PM ready to close Thai borders to entry if virus situation worsens to Stage 3

snoop1130

1 minute ago, Ron jeremy said:

We all know what they think of foreigners, do u really believe that when <deleted> hits the fan, not if, but when, that western people will be takin care of over Thais?

think again, Thailand is the last place anyone wants to be when, not if it happens!

get the <deleted> out of dodge!

No I don't. I'm not sure what I posted caused you to form that opinion.

38 minutes ago, Eibot said:

Personally I'm more worried about the lockdown consequences that the virus. 30% of the country will be unable to even make enough to eat....Desperate times call for desperate measures. Be safe all. 

You are not alone with those worries. In my opinion every country except Taiwan, Japan and South Korea has done it wrong. It so terribly counter-productive to announce everything step by step. Close schools now, maybe in 2 days enterntainment areas...well skip it again....then finally change again and close it. Now that border sh**. 

They should just DO IT and re-evaluate the situation end of March ! I also blame Europe for that, as they are losing valuable time. Do a strict cut and shut down everything for 2 weeks. Spain did it, Germany is bullsh***** around. And those are just 2 examples. The economic impact will be terrible both ways,  but the longer the process to a complete shut down is stretched step by step, the more people suffer economically ! 

Edited by SpanishExpat
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, terje johnsen said:

What is fase3 its only 212 with Corona in Thailand thats only fase 1 is it something they not tell us.

• Phase 1: A virus in animals has caused no known infections in humans.
  • Phase 2: An animal flu virus has caused infection in humans.
  • Phase 3: Sporadic cases or small clusters of disease occur in humans. Human-to-human transmission, if any, is insufficient to cause community-level outbreaks.
  • Phase 4: The risk for a pandemic is greatly increased but not certain.
  • Phase 5: Spread of disease between humans is occurring in more than one country of one WHO region.
  • Phase 6: Community-level outbreaks are in at least one additional country in a different WHO region from phase 5. A global pandemic is under way.

Will the givernment returning Thai pilgrims?

"Tiny neighbour Brunei has confirmed 50 infections linked to it, while Cambodia, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam have also said citizens were infected there."

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/se-asia/thousands-of-muslim-pilgrims-ignore-virus-risk-to-gather-in-indonesia

"

"They are still coming," he said. "There are people from Thailand, Arabia, India and the Philippines."

The Malaysian event, held from February 27 to March 1, drew 16,000 followers.

Both gatherings in Indonesia and Malaysia were organised by members of Tablighi Jama'at, a global movement of evangelical Muslims that promotes proselytising, known as dakwah."

1 minute ago, RubbaJohnny said:

Will the givernment returning Thai pilgrims?

"Tiny neighbour Brunei has confirmed 50 infections linked to it, while Cambodia, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam have also said citizens were infected there."

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/se-asia/thousands-of-muslim-pilgrims-ignore-virus-risk-to-gather-in-indonesia

"

"They are still coming," he said. "There are people from Thailand, Arabia, India and the Philippines."

The Malaysian event, held from February 27 to March 1, drew 16,000 followers.

Both gatherings in Indonesia and Malaysia were organised by members of Tablighi Jama'at, a global movement of evangelical Muslims that promotes proselytising, known as dakwah."

Not all bad news then.

I wrote a few times before my wife has been treated for a nail wound at the local clinic in Isaan and the doctor told her COVID-19 is all over Thailand and that they were going to restrict everyone to their houses.

Buriram, Bangkok, etc. is just the first step,  a partial Quarantine,  its going to be like Italy no one leaving their house, Its not lock down, so he is trying to call it something else, a war or what ever other countries are saying and people are repeating like Parrots.

Most of China has been under that type of Quarantine since Jan. 23 but the Atheist Communist Maoists don't have a clue as to what freedom is since Mao, 1.5 billion slaves loving their captivity.  

In Nevada it started yesterday closing everything down for 30 days, but as the numbers go up in America it to will be like Italy and the rest of the World is going to follow if not already.

Certainly its a time for inward reflection, while some will reflect on the best bar girl or coldest beer they ever had.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SpanishExpat said:

You are not alone with those worries. In my opinion every country except Taiwan, Japan and South Korea has done it wrong. It so terribly counter-productive to announce everything step by step. Close schools now, maybe in 2 days enterntainment areas...well skip it again....then finally change again and close it. Now that border sh**. 

They should just DO IT and re-evaluate the situation end of March ! I also blame Europe for that, as they are losing valuable time. Do a strict cut and shut down everything for 2 weeks. Spain did it, Germany is bullsh***** around. And those are just 2 examples. The economic impact will be terrible both ways,  but the longer the process to a complete shut down is stretched step by step, the more people suffer economically ! 

Sorry to pee on your parade. But what did Spain do? And were are Spain now regarding infections and deaths? I'm not even German by the way.

19 minutes ago, SAINT THOMAS said:

I wrote a few times before my wife has been treated for a nail wound at the local clinic in Isaan and the doctor told her COVID-19 is all over Thailand and that they were going to restrict everyone to their houses.

Buriram, Bangkok, etc. is just the first step,  a partial Quarantine,  its going to be like Italy no one leaving their house, Its not lock down, so he is trying to call it something else, a war or what ever other countries are saying and people are repeating like Parrots.

Most of China has been under that type of Quarantine since Jan. 23 but the Atheist Communist Maoists don't have a clue as to what freedom is since Mao, 1.5 billion slaves loving their captivity.  

In Nevada it started yesterday closing everything down for 30 days, but as the numbers go up in America it to will be like Italy and the rest of the World is going to follow if not already.

Certainly its a time for inward reflection, while some will reflect on the best bar girl or coldest beer they ever had.

A small town doctor in Isaan told your wife...

Yeah...

• Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, rasmus5150 said:

Sorry to pee on your parade. But what did Spain do? And were are Spain now regarding infections and deaths? I'm not even German by the way.

I blame all European countries for reacting too late. But Spain at least has a complete shut-down now. Drones are flying around to detect people etc. Germany it`s still stuck with their federal s*** every part of the country has different degrees of the shutdown.

My comment was based on the suggestion that Thailand should close NOW. Not in 1,2 weeks. It will come anyway sooner or later. So get it done now and reevaluate the situation in 2 weeks. The longer this step by step tactic lasts, the worse it will be for the economy. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, cubism001 said:

OMG. Tomorrow it'll be at stage 3 in Th'land... why didn't I just leave the states last month? I'm ticketed, no apt. now... Any ideas?

I'm in the same situation. I was going to book a ticket this weekend back to Thailand to leave next Wednesday.  But sounds too risky that the flight be cancelled.

OMG. Tomorrow it'll be at stage 3 in Th'land... why didn't I just leave the states last month? I'm ticketed, no apt. now... Any ideas?

Best everyone stay holed down in their own Country ,wherever that is .This could last a year with nearly all flights grounded.

• Sad 1

Hi ,  I have a ticket booked for april from usa .  are we going to get refund if thailand goes to stage 3 and stops all foreigners

9 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

PM's looking kinda thin & sickly himself in that photo. We could only wish. lol 

Careful what you wish for. Two of the candidates that have been tipped to replace him in recent times have been the army chief, and the health minister. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SpanishExpat said:

Japan are you kidding me!! I know so many Japanese and EVERY SINGLE ONE says they are testing way to few people and that the Olympics ( which in no way will happen in July) are trying to be saved. You are so wrong. Also how the heck was I just there on March 5/6/7 and allowed in? I was just in Hong Kong the night before and USA the nights before that. Japan is undercounting or not counting at all. Don’t let that “Japanese are polite and honest “ BS cloud your brain. 

• Like 1

yes I agree, Japan will be same Thailand with a very high dark number. It is their mentality. They go work half dead bcs you do not stay on sick leave there. Japan did all wromng actually to.

The worst of all is UK and US. Just follow the figures in the next 2 weeks. They both will have a tremendeous amount of deaths. But Maybe that what they want. Helps the pension schemes in the future maybe they think. Germany, well, I am actually unsure. Yes I do see problems here in Germany (where I am right now) and ppl still not seem to understand enough that they should not socialize and yes I also believe by the end of the day we all have to care of ourselves as the system will not. However we do have the lowest fatality rate. Also when you look at JHU charts remeber the size of the countries when you look at the figures. They do not show percentages there unfortunatley. There is a fair amount of ppl that say now a curview does not help anymore. Maybe it helps at any stage maybe not, I cannot say. For the economy and especially small business what heppens here is a desaster. We will wait and see how the gov really helps.

7 hours ago, balo said:

One of the last Norwegian flights departed Oslo today direct to Bangkok. Also Qatar and KLM still operate flights to Bangkok.  

And??? The topic is Thailand may close its borders soon. Thailand has not closed its borders yet. So Qatar and KLM flying here today means nothing regarding next week for example. 

4 hours ago, Gweiloman said:

A small town doctor in Isaan told your wife...

Yeah...

Further, recently the relatives of a neighbor tried to sue the main doctor and the gov't hospital where he's stationed for negligence when the aged mother of the neighbor passed away. 

The mother was ill and taken to local gov't., hospital near Bkk, they did some tests and scans and explained she had a leakage from her heart which needed urgent attention, but that hospital could not operate because she was registered at her local upper mid Nth. gov't hospital.

They went back to their home upper Nth., hospital, doctor refused to look at the report from the near BKK hospital and refused to look at the patient, just commented 'she's not sick, she will be OK, just go home and rest' and take paracetamol. 

Family asked the local hospital Dr., to sign a document to allow the mother to change her registered hospital to the one near BKK. Doctor angrily refused and gave them a serious lecture about showing respect for him. Plus the senior nurse also gave them the same lecture. Within 3 or 4 days she died.

Family went to police and contacted the Health ministry, both quickly indicated there was no cause to lay any charges or do any investigation, told them to not discuss the matter with other people. 

• Sad 1

I'm coming back today. Made the decision yesterday, spent all day packing up,  and looks like I was right to do so.

Though I don't really see what a border closure achieves once already stage 3. Makes more sense earlier.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, emptypockets said:

Does make you wonder what he was suffering from a few weeks ago when he went into isolation. A very bad flu can weaken you but people usually put on condition when it's passed. Cancer? He's no spring chicken after all.

He know his time is counted. He won't have control over the pandemic and the economy is crashing. He will be replaced or the army will take over. 

Edited by Tayaout

8 hours ago, Assurancetourix said:

"if" is inappropriate because it will happen sooner or later.
With such a little intelligence it is now that all borders must be closed as so many other countries have already done.

Too bad for Thai people who work or are on vacation abroad and too bad for tourists who have known for a long time what they risked by wanting to leave their country at all costs .

We, the farang who live here, it will not change anything for us as for the 68 million Thai people who live around us.

Really?? Will not change ANYTHING for you?  Keep dreaming. 

Every country is failing to go ugly early. An example from history could teach us a lot. Tito in Yugoslavia stopped a deadly small pox outbreak in 1972 by going ugly early. Incremental action just does not help when it comes to contagious diseases. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Lacessit said:

IMO no-one will be prevented from leaving Thailand, just returning.

If that is the case it’s unlikely there will be any commercial passenger flights coming or going so people will be stuck here anyway unless they do a land crossing to a country that’s not locked down yet.