Video: Three kids on a bike going through a red light in north east Thailand

webfact

Always makes me laugh at the police road blocks, they get stopped for whatever pay the fine and then allowed to carry on as the same, the bike or car should be confiscated at that point until you produce the relevant documents, give them one week or it gets crushed, I know it's not going to happen

18 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

I may have mentioned this before, but three years ago the Wife passed her car test. THREE days later I am driving and stop at a crossing outside Bangkok Hospital in Hua Hin as the light was red. You guessed it.........She asked why I stopped, I told her red light means stop. "No", She said, "You only have to stop if someone is crossing" 

She insists to this day she is correct, and Farang not know everything. I guess driving cars, and motorbikes for 47 years just isn't enough experience......

I remember, several people have already died at that crossing place.

I mention in another topic, I get more and more the feeling that 'some' Thai missing a gen in there brains.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

I may have mentioned this before, but three years ago the Wife passed her car test. THREE days later I am driving and stop at a crossing outside Bangkok Hospital in Hua Hin as the light was red. You guessed it.........She asked why I stopped, I told her red light means stop. "No", She said, "You only have to stop if someone is crossing" 

She insists to this day she is correct, and Farang not know everything. I guess driving cars, and motorbikes for 47 years just isn't enough experience......

A left-hand turn is normally ok in Thailand.

26 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

A left-hand turn is normally ok in Thailand.

Correct Vacuum, if it is a road junction, and more places now are putting the blue "proceed left if safe" sign up. however my friend, what I am referring to is a pedestrian crossing going across 4 lanes of traffic outside a hospital, no turns.....:thumbsup:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/2/2020 at 10:23 PM, steve73 said:

It's not clear how long the light had been red for the kids going straight on (who were clearly in the wrong), but it looks as if the light had only just turned green for the guy turning right, and he was away a bit quickly - clearly without checking for anyone jumping their red.  He is partly responsible.

A green light should only ever be considered as a "proceed with caution" especially here in Thailand.

It looks as if the lone cycle rider hadnt been there the 3 would have gone right into cross traffic filled with cars and probably suffered greater injury, especially at the speed they were going.