Global warming causing 'irreversible' mass melting in Antarctica - scientist

snoop1130

2 hours ago, userabcd said:

Why not just treat the root cause which is humans and legislate for restricting future births to, for example, 1 per family.

It appears most humans serve no useful purpose on earth other than to exist, work, consume, pollute and feel entitled to have, own and do as they want.

I agree and then after all that they accuse you of stealing their children's future. When do I get a chance to live?

Edited by Cryingdick

2 hours ago, userabcd said:

Why not just treat the root cause which is humans and legislate for restricting future births to, for example, 1 per family.

It appears most humans serve no useful purpose on earth other than to exist, work, consume, pollute and feel entitled to have, own and do as they want.

Yup, but it ain't PC to state that. Some are trying: https://populationmatters.org/ .

The biggest threat comes from Africa, developed nations are showing negative population growth (a very good thing, except for politicians that need the voters that can be bribed with handouts).

pop%20growth%20conti%20sq%20no%20logo-14

Edited by DrTuner
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Yup, but it ain't PC to state that. Some are trying: https://populationmatters.org/ .

The biggest threat comes from Africa, developed nations are showing negative population growth (a very good thing, except for politicians that need the voters that can be bribed with handouts).

pop%20growth%20conti%20sq%20no%20logo-14

Only one small problem with your diagnosis. How much in resources does the average African consume vs. the average, say, American? Or to put it another way, how many Africans would it take to equal the total consumption of one average American?

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

11 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Actually, if any group is standing in the way of population shrinkage it's the extreme right which consistently opposes family planning. In the US the Trump adminstration has cut off support for Planned Parenthood on the one hand, but increased support for abstinence counseling. It has also reduced support for family planning programs abroad.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, bristolboy said:

Some people, including James Lovelock, seemed determined to remain invincibly ignorant about the huge strides that renewables including solar and wind have made. Already, they've made coal uneconomical and are now taking business away from the natural gas sector as well. As for nuclear, it's far too expensive to have even the slightest chance of competing successfuly against the tumbling prices in the renewables sector.

I guess the French must be really ignorant then, given much of their electricity is generated by nuclear.

The tide is turning against electric cars in NZ. Their range is just too limited for them to be a serious contender.

Also, electricity companies putting up power prices is making them as expensive to run as petrol cars.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

“Entomologist Dr. Ovid Byron speaking to television journalist, Tina, who says, re: global warming, "Scientists of course are in disagreement about whether this is happening and whether humans have a role."
He replies:
"The Arctic is genuinely collapsing. Scientists used to call these things the canary in the mine. What they say now is, The canary is dead. We are at the top of Niagara Falls, Tina, in a canoe. There is an image for your viewers. We got here by drifting, but we cannot turn around for a lazy paddle back when you finally stop pissing around. We have arrived at the point of an audible roar. Does it strike you as a good time to debate the existence of the falls?”

Barbara Kingsolver, Flight Behavior

Tina should have reached for the insecticide and become the instant heroine of this novel with a topical theme, first published some eight years ago as I recall.

Dr. Byron's rant parodies perfectly the kind of emotional nonsense which passes for rational argument among members of the climate apocalypse cult.

Thanks for the giggle.

Edited by Krataiboy
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, DrTuner said:

Same thing with the Siberian tundra. Yes, that methane getting into the atmosphere could be a real problem. Right now the largest source of it are farting farm animals.

If we were clever, we'd capture it and burn as natural gas. Fairly good fuel.

Animal methane does not come from farting, it comes from belching.

If it was possible to capture the methane and burn it the greenies would complaIn that it's adding to G W. Meanwhile natural gas is the fuel of choice in Europe. It's all contributing to heating. 

The biggest heat trap in the atmosphere by far is water vapour, but we won't hear much about that from government as can't tax it.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Krataiboy said:

Tina should have reached for the insecticide and become the instant heroine of this novel with a topical theme, first published some eight years ago as I recall.

Dr. Byron's irrational rant parodies perfectly the kind of emotional nonsense which passes for rational arguement among members of the climate apocalypse cult.

Thanks for the giggle.

You are massively unknowledgeable about what is going on in the Arctic:

Arctic permafrost is thawing fast. That affects us all.

As the frozen ground warms much faster than expected, it’s reshaping the landscape—and releasing carbon gases that fuel global warming.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/environment/2019/08/arctic-permafrost-is-thawing-it-could-speed-up-climate-change-feature/

Warming Arctic permafrost releasing large amounts of potent greenhouse gas

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2019/04/190415090848.htm

Edited by bristolboy
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Krataiboy said:

Dr. Byron's rant parodies perfectly the kind of emotional nonsense which passes for rational argument among members of the climate apocalypse cult.

Thanks for the giggle.

I wish i found the blind refusal to accept reality exhibited by deniers of man made climate change equally humourous, but it's just too sad to do so.

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

The biggest heat trap in the atmosphere by far is water vapour, but we won't hear much about that from government as can't tax it.

But what you don't seem to understand is that water vapour-precipitation cycle is a feedback effect. Whereas CO2, methane and other anthropogenic greenhouses create a forcing effect. The day it starts raining dry ice as part of a CO2 cycle, you'll have a point. Until then, not so much.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

You are massively ignorant of what is going on in the Arctic:

Arctic permafrost is thawing fast. That affects us all.

As the frozen ground warms much faster than expected, it’s reshaping the landscape—and releasing carbon gases that fuel global warming.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/environment/2019/08/arctic-permafrost-is-thawing-it-could-speed-up-climate-change-feature/

Warming Arctic permafrost releasing large amounts of potent greenhouse gas

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2019/04/190415090848.htm

Like Bluespunk, you appear to be confusing the subject of this Forum debate - the Antarctic - with another other lump of ice at the opposite side of the globe.

So much for MY "massive ignorance".

Edited by Krataiboy
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Krataiboy said:

Like Bluespunk, you appear to be confusing the subject of this Forum debate - the Antarctic - with another other lump of ice at the opposite side of the globe.

Well, so was thaibeachlover to whom I was replying. Do you have a problem with him going astray?

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Krataiboy said:

I'm not confusing anything.

My posts have been aimed at those who deny the reality of man made climate change.

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Man made climate change is a world wide issue, something the deniers like to deflect from, such as by making claims about other posters that are completely untrue..

I notice that most deniers are also Trump supporters. Not sure that they are bonafide deniers or they just love Trump more and succumbing to his imbecility 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Man made climate change is a world wide issue, something the deniers like to deflect from, such as by making claims about other posters that are completely untrue..

it really is only western world that is pissing away money on it,

i would say it benefit the rest of the world:

1: it makes western world less competitive, and

2: some  organizations are pushing for the idea that the west should

pay money to various nations as a form of redemption for "co2 sins".

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, brokenbone said:

it really is only western world that is pissing away money on it,

i would say it benefit the rest of the world:

1: it makes western world less competitive, and

2: some  organizations are pushing for the idea that the west should

pay money to various nations as a form of redemption for "co2 sins".

Couldn't care less about financial cost or who foots the bill.

Tax me, put extra costs on goods and services, force change, really don't care how it is financed, as long as action is taken.

Man made climate change is a real threat to our species..

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

I notice that most deniers are also Trump supporters. Not sure that they are bonafide deniers or they just love Trump more and succumbing to his imbecility 

It was inevitable that Trump entered the conversation. Useful NPC's who parrot globalist narratives are  required by law to mention Trump at least 50 times a day.

• Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

The deflection comes not from deniers and sceptics, but from pro-climate change scientists who hide behind a specious "settled science" claim and refuse all invitations publicly to debate the key issues.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Krataiboy said:

The deflection comes not from deniers and sceptics, but from pro-climate change scientists who hide behind a specious "settled science" claim and refuse all invitations publicly to debate the key issues.

Yeah, sure it does...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, brokenbone said:

temperature increase has to date been beneficial to biomass and biodiversity,

and there is no logic behind the reasoning that it all of a sudden would be negative,

so either you are disconnected from logic, or you are displaying wishful thinking,

or its just plain propaganda, but, whomever you are hoping to believe you

would need  to be a historical illiterate

https://www.cigionline.org/articles/ipcc-report-will-have-profound-effects-climate-governance?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIu8_u8e_f5wIVUkHTCh0kqgmoEAAYASAAEgIq3_D_BwE

• Like 1