Thailand to tighten entry rules for all nationalities in virus fight

snoop1130

1 hour ago, calbts2 said:

Thailand is closing down now. Foreigners that leave now will have a very difficult if not impossible time to get back in.

Non essential travel by air is not the smartest thing to do during a pandemic anyway.  I think we are heading to a commercial regularly schedule route shutdown soon. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Wilsonandson said:

Apart from the Insurance policy you need to do the Covid 19 medical test which my wife says will at least be 7,000 baht. I found this on prices from a news article 3 days ago. 

https://www.khaosodenglish.com/featured/2020/03/16/some-hospitals-apply-farang-pricing-for-coronavirus-testing/

I'm so worried as I need to do a visa run soon to Laos. Every day the restrictions get worse. I just feel like creeping into a hole and hiding until this is all over then plead ignorance and pay the overstay later on down the line.

I would recommend reporting to immigration for an extension.  I would expect some sort of leniency with regards to them during an ongoing pandemic.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

And what's the extent of the coverage?

I very much doubt it's the new foreign entry requirement of $100,000 USD coverage!

i just got (3 days ago) 3M baht coverage Pacific Cross with 40K deductible for 28K

covid19 is not excluded

6 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

Richard Barrow did a report on his arrival at BKK from UK.

He had photos of NO ONE in the immigration lines. 

He said it took one minute to get through immigration.

I am on another forum working overtime to discourage these selfish tourists who travel unnecessarily and prolong the pandemic until the world economy collapses. They should be shot. 

No one is coming thank god.

I saw the report as well. It was like a ghost town. People are just not coming and it is going to be a very long time till they do. 

How every this is going to pan out, this is going to spread a world of pain to a lot of people for a long time. 

3 hours ago, keemapoot said:

Another brilliant policy move.

Instead of closing the border, why he is still playing with unproven ideas? What can't they learn for other countries. This is such a shame. Valuable times wasted and risking people's lives. Can't they see the pattern. Few days of 30+ cases and then it jumped to 60. Don't they study exponential growth in schools/colleges?

1 hour ago, DrTuner said:

It certainly has a merciless way of surfacing hidden problems, such as coverups, corruption and all the other usual jazz in Thailand. Junta can't simply give the corona some attitude adjustment.

No they can not. However they tried to move it to an inactive post......denial and hide it away....did not work did it....

• Haha 2

Stupid regulation .

I do not know where i would ever get such a covid test , since they are not given here to somebody who wants a certificate . Even people with symptoms are not getting tested , only when you are in risk group or need to be taken in hospital with the symptoms .

A insurance for covid for 100k , try to find it ... won't be easy at all in these days .

Well , i'm not coming at the moment , but all depends on how long they keep this measures . This is not gonna go away in 1 month , so prob the regulations stay for at least a couple of months which people cannot come ( but their country has been ok already ) .

Just to clarify exactly: Does this now mean that I (German Passport, based in Thailand, no COVID insurance) cannot fly out to a country which is not a desaster area and come back within 2-3 days without producing a COVID health certificate and proof of COVID health insurance when boarding for the return flight ?

• Like 2

I just saw the news in Bangkok Post. They are doing a flip-flop again, it is not ALL nationality but just 15 countries that need Covid-19-free health certificates and Covid-19 insurance

Britain, Denmark, France, Germany, Japan, Netherlands, Norway, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the United States in addition to China, South Korea, Italy, Iran

Edited by EricTh
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, sezze said:

do not know where i would ever get such a covid test ,

My friend got tested in Bangkok. Cost 6000 BHT. She is Thai. Did not have any symptoms but had sore throats and intemittent fever. She freaked out as she works mostly with foreigners as a real estate agent. This was two weeks ago. Not sure the situation now. 

Edited by Mulambana

15 minutes ago, moogradod said:

Just to clarify exactly: Does this now mean that I (German Passport, based in Thailand, no COVID insurance) cannot fly out to a country which is not a desaster area and come back within 2-3 days without producing a COVID health certificate and proof of COVID health insurance when boarding for the return flight ?

Your question is the same as what if a Chinese citizen fly an indirect route to a country which is not a disaster area and then go to Thailand after 1 to 2 weeks, will they need to produce a COVID health cert?

I think to make the lives of immigration officers who handle thousands of people per day easier, they only look at passport and don't have the time to check whether you have been in which countries for the past umpteen days. Just my practical guess.

Edited by EricTh

19 minutes ago, moogradod said:

Yes. That is what it means. Doesn't matter your nationality. All of us are in the same situation. If you leave, you can not come back without meeting the requirements. The airline will check you before allowing you on a flight, and immigration will deny you at a land border.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nightfox said:

This is going to screw so many guys here who are on a multi tourist and Non O visas who have to do boarder runs coming up. Good luck to them all....

End of border runs for so-called 'tourists'. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, EricTh said:

I just saw the news in Bangkok Post. They are doing a flip-flop again, it is not ALL nationality but just 15 countries that need Covid-19-free health certificates and Covid-19 insurance

Britain, Denmark, France, Germany, Japan, Netherlands, Norway, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the United States in addition to China, South Korea, Italy, Iran

Having a passport of these countries or flying in /having visited these countries ? So an Indian flying in from Italy would not be subject to the requirement ? There is something seriously wrong here. I would buy it if it reads "flying in from / visited "Britain, Denmak, France etc....")

4 hours ago, monkfish said:

Where to get these medical certificates I've seen they are issuing them in Thailand after a negative test but are other countries also issuing them?
According to this source the requirement is also for Thai.
https://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/2020/03/19/prayut-orders-all-travelers-to-present-virus-certificate/

This seems like a block on travellers without directly blocking them I wonder why.

UK now blocked to travel here without health cert. Friend just blocked at boarding gate Thurs 15.30 UK time.

• Like 1