EU leaders remind Britain: No membership, no benefits

snoop1130

58 minutes ago, Loiner said:

I understand fully how it works, and I expect Billd does too, as do 17.4 million Brexit voters. It worked baldly for the UK, so was one of the basic reasons for the vote against remaining in the EU.

Remainer propaganda about 4 million euro migrants paying lots of tax is untrue, the more of them that leave the better. If the 1.2 million UK pensioners in EU countries can't afford health care, then they should return home and spend their pensions in the UK rather than effectively be an export. The UK ends up paying for their health care to their retirement hosts anyway.

It is really farcical . Income inequality means that a very small percentage of the population owns most of the wealth leaving the rest of us to fight for crumbs.

And we do! the poor blaming the poorer. ????????

even if we were to get what we think the immigrants are stealing from as, and then get everything else they have, EVERYTHING even that that rightly belongs to them, what will you get????  you are still fighting over a small percentage of 20%, It is really laughable. :cheesy:

When asked why he robbed banks, Willie Sutton  replied, “I rob banks because that's where the money is"

If you want your money, the results of your labors, don't look to the poor, the immigrants the refugees, they have very little of it, if any.  Go where the money is. 

But those who have our money have bigger balls than as, so we go after the poor, the immigrants  the refugees the weak.

It is really pathetic, and leads as to act against our best interest. 

I am sorry but it is the truth, the numbers don't lie. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Forethat said:

You're telling me you read that and STILL don't understand why the UK voters told the EU-elite to take their little federal-state-to-be-club and shove it where the sun doesn't shine?

That's because he isn't British, doesn't understand the UK and probably has never lived in the UK but he is an expert on what the UK people think, need and should have.

No Chomps just will never understand from his EU perspective that the UK want to be independent.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ukrules said:

The Maldives is poison. Google why.

I don't have to google anything, incase you missed the point that was being made, I shall repeat it, they wanted to and indeed have rejoined our wonderfull Commonwealth which means that Britain is not this horrible country that some posters oft repeat and want to believe. There are also 54 other countries that are members of our Commonwealth, I guess they must enjoy it or they would leave, nobody is locking them in.

When posters have to bring the Empire into an angument, which happened about 300 years ago, it is not to enrich the debate, it is to bait other posters because they have very little to say. FYI, I had nothing to do with the battle at Rorke's Drift nor did I assist in the relief of mafeking. So in everybodies interest wouldn't it be appropiate to stop this nonsense of keep bringing up the British Empire, after all there are very few countries in Europe that were not themselves part of Empire building. And to finalise a lot of our european friends countries were far more brutal than GB ever was, but I cannot hold any poster on here responsible for it as they were not there.

• Like 2

On 2/3/2020 at 7:44 PM, Loiner said:

Remainer propaganda about 4 million euro migrants paying lots of tax is untrue, the more of them that leave the better

Nearly 4 million; a figure not even Cummings, Johnson, Rees-Mogg nor any other serious Leave politician has ever disputed. Maybe you know something they don't?

Farage may have disputed it; when he wasn't calculating his MEP expenses and pension.

On 2/3/2020 at 7:44 PM, Loiner said:

If the 1.2 million UK pensioners in EU countries can't afford health care, then they should return home and spend their pensions in the UK rather than effectively be an export.

Aren't exports good for us? Especially in the post Brexit paradise you and your lot have promised?

Yes, some of their care is currently paid for by the NHS; but not all.

I am a British citizen in my early 50s  Thailand for business reasons for a few years and I intend to return to live in UK in near future and far more enthusiastic about it future as an independent state ! Dare I say it's future is far better than this SE Asian country which is incapable of moving forward and suppresses freedom of expression and isn't a democracy!

Edited by pixelaoffy

2 minutes ago, pixelaoffy said:

I am a British citizen in my early 50s  Thailand for business reasons for a few years and I intend to return to live in UK in near future and far more enthusiastic about it future as an independent state ! Dare I say it's future is far better than this SE Asian country which is incapable of moving forward and suppresses freedom of expression and isn't a democracy!

Suppression of freedom of expression? That would fit England perfectly. Just try speaking out about rape gangs and Muslim violence. Go stand on the corner and criticize the royal monarchy. I'm sorry, but England is no position to criticize Thailand for suppressing freedom of expression.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

Both comments show that you have not read nor seen nor listened to any UK media ever. Whether it be right wing, centre or left wing; mainstream or otherwise. They all cover those topics and more.

Why do you think covering the topics means freedom of expression isn't suppressed?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Crazy Alex said:

Why do you think covering the topics means freedom of expression isn't suppressed?

Is English your first language?

If freedom of expression is suppressed, then the media, of all types and persuasions, would not be allowed by the state to cover those topics; they would be suppressed!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

Is English your first language?

If freedom of expression is suppressed, then the media, of all types and persuasions, would not be allowed by the state to cover those topics; they would be suppressed!

No. I reject your assertion as it is false. Let's suppose a man is arrested for speaking out against rape gangs and violence by a certain demographic. Are his free speech rights any less suppressed because the media was allowed to report on it?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Crazy Alex said:

No. I reject your assertion as it is false. Let's suppose a man is arrested for speaking out against rape gangs and violence by a certain demographic. Are his free speech rights any less suppressed because the media was allowed to report on it?

How many people in the UK have been arrested for speaking out against rape gangs and violence by a certain, or any other, demographic in the UK?

None.

Don't bring up the absurd Yaxley-Lennon. He was arrested for breaking reporting restrictions designed to prevent a mistrial. An event his actions could easily have caused.

Once the trial was over and the reporting restrictions lifted, the media reported all the facts; including the names and religion of the vile perpetrators.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, pixelaoffy said:
On 2/10/2020 at 3:19 PM, 7by7 said:

No, Cummings won, so it was lies from a winner.

funny! Think the loser is someone posting......   look in the mirror!

I make no secret of the fact that I supported remain, and still do. So yes, in that sense I'm a loser

But Cummings lied, and his lies got him the victory. A victory I am certain this country will come to regret. To misquote Rick to Ilsa: maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow; but in the future.

• Like 1

On 2/10/2020 at 10:21 PM, Crazy Alex said:

Suppression of freedom of expression? That would fit England perfectly. Just try speaking out about rape gangs and Muslim violence. Go stand on the corner and criticize the royal monarchy. I'm sorry, but England is no position to criticize Thailand for suppressing freedom of expression.

When having a pop at a country it helps to get the name right (& know the difference!)

Next month the European Commission is due to publish an individual report for each of the six Western Balkan candidate countries -- Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Montenegro, Northern Macedonia and Serbia.

good luck with those lame ducks

3 minutes ago, 3NUMBAS said:

Next month the European Commission is due to publish an individual report for each of the six Western Balkan candidate countries -- Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Montenegro, Northern Macedonia and Serbia.

good luck with those lame ducks

Just think about being now able to buy a beachfront land and house with 10.000 euros and after Albania joins the EU, being able to really keep the land and house. 

Sounds like great deals to be made by the Andaman sea.