DLT: Polluting trucks, public transport face fines

webfact

That will mean that at least 80% of the busses and the heavy transport vehicles will be fined on a daily basis because this how many of them are running around belching putrid obnoxious smoke all over the country...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:

that exceed safe limits

Anybody have a link to where these "safe limits" are enshrined in any legislation?

I know when my old mc has its annual check they take readings but I have no idea what they are or what the allowed limit is supposed to be.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

The Department of Land Transport (DLT) has stepped up measures to control trucks and public transport with exhaust emissions that exceed safe limits. The measures are designed to alleviate pollution problems.

This could be a first step in the right direction ... if it works!
With total inconsistency and high corruption, it is doomed to fail!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bristolgeoff said:

that would be most of the busses in bkk or diesel trucks.the roads will be nearly empty if banned

Except that more than 50% of the buses that circulate in Bangkok run on gas;
almost 100% of taxis, same ( 555 ! I start to write like Yinn :cheesy: , funny ..)
and many trucks of all tonnages also run on gas

They had better run after all the modified pickups and especially close the garages that do.

In fact in the land of laxity where the cops do not do the work for which they are paid .. we can expect all kinds of declarations of firmness and know that nothing will ever happen.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

The Department of Land Transport (DLT) has stepped up measures to control trucks and public transport with exhaust emissions that exceed safe limits.

Again! must be because the last "campaigns were so successful! ????

4 hours ago, 30la said:

This could be a first step in the right direction ... if it works!

It didn't last year, so most likely wont this year either!

The strange point about Bangkok and pollution that many won't remember is back in the early nineties the pollution was horrendous, mainly due to 2 stroke motorcycles, they had a massive campaign to clean the air that was successful, 25 years later they are incapable of doing the same thing!

• Like 1