UK Pensions and related info

11 minutes ago, izod10 said:

This tells me they cannot be made

Benefits that cannot be reduced or stopped

The following benefits cannot be reduced or stopped if you commit benefit fraud:

• Attendance Allowance
  • Bereavement Support Payment
  • Child Benefit
  • Child Tax Credit
  • Christmas Bonus
  • Disability Living Allowance
  • Graduated Retirement Benefit
  • Guardian’s Allowance
  • Industrial Injuries Constant Attendance Allowance (where a Disablement Pension is payable)
  • Industrial Injuries Exceptionally Severe Disablement Allowance (where a Disablement Pension is payable)
  • Personal Independence Payment
  • State Pension
  • Social Fund Payments
  • War Pension Constant Attendance Allowance
  • War Pension Exceptionally Severe Disablement Allowance
  • War Pension Mobility

www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1988/664

This proves such deductions are lawfull

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Wrong AGAIN, my state pension is 15% of my total income, can you get anything right before you post ?

It was you years ago stated 1/5 of total pension,stopped posting for a bit,...and then the fake DWP letter costing 250 quid   Ill see if I can find it

51 minutes ago, cleopatra2 said:

My only response is the label on the tin you are reading is fake.

I am neither a frozen pensioner or a pensioner 

good for you,however,not reading the can,but disqualifying pensions sums it up

2 minutes ago, cleopatra2 said:

I have been courteous to provide the actual legislation stating such deductions are lawfull.

Thus I request you to provide such legislation that states deductions are not available.

Simply referring to guidance issued is only that , guidance and not a statement of law.

Look sunshine  here

The following benefits cannot be reduced or stopped if you commit benefit fraud:

• Attendance Allowance
  • Child Benefit
  • Child Tax Credit
  • Christmas Bonus
  • Guardian’s Allowance
  • Industrial Injuries Constant Attendance Allowance (where a Disablement Pension is payable)
  • Industrial Injuries Exceptionally Severe Disablement Allowance (where a Disablement Pension is payable)
  • State Pension
  • Social Fund Payments
  • War Pension Mobility
  •   It states cannot be reduced or stopped"      straight from DWP webite,not guidence   There good enough  or not?  if not tough  Statement of law  however you want ..this is Legislation DWP style   lol

7 minutes ago, izod10 said:

Look sunshine  here

• Attendance Allowance
  • Child Benefit
  • Child Tax Credit
  • Christmas Bonus
  • Guardian’s Allowance
  • State Pension
  • Social Fund Payments
  • War Pension Mobility
  •   It states cannot be reduced or stopped"      straight from DWP webite,not guidence   There good enough  or not?  if not tough  Statement of law  however you want ..this is Legislation DWP style   lol

You originally asked where in law was the basis for deductions from the state pension. 

This information has been provided.

You have continually asserted this is incorrect but have not provided anything in law to contradict that such deductions can be made.

I can only assume you are being vexatious.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, izod10 said:

Look sunshine  here

• Attendance Allowance
  • Child Benefit
  • Child Tax Credit
  • Christmas Bonus
  • Guardian’s Allowance
  • State Pension
  • Social Fund Payments
  • War Pension Mobility

This is technically incorrect.

A person can be imprisoned for benefit fraud. Any state pension entitlement is revoked during the period of imprisonment. Yet this guidance states that the entitlement cannot be stopped.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, cleopatra2 said:

This is technically incorrect.

A person can be imprisoned for benefit fraud. Any state pension entitlement is revoked during the period of imprisonment. Yet this guidance states that the entitlement cannot be stopped.

LOL  well I encourage you to inform the DWP author as to his mistake  LOL

6 minutes ago, izod10 said:

LOL  well I encourage you to inform the DWP author as to his mistake  LOL

The author has not made an error. The mistake is your intepretation. The loss of entitlement would follow from the penalty of a custodial sentence. No benefit sanction penalty would apply.

1 minute ago, cleopatra2 said:

The author has not made an error. The mistake is your intepretation. The loss of entitlement would follow from the penalty of a custodial sentence. No benefit sanction penalty would apply.

Missing one thing sunshine,perhaps there is no jail time for the undermentioned

• Attendance Allowance
  • Child Benefit
  • Child Tax Credit
  • Christmas Bonus
  • Guardian’s Allowance
  • State Pension
  • Social Fund Payments
  • War Pension Mobility

Ever thought that as a possibility?  lol    but still proceed to DWP HQ  give the author a bo.llocking

5 minutes ago, izod10 said:

Missing one thing sunshine,perhaps there is no jail time for the undermentioned

• Attendance Allowance
  • Child Benefit
  • Child Tax Credit
  • Christmas Bonus
  • Guardian’s Allowance
  • State Pension
  • Social Fund Payments
  • War Pension Mobility

Ever thought that as a possibility?  lol    but still proceed to DWP HQ  give the author a bo.llocking

A quick look at the sentencing guidelines show that prison is a possibility for benefit fraud.

Even the DWP website states such is a possibility.

1 minute ago, cleopatra2 said:

A quick look at the sentencing guidelines show that prison is a possibility for benefit fraud.

Even the DWP website states such is a possibility.

Not on about website in general  lol  about this...

• Attendance Allowance
  • Child Benefit
  • Child Tax Credit
  • Christmas Bonus
  • Guardian’s Allowance
  • State Pension
  • Social Fund Payments
  • War Pension Mobility

LOL  now if you can possibly equate the above to jail time be my guest,if the punishment does not fit the crime,so be it,no crime there

Im done with your ridiculous assumptions  bottom line I'm not frozen and never will be....there Ive left you a potential flurry of actively,,go for it

• Like 1

2 hours ago, izod10 said:

I think your missing the point.

In my friends case, his pension entitlement was not reduced, nor stopped, but deductions were taken from his pension entitlement.

He was convicted of benefit fraud by a UK Court and ordered to repay several thousand pounds.

As by this time he was only receiving his state pension entitlement, then deductions could only be taken from that source.

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

I think your missing the point.

In my friends case, his pension entitlement was not reduced, nor stopped, but deductions were taken from his pension entitlement.

He was convicted of benefit fraud by a UK Court and ordered to repay several thousand pounds.

As by this time he was only receiving his state pension entitlement, then deductions could only be taken from that source.

So you say,I have been through endless quotations from DWP site,and the dominate theme in penalties is disqualifying penalty. Now this friend of yours must have been in housing benefit fraud or something like. It would not be deducted from that OAP as it leaves hardship to a degree that would not be allowed, its stated he is still receiving other benefits as you state earlier and the increase in state pension for him allowed his other attached benefits to be adjusted.

Was it 50 quid a month deductions he complained about,creating hardship  ?   lol  he must be on the bones of his proverbial. Would not be taken fromOAP source,but attached source

• Like 1

22 hours ago, izod10 said:

This probably means only that the amount you get cannot fall below what you are entitled to.   But it does allow claw-back of overpayments by reducing future payments.

On 2/14/2021 at 3:40 AM, nong38 said:

It seems like there has been in the last week some movement from Canada about the frozen pension issue and that a meeting might take place shortly between the UK government and the Canadian government with the possibility of looking at a reciprocal agreement. That if it came to pass would only be between the two but it might then provoke others to also seek the same, with individual countries making it not all inclusive but another step down the road.

It also occurs to me that since this virus appeared there must have been a fair number of UK pensioners who got caught in Thailand and could return and if they were unlucky got their pensions frozen until they can return to the UK  and that might not be until next year as  far as I know vaccination has not started here yet and you can bet ex-pats will be behind the locals which I understand but you wont get back in the UK until at least you can prove you have the jabs and any other restrictions that appear in the meantime like sitting in a hotel room waiting to see if you test positive.

Looks like the Canada initiative over uprating the frozen pensions of UK pensioners in Canada has been nixxed. What a bunch of 'bankers'......

https://international-adviser.com/uk-refuses-to-uprate-expat-pensions-in-canada/#:~:text=As a result%2C expats will,can impact on their finances.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 4/13/2021 at 9:17 AM, BobBKK said:

Is it easy to claim and get it paid into a Thailand bank?

As stated yes....but there are certain days not to do a transfer  Friday and Monday generally, money traders square away their accounts,  Wednesday  and Thursday generally are better days,exchange rates higher,quicker too

On 4/13/2021 at 3:37 PM, canopus1969 said:

Yes - go to the gov.uk site and claim

But... I used to have a verified UK.Gov account but they changed everything and now I cannot get any of their 'partners' to verify me.

On 4/17/2021 at 10:08 AM, izod10 said:

As stated yes....but there are certain days not to do a transfer  Friday and Monday generally, money traders square away their accounts,  Wednesday  and Thursday generally are better days,exchange rates higher,quicker too

Only if you can get UK.Gov to verify - why they had to change something that worked perfectly I don't know. All of their partners turn me down for verification.

I get my pension on a Friday into a UK bank account between 1-2AM UK time.  Setup transfer to BKK Bank at 8AM Thai time via Wise. Money in BKK bank just after 2pm Thai time same Friday. Only problem is Bank holyday weekends.

Edited by fangless
Wise added!
  • Like 1

Guest jonzboy
On 4/21/2021 at 8:40 AM, BobBKK said:

But... I used to have a verified UK.Gov account but they changed everything and now I cannot get any of their 'partners' to verify me.

I believe you can only claim online if you are resident in UK.  Otherwise you need to complete the paper form and submit with supporting documents.

I second you comments about the "verified identity" as I got locked out and had to re-register (I used the post office one) and judging from the questions they ask it seems they do a cross check with your UK credit history