet to Seri & Seacon. There are a few 'rushers' on the klong path, including one that's muzzled; good chance he was a biter! I carry a big stick, yell 'Bpai!' as soon as I see one. If I had to, I would not hesitate to use it rather than suffer a dogbite! Some dog owners along the klong give me a hard time--tough t*tty!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, ianezy0 said:

IMHO - Violent killing of the dog is completely wrong.

Not if it was attacking someone unprovoked, If I was attacked by a person unprovoked and I killed him, I would have no regrets.

39 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

The reasonable solution would be humanely euthanizing such animals. They have proven they are a danger in the community. 

I would take it a step further an humanely euthanize all stray dogs.

All dogs should have a collar identifying the owner. 

The owner is responsible for the actions of their pet. 

If a dog doesn’t have an owner, it should be taken away and euthanized - while harsh and maybe unpopular this is the only way to get rid of the ’stray / soi’ dog issue. 

Worked a treat in the UK. No stray dogs now and the British are known for being animal lovers.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, steven100 said:

oh dear possum, i didn't realize you were such a violent person ...  

Steven, I have been here nearly 14 years and apart from one time a drunk kicked at my GFs, now wifes ankle. I booted him, I have never had any cause to be violent with a Thai.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, ianezy0 said:

IMHO - Violent killing of the dog is completely wrong.

Maybe it was not violent.  They only had to whack it hard once or twice on the head it would be dead.  Otherwise they would have to put it through all the stress over many hours of capturing it, restraining it, locking it in a cage, putting it in a van, transporting it to the vet, getting it out, all the time the dog frantic with fear, then again how can they restrain it there if it's totally wild and biting.. its not a small dog.  All this time there is more chance of others getting bitten, and the frantic scared dog injuring itself during capture, transport and it getting put to sleep.

5 hours ago, Matzzon said:

It´s the first word I get kinda stuck on here. Animal lovers??? So, now they are coming out when it´s to late! Giving all the sad tearful stories. How come there was no animal lover before the dog bite enough people and was beaten to death? Why did an animal lover not take care of the dog before it was too late. Where was all the animal lovers then?

Yes, funny that.  These animals lovers only seem to care when an animal dies, they don't give a dam about it suffering on the streets for years on end with no home or medical care.  Why didn't one of these animals loves from the thousands out there, take the dog into their own home?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Steven, I have been here nearly 14 years and apart from one time a drunk kicked at my GFs, now wifes ankle. I booted him, I have never had any cause to be violent with a Thai.

You certainly have had a quieter life here than me. Including probably dogs a running around. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

You certainly have had a quieter life here than me. Including probably dogs a running around. 

In Pattaya, I have never had occasion to get physical with a Thai. Shouted at a few over the years but no real confrontations.

Never see soi dogs inside my gated estate. Outside the estate I'm always in my car so play paper scissors stone with them. Car beats soi dog.

16 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

In Pattaya, I have never had occasion to get physical with a Thai. Shouted at a few over the years but no real confrontations.

Never see soi dogs inside my gated estate. Outside the estate I'm always in my car so play paper scissors stone with them. Car beats soi dog.

For me a couple Thai Yai and then more than enough foreigners spouting off. Those days are probably over. Soi dogs I always run into in CM. even the temple ones. Just need to stand your ground and they become pussy cats.

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

Standing your ground doesn’t work when there are a few of them in a pack. 

A normally timid soi dog readily grows in courage and aggression when teamed up in a pack... it can be an extremely frightening experience - one which I narrowly escaped outside temple on a quiet street when a passing motorcyclist saw the trouble I was about to get into and offered stopped and led me to my escape. 

...........the usual ‘bend down’ as if to pick up a stone didn’t work, none of them flinched, actually throwing a stone at them didn’t work... they were growling, snarling and slowly approaching me...  I knew the moment I turned and ran that would be it and I’d be chewed...  Stepping towards the pack didn’t see them back off... Just standing my ground seemed he best solution, shouting at them etc.. but they didn’t back off and were slowly coming towards me...  without doubt I was in serious trouble and was saved by the thoughtfulness of a passing motorcyclist. 

Hard story and uplifting the THAI helped. Been in that situation several times but picked on the leader and always got out of it. Albeit very nerve racking and dirty your underwear scary. Not saying I’m special or anything but my approach did work every time to each being hair raising situations. And nope, not wanting to see if my luck is good on having another. Enough! Closest I get is them chasing me on motorcycle now.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Tchooptip said:

"responsible for biting many people outside a convenience store"

I knew a gentleman in his sixties a few years ago in Koh Samui who after being bitten by a dog, despite the insistence of his Thai wife he did not want to go to the hospital. The bone became infected seriously and from that moment the hospital no longer managed to save him, he passed away. I knew him well I will never forget.????The photos of the day of his cremation being on my computer sometimes I see them, every time I can't believe it happened!

Yeah. One thing here is I know if bit by a dog it is time to go see a doctor for shots. Rabies is a reality here in and out of places 

1 minute ago, holy cow cm said:

Yeah. One thing here is I know if bit by a dog it is time to go see a doctor for shots. Rabies is a reality here in and out of places 

In this case it had nothing to do with rabies it was a bone infection.

If he had been in the hospital right away he would have been saved.

21 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

Poor ickle wickle doggie, I honestly hope they all die, they are another stain on Thailand, and the morons that feed them are the lowest of the low, you can't walk into a convenience store without having to step over some mangy mutt and you never know if it's gonna rear up and bite your butt.

Karma..... Let us all know how it feels when you return in the next life as a Thai street dog.

• Haha 1