The world is changing. How will Thailand react?

khunpa

2 hours ago, khunpa said:

Yes, but have you noticed any other officials disputing that or Thai people in general disagreeing publicly? The guy said what many millions of Thai people think. And there is not far from thinking something to acting on it. Especially, in times or crises.

Did you survey millions of Thai people or are you projecting? 

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RichardColeman said:

Bigger issue will be of all the over 55 year old retirees are here how many have medical insurance - and how many have insurance that may not cover the virus. You may find that the result of that will drive the future of expats here when the virus has gone - or they have, either way. If Thailand start getting mass farang sicknesses with no ability to pay, that could be a driver for them

What clause in your health insurance policy prevents you from receiving Corona Virus treatment from your insurance company? 

this will provide ammunition (pun intended) to politicians who want to deport foreign guests, limit immigration, increase tracking of individuals in public (and private) spaces, and reduce personal liberties.

looks like the us may be in the initial stages of wuhan conditions, whereas mexico has been relatively unscathed so far.

https://www.usnews.com/news/world/articles/2020-03-13/mexico-could-consider-taking-measures-at-us-border-to-slow-coronavirus

the irony!  trump may finally get his border wall....and mexico WILL pay for it!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bkk6060 said:

I had a Thai tell me the virus is spreading here because of Falang culture.

They like to shake hands when they meet people, thus spreading the infection.

Would not doubt that many Thai people believe it is all Falang fault.

Handshakes dont spread infection. There's whole series of events either side of a handshake that can make a handshake contribute to a possible communication of the disease. Maybe Thai people are a little more savvy than that.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

37 minutes ago, sanemax said:

No need to bring children into the disagreement 

If someone is advertising with having at the same time as they are showing racist tendencies towards a population it is. That is not something that children should be put through growing up.

• Sad 4

1 hour ago, PatOngo said:
1 hour ago, bkk6060 said:

Would not doubt that many Thai people believe it is all Falang fault.

………...as they are too uneducated and narrow minded to look at where it all originated!

Well shaking hands, kissing strangers are farang habits which aren't good to stop spreading the virus.

And the dirty begpackers with dreadlocks also give us a bad image.

But the Thai are nose diggers, don't use serving spoons, have filthy markets and no hygiene manners.

But Thai have a much better resistance against viruses it shows...that's from not living so hygienic as westerners do.

34 minutes ago, digibum said:

Did you survey millions of Thai people or are you projecting? 

There is no survey behind that. Only projection from a person that obviously do not like Thailand or Thai people.

• Sad 2

1 minute ago, Traubert said:

Let's be honest, there are few people in the world that don't pick their nose, it's something we learn in infancy. Cue all the denial. ????

I didn't learn that until I was an adult.  I had to get remedial training in nose picking. 

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, CNXexpat said:

Oh yes, it is! What do you think would happen if a minister post something like this in your home country. I guess many other members of the government would say "that´s stupid and not the position of the government". And also in many other countries this minister would have to find a new job. 

Hate to break the news to you, buddy, but Thailand doesn't work like my country.  Politicians in Thailand make crazy and stupid statements all of the time.  Wait, okay, maybe Thailand does work like my country ????

But the point is that Thai politicians talk smack all the time.  That does not mean that their views are the official point of view of the Thai government. 

If you haven't figured that out by now, maybe you need to go back home to your country. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

How can westerners be blamed for the virus? We all know where it began including Thai people. Most Thais who have got the infection caught it from other Asian people, Chinese, Korean etc. Some Thais may dislike westerners, but not because of covid-19. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, digibum said:

Hate to break the news to you, buddy, but Thailand doesn't work like my country.  Politicians in Thailand make crazy and stupid statements all of the time.  Wait, okay, maybe Thailand does work like my country ????

But the point is that Thai politicians talk smack all the time.  That does not mean that their views are the official point of view of the Thai government. 

If you haven't figured that out by now, maybe you need to go back home to your country. 

Well, they have not yet said that they will use the prison population to dig mass graves like the US.

Perhaps Thailand didn't go to the simulation programme; six weeks before the outbreak occurred! Was it hosted by Bill Gates, who has just resigned from something or other? The US's germ, chemical and virus programmes were all contracted out to Chinese labs. Wuhan being the centre of operations.

The WHO was founded by the Rockafellas and Rothchilds. That's all we need to know. The IMF, FED and Bank of England are in private hands. Dear me.

Israel has a vaccine at the ready.

Keep safe in Isaan until they come for us.

Edited by owl sees all
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

I guess the headline for this thread must be wrong. I must be, how can we teach the OP to not make up stories and overreact?

LOL! I am just waiting for the "If you don't like it here, then go home comment"

1 hour ago, khunpa said:
2 hours ago, CNXexpat said:

Nothing will change. In a few months the problem is gone and then it´s business as usual. 

Yes I completely agree with you @CNXexpat. Like every other viral panic that we've seen over the years, this one will run its course and fade away. Environmental factors, increased immunity and mans intervention will mean it simply runs out of steam.

And I do not envisage that Thailand is going to be seriously affected. coronavirus's do not thrive well in hot humid climates and we've certainly got one of those right now. Looking at the spread, it is already clear that it is jumping from one like climate to another. There's an interesting comment on that here:

https://www.accuweather.com/en/health-wellness/coronavirus-expert-says-the-virus-will-burn-itself-out-in-about-6-months/679415

My take is that we just get on with our everyday lives and ignore all this media frenzy. Thailand will be just fine.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, CNXexpat said:

Every day a new one who uses this boring and stupid sentence without knowing the circumstances why the other one is living in Thailand...

I don't need to know your circumstances. 

If you're too ignorant to know that some politician spouting off is not the official view of the Thai government, you're probably not cut out for being an expat. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

1 hour ago, sanemax said:

There is no treatment for the corona virus 

No, but you can treat some of the symptoms can't you?

It is the symptoms which can, if you are vulnerable, kill you?

5 minutes ago, khunpa said:

I think you are spot on. There are two ways this could go. Either the bad economy will make any foreigner here appreciated, OR the government will cast the blame on foreigners and make it even more difficult to stay here.

And in the long run, this could actually turn out to be good for both normal Thai people and foreigners.

I would agree. 

Not just for Thailand, but for a lot of countries.  The Corona Virus has exposed the flaws in many leaders worldwide.  The people will take note of this. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1