Some foreigners still out drinking on the beach - Thais less than complimentary

webfact

7 hours ago, smedly said:

and from the photo - what about the 3 Thais seen clearly across the road 

Tunnel vision and a general growing hate for farangs and some Thais thinking the rules don't apply to them

Just typical Thai blame everyone else

one of the motivating factors for police to do this is the commissions to be had now that they cannot even hit all the bars and gogo's for monthly fees LOL.

some of it is justified some not.

i am hesitant to use my condo pool even though nobody has been in it for 2 weeks and using it would present no covid risk at all.  but thinking about a neighbor hoping to get some fast cash for reporting me and a 40k fine is making it not worth it.

8 hours ago, tomazbodner said:

You look at this and start to understand why Australia is kicking all the foreigners out. What I'd like to know whether they were fined 40,000 baht and jailed for 2 years?

Great...time the Aborigines were put back in charge.

Rooster

I do hate to see the working "drinking" used as a pejorative. Supposing the noun "tea" happened to be the subject of the verb instead of the (implied) alcohol. Would we all instinctively be inclined to look more favourably on the miscreants?

True, they were behaving badly, flouting the curfew and the rules about congregating. What beverage they were consuming is irrelevant - or should be.

Oh, which reminds me. . . anybody know why the 7/11's in Cha Am have suddenly stopped selling alcohol when the mom and pop shops are still doing a roaring trade in the demon drink?

1 minute ago, Krataiboy said:

I do hate to see the working "drinking" used as a pejorative. Supposing the noun "tea" happened to be the subject of the verb instead of the (implied) alcohol. Would we all instinctively be inclined to look more favourably on the miscreants?

True, they were behaving badly, flouting the curfew and the rules about congregating. What beverage they were consuming is irrelevant - or should be.

Oh, which reminds me. . . anybody know why the 7/11's in Cha Am have suddenly stopped selling alcohol when the mom and pop shops are still doing a roaring trade in the demon drink?

They have been told to stop selling alcohol, alot of.provinces 7/11,, tesco etc have stopped. I believe until the end of april or after the 20th.

35 minutes ago, jimmjam said:

They have been told to stop selling alcohol, alot of.provinces 7/11,, tesco etc have stopped. I believe until the end of april or after the 20th.

Thanks for that. Hadn't seen any official announcement but the missus mumbled something about the government's Facebook page. Good news for the mom and pop shops!

6 hours ago, Krataiboy said:

Thanks for that. Hadn't seen any official announcement but the missus mumbled something about the government's Facebook page. Good news for the mom and pop shops!

The shops near me in Rayong don't sell booze. It will make that beer after the ban ends taste that much better.

20 hours ago, outsider said:

It does not matter whether they are locals, tourists or expats. Selfish and recalcitrant trash like these are all over the world, not just in Thailand. Idiots like these make it more difficult for the rest of us who are trying to comply, cooperate and get rid of the pandemic soonest possible. No excuses should be entertained, no sympathies should be given. The authorities should just throw the book at them.

Sadly, the "book" of law here is a pathetic, tattered and corrupt volume; relegated to a dusty shelf and often used when self serving authority wishes to enrich themselves or to remain in control.

Helmet law? Seat belt law? Drink driving law? Encroachment onto public land? Corruption? Violation of ordination vows? That "book" of law often remains on the shelf.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

The shops near me in Rayong don't sell booze. It will make that beer after the ban ends taste that much better.

You can bit the lao kao stills are working overtime!

On 4/7/2020 at 11:52 AM, outsider said:

It does not matter whether they are locals, tourists or expats. Selfish and recalcitrant trash like these are all over the world, not just in Thailand. Idiots like these make it more difficult for the rest of us who are trying to comply, cooperate and get rid of the pandemic soonest possible. No excuses should be entertained, no sympathies should be given. The authorities should just throw the book at them.

Agree for sure.. I have been in Thailand for 7 years. I am a very grateful guest of the 

Thai people. I try very hard to treat all citizens of Thailand with respect.

I try to keep my interactions with police, Government, and military to a minim.

I try to interact with as many everyday Thai people as I can, with out being 

a bother to them.

I love being here, as long as the hoops I must jump through to stay are manageable

I will do just that to keep my home and family.

Could I go nuts over things I think could be made better, sure, but why?

I am a guest and I will remember that and try to be the guest that is welcome.

I am not thrilled by the foreigners I come across here, some, especially visitors 

I would care less if the police rounded 90% of them up and gave them

3 days to get out. I get sick of seeing them treat Thai people like they are 

servants or worse.

Thai people are what Thai people are, but this is their homeland, and I respect that.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Krataiboy said:

You can bit the lao kao stills are working overtime!

I'm sure it is, folks down here make more money and can afford better. Isaan is where that hootch is more popular.