What would you do if you get the virus?

ChipButty

All joking apart I hope none of you guys get but in the event you do,

Would you get yourself off to the hospital or self isolate?

There's got to be some people who cant afford the hospital bills what would they do?

• Haha 1

How would you know if you had it? I’m sure you’d be going to the hospital if you’re showing symptoms to see if you have it, I doubt they’d let you go if you test positive.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Denim said:

It effects different people in different ways. For the lucky ones their immune system can cope and it's not so bad. For the frail and weak it can be a death sentence. How you react would depend on how badly you were effected. Having seen the nearest government hospital , i would try the self isolation first. 

Maybe, but it's not all the frail and weak. There have been recent stories about a group you'd presume are frail and weak to be under-represented the statistics - children

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

one thing everybody can do now is have just a few things around the house so you do not have to going looking for it while you are sick. 

here is a example of what you need:

Good idea be prepared as they say

• Like 1

Straight to a private hospital so that I could get some joy from paying the money that I pay for private cover, that and the hope that the hospital staff can make me good again, and the insurer pay up.

Image result for push back gif

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chivas said:

Visitors to Pattaya really need to know my experience but also many others told the very same story

I came to Pattaya for a month and started coughing from day 1....this is towards end of January and Corona wasn't "quite" so big in the news then as now but everyone was aware of it nonetheless. I didnt panic not my style at all but thought keep an eye on it obviously.

Didnt stop for the entire month (except for a 5 day side trip to Manila) which should have sent warning bells off and got to on the plane and within 30 minutes flying home to UK the cough had gone....period

Since then have been reading multiple reports of the same experiences all putting it all down to the filthy air pollution of Pattaya and Bangkok

To the OP what would you do....well I for one wasn't turning up at some Thai hospital insured or otherwise (I was) saying hey I'm concerned I've contracted Corona because quite simply you wouldn't have been leaving that hospital anytime soon !

My wife has just come back from BKK the pollution is terrible it's huge difference to were we live as we are surrounded by the ocean 

16 minutes ago, ThaiBunny said:

Maybe, but it's not all the frail and weak. There have been recent stories about a group you'd presume are frail and weak to be under-represented the statistics - children

Can you reference statistics about incidence of Corvid-19 in children?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Straight to a private hospital so that I could get some joy from paying the money that I pay for private cover, that and the hope that the hospital staff can make me good again, and the insurer pay up.

Image result for push back gif

ICU at Bangkok Pattaya has some very tidy eye candy... Am glad my health insurance paid the bills !!

• Like 1

Just now, Lacessit said:

I admire the dedication of a man who can get a stiffy in extremis.

to be be fair though once rigor and his mate show up my care factor would be very low, most likely below zero.

• Haha 1

Just now, ThaiBunny said:

It's the origin of the phrase "well hung" - I thought everyone knew that

That only happens with a noose around your neck. If I recall correctly, David Carradine of Kung <deleted> fame went out that way.

5 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

That only happens with a noose around your neck. If I recall correctly, David Carradine of Kung <deleted> fame went out that way.

Well, that's my chuckle for the day. TV's rude word checker jumped to the wrong conclusion.

• Haha 2

Personally my action/reaction to anything that indicates a viral infection is to treat symptoms such as fever  with Tylenol, rest, drink plenty of  fluids, eat small meals with high vit C value and avoid the  community in general. If symptoms progressed to demonstrate increasing lung distress I would present to my local hospital for  appropriate assessment.

I have already suffered a bout  of influenza this year and the  symptoms of that I would say mimic the  reported symptoms of Corvid-19 once apparent. Even if I were  to start to suffer the same now as  before I would not assume it was  Corvid-19 and automatically rush to a hospital where exposure to all variants of community disease are hovering in wait.

• Like 1