How much corona test?

jaffas21

If you are a non Thai citizen and needed a test how much would it cost do you think? Injections, blood tests, 14 days of isolation if your positive.

Just wondered as no one seems to have posted on the topic? It hasn't currently spread to the Europeans here, but I presume it wouldn't be free

has anyone inquired yet?

oh well... just make like you are going to cough over them if they don't attend to you! 

and they'd probably anyhow be too scared to take cash from your 'infected' hands...

what if you fly back and have a SIMPLE cold and off course you have some FEVER as this is how the body actually fight a VIRUS !

but off course most people don't know this simple fact and anything above 38 and they start popping tylenol, which stops your liver from working correctly. -> cannot detox the by-products of virus xyz...

• Haha 1

I saw the prices in Japan today; it is about 15000 yen (or 5000 baht). If you have insurance as most do it costs 30% of the cost ie 4500 yen (about 1500 baht).

Patients often require multiple tests....so to confirm the disease and to confirm you have cleared it when you are discharged.

But I would imagine that for foreigners to biggest bill will be for 14 plus days of accommodation on top of any treatment you receive. 

A test in Tokyo would cost me 1,500 yen.  I am guessing that in Japan any outpatient clinic could send it on to a lab or large hospital  Although transportation of the samples from the Diamond Princess seemed to be a big problem.  Being over 70 in Japan confers a huge advantage .  My co-pay is 10% but cannot exceed 8,000 yen per month.  Too bad that it's such a wet and humid place to live where you can expect rain at least twice a week.

Edited by DogNo1
spelling error

1 hour ago, chilli42 said:

I did the Corona test last Friday and Saturday.  I have no recall of what it cost but left me with a massive headache by Sunday morning

A Corona tester...you'd need a work permit?

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

A friend of mine was charged 15k for a coronavirus test at a private hospital in Hua Hin. 

This was about a month ago. He'd recently returned from China (he's Chinese) and got a test as a precaution. 

The test came back negative but yes, 15k it cost him.

so what, it's a private hospital and they can charge what they want - up to you if you're dumb enough to pay it..

3 hours ago, chilli42 said:

I did the Corona test last Friday and Saturday.  I have no recall of what it cost but left me with a massive headache by Sunday morning

What specimen was taken for the test?

13 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

A friend of mine was charged 15k for a coronavirus test at a private hospital in Hua Hin. 

This was about a month ago. He'd recently returned from China (he's Chinese) and got a test as a precaution. 

The test came back negative but yes, 15k it cost him.

He was overcharged. But hey, capitalism, whatever the market will bear.

Edited by wwest5829

5 hours ago, chilli42 said:

Do you get any bells ringing in your ears? if so the cost could have been extortionate.????:drunk::drunk:

12 hours ago, legend49 said:

In USA its free testing, but thats a long walk.

Nothing is free in the US, especially medical care.

I have also read about covid-19 test costing US$3,200 -after insurance co-pay, but the individual was just paranoid and not in a high-risk group.

23 hours ago, PPMMUU said:

should be free of charge if you met the criteria

Not necessarily, but that may have changed.

My niece is an intern at a government hospital in BKK and mid Jan they had a Chinese patient referred from outpatients with a suspected case of the virus. He refused the test, said he couldn't afford it and left.

My niece was involved as she did her degree at Sun Yat Sen and speaks Chinese. One can only assume he would have tested negative, at that point in time there was little being done regarding precautions and no staff have become ill.