Video: Twelve year old thrown off motorcycle as woman does unexpected U-turn

webfact

29 minutes ago, 448glb said:

It sounds like someone needs to take the keys away from auntie or put her down before she kills someone. Especially if she thinks that way, hopefully Darwinism takes her out.

Taking her keys has been tried, then she takes the keys for friends cars and without asking takes friends car.

Discussing events like this doesn't work, just makes her more stubborn.

At one accident she caused (went straight through a light already turned red and traffic moving in the opposite direction across the intersection she strongly abused 2 cops and was taken to the local station where she told the head that he and 2 more junior cops don't know the law.

She was insisting that if a person works in any position for the gov't. or any relative of that gov't. employee, has an extra 5 seconds to keep going through a red light.

The head cop told her tahat's not true and could not ever be true, it was illogal and obviously dangerou.

She the gave the head cop strong abuse, she was fined 10,000Baht and locked up for 24 hours.

About 3 months after that incident she had another accident, 2 people seriously injured, she was totally at fault and again she refused to accept she had done anything and abused the attending cops, taken to the stations, abused head cosp, again 10,000Baht fine on the spot and jailed for 5 days.

She also has a history of putting young kids (from the wider family) in her car and taking off without telling anybody.

As I mentioned earlier my son refused to get in any vehicle she is driving (meaning son, his wife and 3 kids) and son has banned her from travelling in his van. Son had a neighbor (senior cop) tell her if she ever did this with son's kids the senior cop would send cops to track her down and ensure she got jail for 1 year. She just laughed and walked away.

She's actually become a recluse because the whole family don't want to be near her. But she has contact with her neighbors and other locals in the village where she lives and has stolen keys and cars several times. Total nightmare.

Typical Thailand where no body will take the responsibility of their actions. First; bike rider with no licence, where are his parents that let him ride the bike on a public road. Second; car driver not checking the rear view mirrors before starting the turn. Third; as it is in the northeast region did the bike have any registration on it. So we have 1 for the car and 2 for the bike so the fair thing would be is that the car driver pay for the medical care of the rider and the riders parents pay for the repairs to both the car and the bike, but being Thailand neither the boy or his parents will take any responsibility for any of this they will only take the money off the woman car driver. At least the woman car driver did not do a runner like nearly all the male drivers do

The driver is 85% at fault and the motorcyclist 15%, based on that video (in an insurance assessment sense). The car was starting to turn and the motorcyclist could have stopped or avoided the car if they had been more aware. Therefore they are partly negligent.

Idiot car driver just turn without looking. Take away the cars from every Thai who has not been visiting a professional drivers school for at least a half year. They believe to be able to drive the car their prostitute girl has bought but they hardly can operate the pedals and steering wheel. Papa mama need caaaar I go find falangs because mama of friend in same village has already car and my mama not haaaab.

Edited by P100

9 hours ago, scorecard said:

Checking before you take an action is just not in Thai DNA. 

Even worse, our loudmouth crazy old 'auntie' says it's not necessary to check and it takes too much time.

She's caused several accidents because she refuses to check and has told cops 'I don't agree with having laws about anything, it's up to me, and if other people get injured it's just bad luck and their own fault for having bad karma'.

Me first! Me first! It's all about me! ME! ME! ME!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

Agreed the driver of the car is at fault, however, everyone knows what question is next........What is a 12 year old doing riding a motorbike on the road in the first place.

Double brain fart? Just a guess. It seems child endangerment is not a criminal offense in Thailand. ????

• Like 1

15 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

helmet not obvious but maybe i just dont see it

..I was looking for that too but I couldn't see if he was wearing one, if he wasn't that alone could have ended his life.. always wear a helmet if you're driving/riding a MC..

It is the government fault, for allowing kids an exception to drive motorbike main reason so they can obtain an education!  This exception without any education and the training coming from their parents who just passed on all the traits and habits that are killing their kids.

This one exception is what I call the FACTORY OF DEATH!

The driver and the motorbike all come from the above system re-enforcement in their testing system which is just to drive around in a circle.  They have taken all the humanity and mental aspect out of driving.

In this video, the driver never taught to double check the kid, no helmet going too fast without any defensive training just straight ahead pedal to the metal!  Whatever training he got he was never told if a vehicle is pull over slow down just in case. From the time the car vehicle turn I counted 4 seconds the biker had the chance to slow or avoid.

8 hours ago, ChrisKC said:

The position of her car suggests to me she is doing a three point turn, not a U turn as at that point there isnt an official U turn place that I can see.

And your assuming she is taking notice of road signs and behaving according to road signs.

I know from my own extended family and other Thai folks I've had contact with over decades; many Thai folks don't know the rules of the ord and don't know the meaning of many signs but more to the point they don't note and/or read road signs.

I suggest she's made a sudden decision to turn back, and immediately started her turn without checking anything let alone assessing whether U turns are legal at that point on the road. 

Agreed...driver of the car at fault, but the 12 year old displayed exactly why 12 year olds shouldn't be operating any motor vehicle. Seemed totally oblivious of the car and near zero evasive actions taken or slowing down when the car started moving from the shoulder. 

A post using inappropriate language has been removed:

8.) You will not post disruptive or inflammatory messages, vulgarities, obscenities or profanities.

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

1 hour ago, LennyW said:

If you had any understanding of life in rural Thailand you would not need to ask that.

LOL..........The question was of a purely rhetorical nature.

After 25 years of living in various parts of rural Thailand I have a very clear understanding of village life. :smile:

22 hours ago, legend49 said:

rear vision mirror is for looking at face to squeeze pimples. No one explained to her when she bought the car what car indicator lever was for.  I am serious when we bought the Toyota Rocco I had to get the salesman to explain how the switch for 2 wheel, 4 wheel drive works, no one can explain to me how to change the information screen from Thai to English. they had no idea how cruise control works and so on. Oh yes the manual was in that world language, Thai.

Ah; but what they did know was that Thailand is 'The Greatest Nation on Earth' and 'The Centre of The Universe', you know, the most important things that they teach each other !