Trump suspends all travel from Europe to the United States to fight coronavirus

webfact

9 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

China testing 200,000 people a day, South Korea testing 15,000 people a day and the most aggressive & comprehensive effort in the USA is testing "barely" 5,000 people a day..... because no available test kits ..... but at the beginning of this mess, Trump did say they had millions in inventory

Nearly 2 months to plan - gross dereliction in the duty of the Office of The President to protect and serve. Time for GOP to pull the plug and leave the Trump family takeover swinging in the wind. History will record him as the worst President in US history by far. 

https://www.breitbart.com/sports/2020/03/11/report-nebraska-coach-hospitalized-after-appearing-extremely-ill-team-quarantined/

Edited by URMySunshine
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, webfact said:

took the dramatic step in a somber Oval Office speech as he battles to address the health and economic shocks to Americans

why did mixed the "tremendous" economy is doing "fantastic" comment on an announcement about travel restrictions... he didn't look well at all and indeed he tried to put up the "compassion" face/attitude

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

Speech written by StevenMiller as reported by the media. Sniping at Europe for failing to stop travel from China and taking about his marvelous 3 years of QE boost to the economy are all in order. Wonder what will his speech like without the script and will he still be shaking hands. 

Agreed. I do give him credit for reading the speech without adding his usual ad libs which ...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, amykat said:

I would flip your paragraph around ....many Trump supporters are about hate and rage ...many folks cheering to support Trump as the President are haters (of many various things ....make list here)  and are actively acting against the interests of the country.

That makes more sense!  You’re welcome ????.

Scholars who study modern disinformation tactics have identified this approach as “censorship through noise.” (Steve Bannon, the former White House strategist, has described the strategy in blunter terms: “Flood the zone with <deleted>.”)

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

US futures down over 1,000.

I am going to be buying today.

It may go lower, but come back in 2 years and see how much it will have gone up.

Good luck to all investors.

This might be good for long term investors, but for people retiring this year it is a disaster. 

VP Pence was just on Fox News and he said this:  The main reason for the European Continent Travel ban is the fact that Italy went from 500 cases to over 10,000 in less than a week.  Wow!

Also, since the EU is pretty much without borders I kind of understand the reason for this.  Many will disagree with it.  Like him or  hate him(know many on TVF do) at least he made dramatic or in some minds a drastic decision.  

We will see what the consequences will be.  It appears Wall Street was not impressed.  My portfolio is hurting.   

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:
9 hours ago, spiekerjozef said:

Love the US healthcare system, 1600 dollars for a corona virus test.

You are so <deleted> ! 555

Supposedly, the U.S. insurance industry told Trump the other day that they would waive co-pays/deductibles at least for CV testing for Americans with health insurance. But I haven't heard peepers about what's supposed to happen for the many Americans who, thanks to Trump, DON'T have any health insurance whatsoever.

I wonder how much Tom Hanks and his missus paid for their fast-tracked tests in Australia?

• Confused 1

But just the other day after absolutely confirming he spent hours and hours on Airforce One with a carrier the President (the leader of the most powerful nation on the planet) saw no need to be tested for the virus .... cause he said he felt okay!?!? How many others on the plane were tested? My guess is f... all.

Also The D made comments about how the world economies will somehow negate Covid19. "good things are happening, going to happen, the consumer bla bal bla...." (paraphrase). What a load of complete delusional incoherent dribble !

All you Yanks ou there in TV land; Folks you really have a corker of a President and a corker of a Nation. About as inspiring and edifying as the Australian government. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Haha 1

This is not a nice virus for those who are old and have health problems, ie it will possibly/likely kill them.

Just reading through most of the posts it seems that that many have no feelings for that section of those affected. It seems to be a platform for 'let's win political points and try to show how clever I am on what should be done' or I see it as a good way to invest in whatever and I'll be richer than you at the end.

This virus might mutate and change the age bracket it affects most.

Just imagine if it 'decides' and viruse do, to start killing people regardless of age or weath or how big your investments are.

Who cares what a president did 8 years ago, right or wrong, this is now.

Edited by overherebc
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, overherebc said:

This is not a nice virus for those who are old and have health problems, ie it will possibly/likely kill them.

Just reading through most of the posts it seems that that many have no feelings for that section of those affected. It seems to be a platform for 'let's win political points and try to show how clever I am on what should be done' or I see it as a good way to invest in whatever and I'll be richer than you at the end.

This virus might mutate and change the age bracket it affects most.

Just imagine if it 'decides' and viruse do, to start killing people regardless of age or weath or how big your investments are.

Who cares what a president did 8 years ago, right or wrong, this is now.

No need to worry this guy's got it covered. 

10 hours ago, spiekerjozef said:

No they will never understand it.

"Why should I pay for someone else's hospital bills? " (Redneck accent)

Bett you a lot of Americans stay away from the mirror these days.

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

well thats a difference in price in just a few minutes.

Whats your point by the way? 

They are free in NY. You germans are getting ripped off.

Oh....just give it a rest.

• Confused 1