Any point in visiting pattaya during 14 day lockdown?

ghworker2010

If you live in sin city at the moment please inform us what its like now. Are all the bars closed? Where do all the resident die hard alcho drinkers go for a beer now?

I can't decide if I should visit. No pole dance shows, no massage. Is walking street closed down as well. 

Thanks for the update

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

I would stay away.

Some bars were closed tonight.
Some that were open were not busy.

Some bars are closing anyway because it is not busy.

A lot of the girls are going home.

This is only day 1.

TV also just published a warning from the PM that borders could close if it goes to stage 3

12 minutes ago, White Christmas13 said:

I don't agree with you this time, symptoms are runny nose,cough,fever just like the cold or flu.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/symptoms-testing/symptoms.html

The following symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure.*

• Fever
  • Cough
  • Shortness of breath

Edited by timendres
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Runny nose is not a typical symptom of Covid-19. In fact If you are ill with a runny nose that's a strong clue that it's something else.

The Thai DDC says otherwise, if it's fever AND a runny nose.

(Perhaps a better way to put it might be, runny nose ALONE would not necessarily be considered a symptom of CV)

1035344233_2020-03-1823_19_38.jpg.0b7a3409ae9f02dc182986da36f37e2c.jpg

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Thanks 1

Well the Jomtien sea walk is still pretty.  Outdoor restaurants probably will still serve food.  There will be plenty of ladies out of work and one might get a pretty good discount for a one or two week live in "care giver".  For a quiet get away, Pattaya might not be that bad.  Any pool halls open? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, White Christmas13 said:

So if shortness and cough is a symptom of corona 

I must have the corona virus for many years now.

Those are also symptoms of lung cancer, what have you been smoking? 

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, White Christmas13 said:

I don't agree with you this time, symptoms are runny nose,cough,fever just like the cold or flu.

Runny nose is for about 4% of the cases. Young people also die from the virus btw. The good news is that since you will probably alone in Pattaya the risks are low! 

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/coronavirus-symptoms/

Screenshot_20200319_070203.jpg

Edited by Tayaout

56 minutes ago, Leaver said:

By them "having fun" do you not see they potentially put everyone they have contact with in harms way?

I don't go for all the media hype, but if we all minimized our social contact for a short period of time, we all benefit each other by stopping, or slowing the spread of the disease.

Picture yourself in a 7/11 or supermarket and a "fun loving" tourist behind you who coughs and gives it to you.  Now you bring it home and pass it on, and it goes on and on, but all started with one "fun loving" tourist next to you a week ago. 

Their "fun loving" ways and freedom of choice has now put dozens, if not hundreds, in danger.   

when i attempted to have fun, i got a runny d!ck,

it actually rhymes with the latin for runny nose -rhinnorhoea

Edited by brokenbone

17 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

Well the Jomtien sea walk is still pretty.  Outdoor restaurants probably will still serve food.  There will be plenty of ladies out of work and one might get a pretty good discount for a one or two week live in "care giver".  For a quiet get away, Pattaya might not be that bad.  Any pool halls open? 

"Any pool halls open?" Will there not be enough boredom with the bars shut without bothering about pool?? 

21 hours ago, ghworker2010 said:

come on. Its only a virus. Im not an old fogie and thus will not die from it. We can all handle a runny nose and cough. My advice to you is not get too caught up in all the media drama

If it's only beer you're after,then visit any restaurant. 

21 hours ago, ghworker2010 said:

My advice to you is not get too caught up in all the media drama

Read through a few threads on here, that advice is way to late! got it all, death, drama, dignity out the window, be queuing for toilet rolls next, once they have left the queue for whatever wonder drug Big Pharma tells them may give them an extra hour our too of life, so they can panic some more ???? 

• Like 2

Have you ever walked the business side of Beach Road, in either direction,  and felt like you were trying to go uphill during a landslide? Well, it's not like that now. And you can enjoy strong ocean breezes. There are some bars open. I'm sure you could find a massage girl on Beach Road. I enjoyed a massage today.