Sovereignty comes first: Britain lays out tough stance for EU trade talks

webfact

9 minutes ago, vogie said:

No, it took three weeks of night and day work at Bletchley Park to come up with that encryption.

????

This uncoded....to be sure the message reach receiver  ????

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/feb/06/fishing-eu-countries-seek-tough-stance-on-access-to-uk-waters

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, vogie said:

I sure there will be some access to our fishing waters, the main difference is, it will be on our terms, not unreasonable surely.

Something you go agree in full independance to give in on all E.U. fishing access demands......again a face winning....for Boris ?...

I think E.U. would accept it, the Boris giving them what they demand ????????

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, evadgib said:

Boris torpedoed Blackford during PMQ's yesterday on this very issue.

Oh ! now Tusk is lobbying helping Scotlands indep. that will be solved then ????

And now sinfein is up in  polls ,looks a united Ireland in the waiting room 

So finally England can also have his independance....????????????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, david555 said:

Something you go agree in full independance to give in on all E.U. fishing access demands......again a face winning....for Boris ?...

I think E.U. would accept it, the Boris giving them what they demand ????????

Are you saying that I am saying that the UK will give the EU full fishing rights, if so, I am not saying that. I can only repeat that the UK will control who fishes in our waters, who, where and when.

Edited by vogie
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Jack100 said:

I get the impression that we have swopped enslavement by Brussels to being told what to do by Trump ! .

I think I would prefer option one at the old exchange rate !

He'll be gone in a lot less than the 47 years it took to rid ourselves of that lot.

image.jpeg.defa0c76c2682abe4f77fa1437b51699.jpeg

• Like 1

13 hours ago, evadgib said:

After todays revelations about the SNP the 'Silence of the Tams' on these boards is understandable lol.

I think every party seems to have an equivalent of this one inside    LOL...(tongue in cheek Mr evadgib..!)

Sir Edward Richard George Heath KG MBE (9 July 1916 – 17 July 2005), often known as Ted Heath, was a British politician who served as Prime Minister of the …

British police investigating allegations that Sir Edward Heath was a serial sex attacker of young boys say they would have brought him in for questioning—if he was still alive.

https://www.google.be/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=26&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwj1pv2my77nAhWfxTgGHR42CmMQFjAZegQIAhAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.thedailybeast.com%2Fthe-mysterious-case-of-the-pedophile-prime-minister-sir-edward-heath&usg=AOvVaw39FaVrXgiMHkfJEhk2hrHM

Edited by david555

16 hours ago, englishoak said:

Im not going to get into a huge debate on Tariffs but id just like to point out the following.....Tariffs have their uses and also benefits. Asia operates some of the very highest tariffs in the world on products in various sectors and it has been BOOMING as youve been quite rightly pointing out, much of this is due to one way excessive tariff impositions... thats why Trump is going after China after all etc. sure its a tax against those products its raised on and the exporting businesses, most hurt of all are big corporate like Ford or BMW or Wine, Glaxo etc etc... China is the obvious king of doing this has been imposing tariffs on most foreign product imports for decades now and operates possibly the most protectionist tariff system in the world... dosnt hurt their job sector much, on the contrary its helped massively and allowed their own copy versions to boom and create jobs and a local industry.. Thailand is notorious for it too, come on we all know tariffs can benefit an economy greatly when used in certain ways and for certain agendas.

I think we'll just agree to disagree on this one.

Thailand has high tariffs, but they are there to protect big corporate owners, who are in the main, very politically linked. No doubt China would be the same.

Yes, it creates the veneer of lots of jobs, particularly when things are going well, but when things are not, as they are now, you are basically getting companies asking and wanting for more hand outs from government - in the "national interest" of course.

A better pick up from overseas? Forget about it. Somchai can pay 30% more for his pick up truck which he would probably would have been able to invest in his family business if only he could - or just spend it at his neighbors shop. Instead, it goes to one or two of the richest families in Thailand. To me, that is unfair.

CP, Singha, the car companies etc, all rely on protectionism and there isn't too much trickle down here in Thailand. The poor are still poor after nearly a century of protectionism - and I still can't get a decent wine or beer here without paying through the nose.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, david555 said:

I think every party seems to have an equivalent of this one inside    LOL...(tongue in cheek Mr evadgib..!)

Sir Edward Richard George Heath KG MBE (9 July 1916 – 17 July 2005), often known as Ted Heath, was a British politician who served as Prime Minister of the …

British police investigating allegations that Sir Edward Heath was a serial sex attacker of young boys say they would have brought him in for questioning—if he was still alive.

https://www.google.be/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=26&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwj1pv2my77nAhWfxTgGHR42CmMQFjAZegQIAhAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.thedailybeast.com%2Fthe-mysterious-case-of-the-pedophile-prime-minister-sir-edward-heath&usg=AOvVaw39FaVrXgiMHkfJEhk2hrHM

When you get some up-to-date news please let us know.

5 hours ago, samran said:

I think we'll just agree to disagree on this one.

Thailand has high tariffs, but they are there to protect big corporate owners, who are in the main, very politically linked. No doubt China would be the same.

Yes, it creates the veneer of lots of jobs, particularly when things are going well, but when things are not, as they are now, you are basically getting companies asking and wanting for more hand outs from government - in the "national interest" of course.

A better pick up from overseas? Forget about it. Somchai can pay 30% more for his pick up truck which he would probably would have been able to invest in his family business if only he could - or just spend it at his neighbors shop. Instead, it goes to one or two of the richest families in Thailand. To me, that is unfair.

CP, Singha, the car companies etc, all rely on protectionism and there isn't too much trickle down here in Thailand. The poor are still poor after nearly a century of protectionism - and I still can't get a decent wine or beer here without paying through the nose.

Im not pro or against  tariffs perse just pointing out there are benefits or penalties and those that win and those that dont from iit. Big business dominates both global and domestic markets, CP are bothered about the likes of wallmart etc choose your master foreign or domestic .  Looks to me like we are agreeing on one point, either way the little guy gets screwed and that not good. 

Have a great weekend 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, englishoak said:

Im not pro or against  tariffs perse just pointing out there are benefits or penalties and those that win and those that dont from iit. Big business dominates both global and domestic markets, CP are bothered about the likes of wallmart etc choose your master foreign or domestic .  Looks to me like we are agreeing on one point, either way the little guy gets screwed and that not good. 

Have a great weekend 

being pro or against tariffs as such sounds low level English and weird in my ears

I really dislike the way you guy use the term tariff, it hides the original semantics of the term

Have a great weekend

4 hours ago, melvinmelvin said:

being pro or against tariffs as such sounds low level English and weird in my ears

I really dislike the way you guy use the term tariff, it hides the original semantics of the term

Have a great weekend

Gosh! Is it that late?

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, nauseus said:

When you get some up-to-date news please let us know.

just a reply about the smeer about the Scottish minister .....i understand very good you dont like the rememberance.....as  then it was a conservative....????

• Like 1

8 hours ago, david555 said:

just a reply about the smeer about the Scottish minister .....i understand very good you dont like the rememberance.....as  then it was a conservative....????

It's just very old (not even) news. It's olds. Heath was a deviant in all ways  - never liked him,

• Like 1

On 2/7/2020 at 12:24 PM, david555 said:

Yes and that nonce is the reason why the UK is in the EU with his lies and you keep promoting it. Guilty by association.????

Renounce Heath and you can be cleansed. The man was an absolute evil bar steward of the highest order.

Edited by Laughing Gravy
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Fired. Sadly Like Alex Salmonds they just dissapear into the mist. both should be locked up as the Nonce's they are.

What are you talking about? One has not, to the best of my knowledge, committed an offence. The other is awaiting trial for alleged offences. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Yes and that nonce is the reason why the UK is in the EU with his lies and you keep promoting it. Guilty by association.????

Renounce Heath and you can be cleansed. The man was an absolute evil bar steward of the highest order.

So by association to the torys you are also backin them ....my point was only pot kettle even when old story......but it was so temptfull to make it ageneralising to the Scotts .....dont think a moment they stay in your inion as it is today ..

I wonder if Tusk has maybe a very isolated office now in that Brussels building as head of a ( secret Task force.. to find a way for a quick membership to E.U..in case.... i would not be surprised..????????

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, david555 said:

So by association to the torys you are also backin them ....my point was only pot kettle even when old story......but it was so temptfull to make it ageneralising to the Scotts .....dont think a moment they stay in your inion as it is today ..

I wonder if Tusk has maybe a very isolated office now in that Brussels building as head of a ( secret Task force.. to find a way for a quick membership to E.U..in case.... i would not be surprised..????????

If you actually had a point, I must have missed it. Rumour is that Tusk has taken a new role as chief advisor to the new EU cake-topping scheme.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Loiner said:

Protectionism keeps Thais in jobs, rather than some ocker in the outback.

Well I’m half thai, speak the language and I know a heck of a lot more about the Thai economy than you. 

But happy to see you are sticking up for multi billionaire oligopolists with a straight face. They certainly rely on people like yourselves to mindlessly regurgitate the party line.

I guess you’ve missed the reports about Thailand being one of the most unequal economies in the world?

https://www.bangkokpost.com/business/1588786/report-thailand-most-unequal-country-in-2018

Now that you know this I’m sure you’ll keep it to use against me when your cultural superiority complex gets the better of you, which is often. 

Edited by samran
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Loiner said:

...it goes to one or two of the richest families in Thailand...and I still can't get a decent wine or beer here... Ah ah, now we are getting the drift. ...To me, that is unfair... You are jealous that rich Thais can afford the tariffed luxury imports, but you can't even afford imported booze. That's boganomics for you. 

Ah, no, but there you go with your assumptions. You really do have your head up your @rse don’t you?

Oh yes, and mixing up my quotes deliberately to suit your needs. Not very clever and reportable...

While I can afford the imported booze just fine, that’s not what I’m talking about.

Have a look at the rules around the independent production of alcohol for small scale producers. The rules are so punitive they effectively are killing new industries like craft beer producers in favour of the big players. You see this time and again across the Thai economy.

But off you go with your little attempts of trying to be smart. They are hilarious. 

Edited by samran
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, david555 said:

What are you on about. You smoking kippers again. This maybe difficult but read my posts. I am not responding to unresponsive nonsense.

2 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

What are you talking about? One has not, to the best of my knowledge, committed an offence. The other is awaiting trial for alleged offences. 

Police are gathering evidence but if you think texting a 16 year old boy 270 times is not committing an offence then I am dissapointed. If the man is innocent he should not resign. But he has very quickly. Are you trying to defend him?

Why would he do this.

“I take full responsibility for my actions,” Mr Mackay said. “I have behaved foolishly and I am truly sorry. I apologise unreservedly to the individual involved and his family.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/scottish-finance-secretary-derek-mackay-quits-after-texting-schoolboy-16-vn562dprl

4 hours ago, samran said:

Well I’m half thai, speak the language and I know a heck of a lot more about the Thai economy than you. 

But happy to see you are sticking up for multi billionaire oligopolists with a straight face. They certainly rely on people like yourselves to mindlessly regurgitate the party line.

I guess you’ve missed the reports about Thailand being one of the most unequal economies in the world?

https://www.bangkokpost.com/business/1588786/report-thailand-most-unequal-country-in-2018

So this would explain your balanced anti-British vitrol. You've got a chip on both shoulders!!

Before you spit anymore venom in your Aussie lefty / Thai class war, just wake up to the facts: Protectionism and tariffs keep many millions of Thais in jobs. You may not like it that Thai big business makes big bucks, but that's how it is.

• Like 2