Holiday spots in southern Thailand face hard times after coronavirus outbreak

webfact

7 hours ago, webfact said:

China's ban has left many in Thailand's tourism industry worried about their future.

Maybe they should consider a class action suit on China who exported the virus.

China is good, very, very good at exporting things. They just proved it by exporting the Coronavirus to the world.

• Like 2

On 1/31/2020 at 11:09 AM, neeray said:

Maybe they should consider a class action suit on China who exported the virus.

China is good, very, very good at exporting things. They just proved it by exporting the Coronavirus to the world.

Not having a go at you, but i really don't get why all this vitriol against China and the Chinese.

Aren't they humans too ?

On 1/31/2020 at 7:07 AM, Deli said:

No sympathy, greed and blindness controlled their business. That's the result.

Yup. none from me either. This is what you get when you're venal and your only goal in life is to separate the tourist from his money. One day, the tourists stop coming. For whatever reason.

Then what you got Somchai? Same as you always had: nuffink. The only things that change are that the people you swindled start laughing and shaking their heads and you feel like a fool. Rightly. Som nam na.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 1/31/2020 at 9:03 AM, 30la said:

Now what happens is what I call "the return of a mistake" TAT and the government who have always said that the lack of Europeans, Americans and other tourists is not a problem, we have the Chinese and the Indians ...

If those two green bottles should accidentally fall there'll be no green bottles sitting on the wall....

Edited by soalbundy

On 1/31/2020 at 12:21 AM, josephbloggs said:

Would any tour company, hotel, or even country be expected to welcome tourists for free? 

Of course with your cynicism you would no doubt allow any random stranger to stay in your house and eat your food for free, right?   Businesses should not exist for profit?

What a ridiculous comment.

Oh dear, guess my flippant comment on the blatant motives of the TAT was bound to rile up some numpty. Never mind. Go and have a beer.

• Like 1

This will be good for Thailand as it will show them the folly of only chasing one type of tourist and having all eggs in one basket. Also, if they are savvy enough, they will see that if the Chinese want to they can turn off the tap of tourism money whenever they like as they have no problem with weaponizing tourism and they are close to check-mate now. I know that Thailand is heading straight on towards just becoming a province of China in practical terms but if the Thais want to keep on with their famous balancing act between others/opposites (as they have done before) and to continue with their neutrality then they need a wake up experience ... and this might be it as it's going to last for a bit. I hope it goes tits-up as it may help usher in a better Thailand afterwards and problem is that it will need to before the military Nazis can be gotten rid of.

Edited by Brigand

2 hours ago, daveAustin said:

Oh dear, guess my flippant comment on the blatant motives of the TAT was bound to rile up some numpty. Never mind. Go and have a beer.

So the TAT - the government body whose sole aim and purpose is to encourage tourism and the revenue that comes from it - to you has a "blatant" motive to do their job.  Well done Sherlock.

And you call it a "blatant motive" as if that is some evil thing you've seen through.  Guess what, it is the same blatant motive of every single tourism authority the world over.  Wake up.  Maybe a beer would help you too - just make sure it isn't a pint of bitter as I think you've got enough of that already.

• Haha 1