‘10,000 Thai tour guides out of jobs’

snoop1130

I normally flight visit home country April /May but not booking as never know how this go evolve , as flight money can be postponed , but my studio booking almost not ….. just suppose  they could  make rule in Europe or U.K. all must go quarantine from China or East Asia …… money spend for nothing .

As in beginning a Sky news Video link with American in China virus city , told U.SA gov. contact expected the top of contagion in April ….. and it looks it is going that way

Edited by david555
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ukrules said:

So tragic, maybe the Europeans will come back one day if they make it possible to get a visa without spending half the day on a crappy website.

and have a holiday with clean air.

12 hours ago, CNXexpat said:

I guess you don´t know that tour guides have to show their knowledge at a test and the license costs approx. 40,000 Baht. 

But hey, they can find a job in restaurants, markets, massages, hotels - oh wait, they have problems too (numbers for Chiang Mai):

- Hotel bookings down 50-80%
- Elephant camp bookings down 50-80%
- Car rental business down 50%
- Money exchanges down 40%
- Clothes sales down as much as 90% (they may mean markets)
- Van operators and tour guide services down 70-80%
- Massage parlors down 80-90%

Test????? If that's so, how come none of the Thai guides on the tours I went on were much use? Most couldn't even speak English properly. I could have done a better job.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PatOngo said:

They can always revert to that age old mass employer...……....watching rice grow!

And so the Thai girls become slim again by ..

"real working"... vertical....????

Edited by david555

35 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Test????? If that's so, how come none of the Thai guides on the tours I went on were much use? Most couldn't even speak English properly. I could have done a better job.

Cheap tours , cheap guides and maybe not even licensed.

I have 6 perfect English speaking guides with a license working for me freelance at a cost of 1,500.- THB per guide per day.

Edited by terminatorchiangmai

8 minutes ago, terminatorchiangmai said:

Cheap tours , cheap guides and maybe not even licensed.

I have 6 perfect English speaking guides with a license working for me freelance at a cost of 1,500.- THB per guide per day.

How's business for you? A tour guide I know in Chiang Mai ( multi-lingual ) says all of his work is in Vietnam, nothing in Thailand.

19 minutes ago, terminatorchiangmai said:

Business is down 30 % and i not even have Chinese clients.

Much like I am hearing for other businesses. Some restaurants are closing for lunch to save on overheads. Visa agents are in the same boat.

2 hours ago, Deli said:

This happens when focusing on 1 market only and at the same time driving out all the others.

Definitely not the sharpest tools in command.

Not helped by the fact that 90% of the minsters and 90% of the senior beaurocrats have little to zero knowledg, experience, insight or capability in the subject areas where they are assigned.

And even worse they're only interested in one thing; their turn at the trough, their %, showing off their expensive cars to their buddies, etc. 

• Like 2