Some foreigners still out drinking on the beach - Thais less than complimentary

webfact

1 hour ago, EVENKEEL said:

I'm in the Rayong area and our beach is all taped off. You always have a few Thais hanging around. But when I see 2 foreigners laid out on the beach I have to ask myself what selfishness is this especially when we are in a stay at home crusade. 

If I lay on my bed with my partner or in the beach alone what's the difference? As long as we are not in a group, having a party or near anyone else I can't see what the problem is. To me that is making the best of a bad situation! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, smedly said:

and from the photo - what about the 3 Thais seen clearly across the road 

Tunnel vision and a general growing hate for farangs and some Thais thinking the rules don't apply to them

Yes, you can make out 4 Thai people.

IMO this photo was misused and probably shot before the curfew started in yet another effort to vilify foreigners. 

The bike taxi boys were probably waiting for 7-11 shop staff to finish at 22:00, which is perfectly OK after curfew starts.

The policeman was probably informing this foreigner that curfew is soon to start and asking him to go home.

284810666_4Thaipeople.jpg.60e6245f8d86b85b97ffa618c1acf372.jpg

Edited by tropo
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Badboldie said:

If I lay on my bed with my partner or in the beach alone what's the difference? As long as we are not in a group, having a party or near anyone else I can't see what the problem is. To me that is making the best of a bad situation! 

I believe the thought process is either the beach is closed or open.... if it were open you would surely have 10 locals round a dish of somtam, a bottle of Hong Thong and cokes!

Edited by jacko45k

2 hours ago, tomazbodner said:

You look at this and start to understand why Australia is kicking all the foreigners out. What I'd like to know whether they were fined 40,000 baht and jailed for 2 years?

Australia is fining folks who are breaking the 'stay at home' rules. Yesterday a teenage girl and her mother were out doing a driving lesson, they were stopped and asked why 2 people in the car?

They explained 'driving lesson', the mother and girl fined total of AUD1,650-. 

If 2 people from one family caught driving to a supermarket there's a hefty fine, can only be one person. 

The point, as many people as possible staying at home.

Edited by scorecard

8 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Australia is fining folks who are breaking the 'stay at home' rules. Yesterday a teenage girl and her mother were out doing a driving lesson, they were stopped and asked why 2 people in the car?

They explained 'driving lesson', the mother and girl was fined total of AUD1,650-. 

If 2 people from one family caught driving to a supermarket there's a hefty fine, can only be one person. 

The point, as many people as possible staying at home.

Plenty of others too copping $1500 fines for not observing social distancing and also leaving home when quarantined!!

11 minutes ago, Maejo Man said:

Australia?

I thought all the States had different rules!

Cops came yesterday and told my friend and I to leave. We were more than 2 meters apart and not on beach, but on wall with sidewalk between us and beach. Not 5m away were group of Thais sitting together on a mat (social gathering, ya think?), very close, eating from same dish and sitting on the beach. "What about them?" I foolishly asked. "You must leave".

It's the same old song.... enforce even when farangs not breaking rules, ignore the locals who are breaking the rules.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, smedly said:

and from the photo - what about the 3 Thais seen clearly across the road 

Tunnel vision and a general growing hate for farangs and some Thais thinking the rules don't apply to them

Essential workers... and one of them is CLEARLY Laotian.

Meanwhile, the farang coffin dodger pictured is CLEARLY non-essential.

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:
4 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

You always have a few Thais hanging around. But when I see 2 foreigners laid out on the beach I have to ask myself what selfishness is this especially when we are in a stay at home crusade. 

Why is it acceptable for the Thais and not the foreigners?

But it's not.

It's only really unacceptable to the clique of foreigners who insist that the locals hate us and we deserve some sort of medal for being (mostly) white and (mostly) over here.

• Confused 2

3 hours ago, fforest1 said:
4 hours ago, Toany said:

Maybe they felt they needed thas after spending all day at immigration where social distancing is not available.

Two thumbs up great comment...

Excellent. Now as punishment, I recommend they get to stay 100 yards clear of the back-end of the queue for their next three visits to Immigration. That'll teach 'em.

So the foreigners are supposed to stick to the rules, but today this happens outside the condo.

Road dug up, sewage flowing everywhere, pumps spraying sh11e into the air - and all so they can build more unnecessary condos to stand empty.

And nobody wearing a mask except me, the 'dirty foreigner'.

And SARS was spread by sewage, so I bet COVID -19 too.

Priorities?

20200407_144924.thumb.jpg.54dc3b1c9c96761c912d1d4b3340e484.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Youlike said:

This year there has NOT been more deads in the western countries than previous years. Right?! So this whole virus thing is all fake! It's just a flu and weak persons die from it but not more than in recent years.....prove me wrong please.

Wrong. I don't need to prove anything, just open your F eyes. Doctors and fit folk are dying left, right and centre. Wind Your head in!

18 minutes ago, Khun Paul said:

Let us put this into perspective, Local markets are open, zero rules being followed by the local population, but also ZERO enforcement. Thais breaking curfew for no reasons, near me Thais roaring around on motorcycles until the wee small hours, BUT NO CONDEMNATION IN THE PRESS.. AS soon as a Foreigners does something wrong, heavy Thai criticism . Well now with the TOURIST dollars down, bars and clubs shut, income lessening. Thais still carry on as normal blaming anyone but themselves for the problems. Maybe they will learn, but doubtful .   

because the rules only apply to foreigners at least that's what the Mayor indicated - Thai don't spread CV-19  only farangs - aren't you getting it yet

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, outsider said:

It does not matter whether they are locals, tourists or expats. Selfish and recalcitrant trash like these are all over the world, not just in Thailand. Idiots like these make it more difficult for the rest of us who are trying to comply, cooperate and get rid of the pandemic soonest possible. No excuses should be entertained, no sympathies should be given. The authorities should just throw the book at them.

And what about the masses gatherings at immigration centre's .This is 1000 times more likely to spread the corona viruses .

On the beach there's distancing from each other , at the immigration there more of less holding hands of speaking to one another.

I thought alcohol killed all germs . I drink lao Khao with sprite