VIDEO: Angry British tourist PUNCHES Thai man on MRT

snoop1130

2 hours ago, KhunFred said:

This American will side with the Brit. Tired of Thais and their disregard for any semblance of accountability. It's one of MANY reasons that farangs are leaving Thailand in droves

That Brit was lucky he was not held accountable for behaving like a caveman on the MRT.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, KhunFred said:

This American will side with the Brit. Tired of Thais and their disregard for any semblance of accountability. It's one of MANY reasons that farangs are leaving Thailand in droves.

I am struggling to understand this.    People are leaving in droves because of what exactly??  Because a Thai was cowering in the face of a bully?

It has already been established the Thai did nothing wrong other than maybe bump into him and cause his phone to fall (which he was apologising for), and it was the English guy who was the aggressor and unjustifiably so.  So how about him and his lack of any semblance of accountability for behaving like a bully and a thug?  Also in front of families and children.

So tell me again why you side with him?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

I am struggling to understand this.    People are leaving in droves because of what exactly??  Because a Thai was cowering in the face of a bully?

It has already been established the Thai did nothing wrong other than maybe bump into him and cause his phone to fall (which he was apologising for), and it was the English guy who was the aggressor and unjustifiably so.  So how about him and his lack of any semblance of accountability for behaving like a bully and a thug?  Also in front of families and children.

So tell me again why you side with him?

People side with the English guy because his reaction was that of one who had been wronged so some of us assumed the pick pocketing story was fact and his actions therefore understandable.

If it was the result of an accidental push that caused the phone to be dropped his reaction was unjustified.

The Thai media and the little fellow said it not a case of pick pocketing.

What did the falang say?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

After watching this video a few times, I'm still unsure what the alteration was about. There has been a lot of speculation about the cause, but that's all, no real evidence as to who is the guilty party. Until CCTV footage from the Subway carriage is downloaded and viewed, then it is wrong to draw any conclusions.  

The tourist does say the word 'eyepiece'. so maybe he suspected the native was secretly filming him or someone that he knows.   

8 hours ago, mauGR1 said:

Apparently there are some people here, coming from so-called developed countries, who are in favour of mob justice.

Amazing, just amazing.

Where's the mob justice and if there is any mob justice in what way is it amazing?

Is it the Thai media siding with the little Thai fellow and condemning the falang for his aggressive behaviour or a lone falang expressing his anger if he thought rightly or wrongly that he'd been the victim of an attempted theft.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

Kindly refer to what I write instead of what you'd like to twist into that which suits your agenda. 

Are you for real ?

No agenda here, i'm trying to discuss the behaviour of the foreigner in the video.

In my opinion, and i repeat myself, even if the little guy attempted to pickpocket the big guy, to start fights on a public transport is a no-no.

Especially if it's not your country.

Hope i was clear enough, glad to help.

• Sad 2

10 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

Are you for real ?

No agenda here, i'm trying to discuss the behaviour of the foreigner in the video.

In my opinion, and i repeat myself, even if the little guy attempted to pickpocket the big guy, to start fights on a public transport is a no-no.

You did not help and neither did you intend to.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

You did not help and neither did you intend to.

Strange, normally i find a lot of common sense in your posts, but on this issue we have to agree to disagree.

Why accuse me of having an agenda ?

Ok, up to you, bye :coffee1:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mauGR1 said:

Are you for real ?

There was no fight, the Thai was not hit or hurt. He just got a piece of the English guy's mind, which he probably deserved.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

There was no fight, the Thai was not hit or hurt. He just got a piece of the English guy's mind, which he probably deserved.

True, but just because the tall guy in the yellow shirt put himself in the middle.

I think you understand my point anyway, you are in Thailand long enough to know that aggressive behaviours can have unpredictable consequences.

13 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

It has already been established the Thai did nothing wrong other than maybe bump into him and cause his phone to fall (which he was apologising for), and it was the English guy who was the aggressor and unjustifiably so. 

This has not been proved. The prevalent story is that the English guy was angry at the Thai for trying to take photos of his girlfriend. A girlfriend who, judging by the videos, doesn't exist. Both versions are from Thai rak Thai sources who weren't at the scene.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

True, but just because the tall guy in the yellow shirt put himself in the middle.

I think you understand my point anyway, you are in Thailand long enough to know that aggressive behaviours can have unpredictable consequences.

If the Brit had wanted to hit the Thai, he would have done. No chance of the guy in the yellow shirt stopping him. The English guy just vented his spleen, for whatever reason. The guy was probably a tourist, unaware of the urban myth that you allude to. I have vented my spleen on Thais on a number of occasions. I'm still here.

3 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

If the Brit had wanted to hit the Thai, he would have done. No chance of the guy in the yellow shirt stopping him. The English guy just vented his spleen, for whatever reason. The guy was probably a tourist, unaware of the urban myth that you allude to. I have vented my spleen on Thais on a number of occasions. I'm still here.

Good, yet i am against uncivilised behaviour, and i am against street justice.

If we condone such behaviours, we are back in the stone age.

• Like 1

On 1/14/2020 at 9:19 PM, TheDark said:

I hope Thais understand that not all farangs behave like him and not all farangs behave like this British man. Otherwise living in Thailand will become even more difficult for the rest of the western people as understandably Thais can be quite upset of these type of incidents.

Very misleading when you refer to someone as British. A British person is a person who's ethnicity is either English, Irish, Scottish or Welsh. Just because a person has a British Passport doesn't make him a British person. If not British ethically he is a British Citizen.

a cow born in a stable doesn't make it a horse.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 1/14/2020 at 9:21 PM, fasteddie said:

I'm ''British'' and I hope they find this bully and deal with him. If people weren't permanently glued to their smartphones maybe they'd be more aware of their surroundings.

Quite agree ,if not British he should be named in his ethnicity. He my have a British Passport but that didn't make him a British person. A cow born in a stable doesn't make it a horse.

Edited by Percy P
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 1/14/2020 at 9:19 PM, TheDark said:

I hope Thais understand that not all farangs behave like him and not all farangs behave like this British man. Otherwise living in Thailand will become even more difficult for the rest of the western people as understandably Thais can be quite upset of these type of incidents.

But is he British, ethically he my not be British. If not be should be referred to in his own ethnicity..

Edited by Percy P
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

This has not been proved. The prevalent story is that the English guy was angry at the Thai for trying to take photos of his girlfriend. A girlfriend who, judging by the videos, doesn't exist. Both versions are from Thai rak Thai sources who weren't at the scene.

Where did you get the information from he was English.

3 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

Where did you get the information from he was English. 

• Confused 1