Thai soldier kills 'many' in shooting rampage

rooster59

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Brewster67 said:

Wife's cousin has now been freed by special forces after a 7 hour ordeal she will likely be haunted by for the rest of her days.

Up to now the death tally is 21, you really have to gasp at the irony it happened in a shopping mall called 'Terminal 21'.

RIP.

Is you wife safely out yet?

5 minutes ago, Brewster67 said:

Wife's cousin has now been freed by special forces after a 7 hour ordeal she will likely be haunted by for the rest of her days.

Up to now the death tally is 21, you really have to gasp at the irony it happened in a shopping mall called 'Terminal 21'.

RIP.

Great news mate about the wife's cousin. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Brewster67 said:

Wife's cousin has now been freed by special forces after a 7 hour ordeal she will likely be haunted by for the rest of her days

Similar to my gf's friend who works at T21. She and a group of other shop workers/shoppers were firstly holed up in a stairwell and then in some sort of store room on F1. They were rescued aound 10.30pm.

Feel so sorry for the family of my gf's nephew's friend. He was shot dead in the Hua Talay area of Korat in the afternoon before the gunman reached T21. He was just a 14 year old kid on his way home from some Saturday activity at his school in Korat centre. I don't know any further details but I wish Thai TV would change their policy of showing dead bodies on reports.  GF's nephew saw photos of his mate with a gunshot to the head on TV so its a good guess that the lad's family also had to endure the same.

Edited by KhaoYai
  • Sad 3

4 hours ago, ThaiPauly said:

This is the worst news I have read in Thailand in many many years

Awful just awful.

What would a good outcome be with so many poor souls dead,

I hope there are no kiddies as casualties

15 shot dead in attack in south not too long ago.

3 killed 4 injured last month in gold store robbery.

same day as gold store robbery, 1 dead, 11 hurt in teenage gang fight in buriram.

3 minutes ago, ta158 said:

video of a thai man shouting and swearing back and forth with gunman.

That's so old...

Isn't there any news, i haven't seen/heard much since the hanuman boys went in....only that the basement is clear now.

12 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

Similar to my gf's friend who works at T21. At first she and a group of other shop workers/shoppers were firstly holed up in a stairwell and then in some sort of store room on F1. They were rescued aound 10.30pm.

Feel so sorry for the family of my gf's nephew's friend. He was shot dead in the Hua Talay area of Korat in the afternoon before the gunman reached T21. He was just a 14 year old kid on his way home from some Saturday activity at his school in Korat centre. I don't know any further details but I wish Thai TV would change their policy of showing dead bodies on reports.  GF's nephew saw photos of his mate with a gunshot to the head on TV so its a good guess that the lad's family also had to endure the same.

I guess it was the poor boy on the motorcycle. RIP. This is so sad.

I hope they get that animal alive.

Edited by tgw
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Thian said:

That's so old...

Isn't there any news, i haven't seen/heard much since the hanuman boys went in....only that the basement is clear now.

ah, latest i saw was what i think you wrote, i saw bunch of people running out with soldiers

23 minutes ago, Thian said:

That doesn't look like hanuman elite forces...they don't have any equipment except a gun..not even helmets or masks.

Because it's not? Photo taken by reuters reporter on the scene. He doesn't claim they are hanuman forces.

Edited by Roy Baht

13 minutes ago, expatinbangkok said:

Thairath stopped live streaming. Last thing they said was he's still in the mall and special forces are 'about to go in', like they were three hours ago after clearing the ground floor. He's on a different floor. 

channel 27 still streaming but I think while there is still hostages it is too difficult to stop this unhuman awful thing ! 

Edited by thooktong
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, geriatrickid said:

Another  investment dispute involving members of the military. Says so much about the root causes of problems in Thailand.

Sadly, I have read that hospitals have refused blood donations from non Thais. Please someone tell me this is not true. I hope it's not true, otherwise the Thais have some even larger problems to address.

I seriously hope that's not true but this is Thailand so I'm not going to assume it isn't true.

45 minutes ago, geriatrickid said:

Sadly, I have read that hospitals have refused blood donations from non Thais.

I would say this is nothing more than malicious rumor mongering which would be good not to repeat.

I am not a medical person as far as I know there is no ethnic classification in blood types. Mine is good as yours as good as a Thais if types otherwise match. Ok, corona virus might add hoops for the donor to get through but why farang?

And there is nothing at all in this whole sad affair that is farang-related per se so let's not try to insert ourselves into it.

• Like 1

If his adrenaline is worn off, which it almost certainly will have long gone as adrenalin is only supplied by the body for brief amounts of time, I am assuming he is now feeling drained..

The word is they know his exact location, so it is a case now for special forces equipped with night vision to get poised to take him down, and with a click of the electricity all the lights go off and they have him at a total disadvantage.

This would probably already been done or at least the strategy for western forces.

Lights out, a few flash bangs and then go in shooting while he is totally disorientated. 

Edited by Brewster67

10 minutes ago, Why Me said:

I would say this is nothing more than malicious rumor mongering which would be good not to repeat.

I am not a medical person as far as I know there is no ethnic classification in blood types. Mine is good as yours as good as a Thais if types otherwise match. Ok, corona virus might add hoops for the donor to get through but why farang?

And there is nothing at all in this whole sad affair that is farang-related per se so let's not try to insert ourselves into it.

Well, it would be a very sad thing to be sure. But hang on a mo'... is anyone going to say they'd be surprised if it was true? This has nothing to do with foreigners even if true. It has to do with Thais, and Thais only.

Lets hope it's just (as you suggest) a malicious rumour. But it's eloquence itself that this 'vicious rumour' is given head-room at all.