Video: Airport thief who stole at Super Rich booth gives himself up

webfact

Video: Airport thief who stole at Super Rich booth gives himself up

7pm1.jpg

Police and authorities at Suvarnabhumi airport have announced the arrest of a thief who stole a wallet that fell from a tourist's bag in the queue to exchange money at the Super Rich booth by the airport link on Friday night.

CCTV caught the man kicking the wallet that contained gold and money to the value of 30,000 baht. He then stooped and picked it up before apparently getting on a train. 

The tourists - a couple with their child - were none the wiser until they checked their possessions. They had to leave Thailand on a scheduled flight but the theft left a nasty taste. 

They criticized the authorities prompting airport investigators and tourist police to act in the case. 

Now in custody is Natthaphon, 34, a convicted thief from Lat Krabang. 

7pm2.jpg

He had been named in a warrant for stealing at an airport. 

Social media and police pressure - visits were made to where he worked and his home address - flushed him out.

He gave himself up yesterday saying it was him on the tape. He had already spent the money from the gold and the cash on himself. 

77kaoded said he had previously been convicted of theft using an electronic card for which he received a one and a half year jail term. He had only got out of jail last September. 

Source: 77kaoded

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-01-15

Thais always claim to have spent the money.only yesterday one of my residents who is in his late 80s notice 65,000b missing from his account.oh she spent it she claimed the carer.my mrs got wind of it and was on the case within minutes and hey presto got nearly all of it back.even when caught they will try their best and somehow think they have claim to the ill gotten gains.natural born thieves and liars but the best part of it is that it's part of the culture as they say.

also this week a friend noticed that when surveying his land that something wasn't right.his water bill had been over 1,000b a month for some time.the Thai neighbor had tapped into his supply and also started growing 3 metres on to his land.when an official came from the amphur to resolve the matter the neighbor went ballistic when caught and try to blame my friend.

ive heard of having to screw things down to stop them go missing but thais can go one further and steal the land you screw things down to as well.

they seem to have the mindset that they have a right to steal from farang with the second choice being their own countrymen.

• Thanks 2

19 hours ago, neeray said:

Maybe they should accept some of the blame for so sloppily securing their assets.

Really! I can't think of a worse place to have your wallet fall out of your bag without you knowing it. These are clearly not seasoned world travellers. I almost feel sorry for the thief: he got out of jail last September and had kept his nose clean. Then he was confronted with a temptation he couldn't resist: a big bulging wallet fallen right at his feet. He must have thought he had won the lottery! Had he done the right thing, and returned the wallet, a photo of him would have been plastered all over the internet beneath a headline reading: "Thai Honesty! Man Returns Tourist's Wallet!"

16 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

The article is about one man stealing.  Your comment was that Thais feel that it is their God given right to steal, insinuating all Thais steal.

They don't of course but times are hard, in my village they have caught women who, up to now, were regarded as honest citizens stealing silk cloth from the temple and the pu yai ripped the temple funds off to the tune of 30,000 Baht, he needed it to pay for a lawyer, his son was caught dealing ya ba at university. It will get worse no doubt.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

Did he stick his hand in the bag and steal? No...He found it....sort of... Doesn't the carelessness of losee bear some responsibility.

No,

A man with his hands full and also with his wife and kid,trying to get himself organized, he had a momentary lapse of concentration which was seized upon by the thief....... and then you go victim blaming!

1 hour ago, Scouse123 said:

No,

A man with his hands full and also with his wife and kid,trying to get himself organized, he had a momentary lapse of concentration which was seized upon by the thief....... and then you go victim blaming!

Was not momentary, he probably walked all the way from immigration with pocket on bag unzipped. Some of us take responsibility for our own actions. I take it you don't like to take the blame for your screw ups.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

54 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Was not momentary, he probably walked all the way from immigration with pocket on bag unzipped. Some of us take responsibility for our own actions. I take it you don't like to take the blame for your screw ups.

yeah and girls in mini skirts get raped... same bs argument.

The guy did nothing illegal, stop blaming him for what some scum thief did.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, ThomasThBKK said:

yeah and girls in mini skirts get raped... same bs argument.

The guy did nothing illegal, stop blaming him for what some scum thief did.

"They criticized the authorities prompting airport investigators and tourist police to act in the case" … always someone else's fault. Of course the correct response from finder would have been to say "I think you dropped something" He didn't....he seized the opportunity. Doesn't make him scum.

• Sad 2

8 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

Wbat a ridiculous defence

You have a man walking along with his wife and baby with things on his mind. In the split couple of seconds a scumbag thief spots the dropped wallet, kicks it to one side, steals it and off he goes. He knows who the wallet belongs to! It wasn't even a case of finders keepers. Blatant disregard for a fellow human.

You  can even see the victim trying to gather his thoughts and compose himself to his matters in hand.

And then you victim blame?

Glad I don't move in your circles with morals like that.

Don't have or belong to a circle, but hey on a positive note I'll bet the guy will be more aware of his possessions from here on in.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1