"Complaining" about Thai immigration issues while still loving Thailand

scottiddled

4 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

Also, posters like Puchaiyank and Destiny who have left but still troll the forum.

It was probably so boring where they went too, that they have to spend all their time complaining about the things no longer existing in their life. It can also be a call for help, because they´ve realized their mistake.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I don't apologize everything here and lots of things need improvement. But moaning won't improve it.

And IHMO if people are not happy here then it would be great if they look for another place. Likely they will also be unhappy in that new place because they are just people who like to moan. But at least after they moved to Kazakhstan or Timbuktu they can moan in the local forums over there.

Germs of Truth are found everywhere.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Gecko123 said:

Having spent the better part of last year researching repatriation to the US, I have a fresh appreciation for what it would require financially, i.e., $40,000/year at a minimum. It is increasingly my belief that the vast majority of people who moved to Thailand 7+ years ago would struggle financially to repatriate in today's financial climate. This has been greatly exacerbated by quantitative easing in the West which has caused housing costs to be artificially inflated. If not for quantitative easing, I strongly believe repatriation would be much easier.

Thus, for many repatriation to their home country is no longer a realistic option. For them, listening to people complain about problems in Thailand, or listening to people who have managed to repatriate talking excitedly about their new life, is like a prisoner serving a life sentence having to listen to a fellow inmate complaining about the cafeteria food or listening to a recently paroled cell mate going on and on about how great things are on the outside. They know what they are hearing is true, but it's unbearable to listen to because they are powerless to do anything about it. For them, it's like psychological torture. People go through cycles and evolve. Trying to silence people who you don't agree with is futile. Try learning from other people's perspectives is what I'd recommend.

Trying to make out people who don't moan are trapped is a bit silly

How about the non moaners take Thailand in their stride, warts and all, and just concentrate on having an enjoyable life

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, 473geo said:

How about the non moaners take Thailand in their stride, warts and all, and just concentrate on having an enjoyable life

Raises hand...Me, me, me!

• Like 1

Well written.  Be part of the solution NOT the problem for those individuals who respond with simply saying get out.  Not helpful.  Rather what does help is if these people can provide answer or directions that explain how they make their immigration process so easy.  

• Like 1

On 1/14/2020 at 11:25 AM, BritManToo said:

It's a form of denial, "If I love Thailand, Thailand will love me and treat me well."

You get similar denial from the posters who post, "I'm fat and old, but have found a much younger attractive woman who loves me for myself."

Entirely understandable, they don't like the world they live in, so create a fantasy life where everything is perfect. Challenging their fantasy will get you an immediate aggressive rebuttal, probably including personal insults.

Yep, I think the psycological term for this is cognative dissonance...

• Like 1

On 1/14/2020 at 2:53 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

Most of us who live in Thailand decided to live here. Some of us checked out many details of Thailand before we moved. Other just stayed after a holiday.

I think first of all we should not live in Thailand if we don't like the country, the people, the weather, the overall situation. I.e. some people complain that it's hot all the time. My answer is: accept it or move to another place.

With the weather it is obvious that the weather won't change because some farangs don't like it. But there are many other things which won't change. Accept it.

And another thing what I think we should accept is that Thais won't change because some farangs don't like it. That's like anywhere else in this world. In which countries to the people who make the rules care about the few foreigners who moved to that country?

And then there is the big difference between trying to change something and moaning about things. Some time ago I made a computer program which printed information into official Thai forms. Some of these forms had horrible formatting like a lot of space for a house number and very little space for a name. I pointed that out to the person I knew and asked them if maybe they want to think about changing these forms. They didn't want to change them. Ok, accepted. And I don't moan about it. Case closed.

It seems here on Thai Visa are many people who moan about lots of things. Do they really want to change things? How often do we have posts like: I don't like xyz, which government agency should I contact to change that? Do we have posts like that?

It seems TV has lots of posts like: I spend hours trying to do this and that. Those stupid people don't understand what I want. Why is it not the way I am used to from back home? Why don't those Thais treat me like I am someone important? I think I am important. And why don't they all speak perfectly English in the Thai government? I explain it to them in English and they don't understand. Why don't they learn English? ...

I don't apologize everything here and lots of things need improvement. But moaning won't improve it.

And IHMO if people are not happy here then it would be great if they look for another place. Likely they will also be unhappy in that new place because they are just people who like to moan. But at least after they moved to Kazakhstan or Timbuktu they can moan in the local forums over there.

I think most of the moaning here is about immigration. They don't have the financial requirements to stay here. They are not genuine tourists and they have been using all sorts of loopholes in the past to continue staying here. They now complain  all the time because immigration is closing the loopholes and enforcing the law. Many of them don't want to go back to their own country because they're so ugly and unattractive that they could never find a decent looking girl where they come from. And most of them have no idea about the situation in other countries because they never been anywhere else except Thailand.

• Like 1