Discrimination at Krungsri Bank

Has anyone else experienced a teller refusing to do a transaction at this bank. Wanted to withdraw from my bank back home and deposit it my accpunt here but the teller refused and told me to withdraw from a atm than make a deposit or go to another branch.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

Just now, colinneil said:
4 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

555, Colin be nice...he's a newbie

Thats my point, it is always newbies who come on here with fantastic stories.

If i am wrong i will say sorry.

well, it was not made clear just how much money was involved?  if monstrously huge amounts, then the 220 baht charge per many limited ATM transaction; might be big...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

I have only good expirience with Krungsri Bank.

Before I get account, I used them to make cash on my euro creditcard at the teller, always smiling and friendly service.

Now I get account in Krungsri and make international transferment every month direct to my account, never problems always friendly.

When I should make thai account, I was around in other banks, they like to make it very complicated and always ended with a now to make an account. Then I went to Krungsri and they maked an account for me in 10 min.

• Thanks 1

I have had many different banks refuse to do OTC withdrawals from my foreign ATM card. Even more frustrating is finding a branch that does do it but refuses because my card's numbers aren't  embossed. I have a branch now that accepts my non-embossed cards without issue. It's funny when they get temporary staff from other branches who initially refuse but need to be overridden by senior staff.

And no, I wont tell what branch as I'd hate if they got busy and I'd have to wait...

• Thanks 1

Maybe the topic of the thread should be 'Issue at Krungsri Bank-Can anyone advise me?'

That said, you probably woudnt get so many replies with a less dramatic headline....

Were you in marketing?

Edited by sungod
  • Like 1

Once been to Kasikornbank branche in Changklan road and was treated like a soi dog, even I bank with them since day 1 in Thailand for millions of baht. 
Any other branches I visited it was a super good service, so there is bad apples everywhere. Perhaps the teller just got told her monthly donation is stopping due to corona by her farang boyfriend and blew steam off on you.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Thanks 1

I kind of feel sorry for anyone new here that might have only been reading TVF and then dares to ask the older wiser individuals if they might have been discriminated against, too. But then I can be an <deleted> sometimes too

• Thanks 1

Yes, I encountered several times at SCB (but not Krungsri), they asked me to withdraw cash from ATM machine even though I don't have any ATM card.

They are unfriendly towards foreigners and this was before the current pandemic.

I would imagine it would become worse right now.

Disclaimer, I encountered this only in one branch and not other branches.

But due to the attitude of that branch, I moved all my money to Krungsri which were all friendly.

YOu might want to go to another branch who are more friendly towards foreigners.

Edited by EricTh

2 hours ago, tifino said:

could always demand do things over the counter; because you are dead afraid of handling cash (even from an ATM)

How can you demand from a bank in Thailand to withdraw from an other bank in another country. You have to either wire the money into the Thai bank from your other account or do it via the ATM. It is impossible for the bank to do that.

Instead of discrimination by the bank, it is stupidity from the customer in this case.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

20 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

How can you demand from a bank in Thailand to withdraw from an other bank in another country. You have to either wire the money into the Thai bank from your other account or do it via the ATM. It is impossible for the bank to do that.

Instead of discrimination by the bank, it is stupidity from the customer in this case.

Lots of reports of withdrawing over the counter even in this thread.  It goes through the same Visa/Mastercard system as using the ATM but avoids the fee, hence it's appeal, but needs the appropriate equipment, knowledge and permission which is why there are many refusals.  As you say it's not discrimination.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

You’re wrong. I can go to my Bangkok Bank branch, present my US debit card and ID (Thai DL is fine), and at no fee or charge by Bangkok Bank, withdraw at the counter from my US account, any amount of baht up to the limit set by my US bank. Done this a dozen times in the last year. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, pgrahmm said:

Usually only banks with cash exchange counters/services do this....All branches do not.....

Once at a bank that does this you just ask for a cash advance with your Visa debit card & passport.....They'll process it and hand you the cash....Up to 400k at BKK bank....

I've run into some tellers that didn't know, or know how to process it - another teller usually takes over & runs it....

I don't think you were discriminated against....

Actually Bangkok Bank does not have a 400K limit for a deit card withdrawal. The limit is whatever your home country bank sets. I withdrew 500K last month

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, colinneil said:

Thats my point, it is always newbies who come on here with fantastic stories.

If i am wrong i will say sorry.

not wrong at all.... ✌️????

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, jeffandgop said:

You’re wrong. I can go to my Bangkok Bank branch, present my US debit card and ID (Thai DL is fine), and at no fee or charge by Bangkok Bank, withdraw at the counter from my US account, any amount of baht up to the limit set by my US bank. Done this a dozen times in the last year. 

Has your card a visa or mastercard logo?

4 hours ago, jeffandgop said:

Actually Bangkok Bank does not have a 400K limit for a deit card withdrawal. The limit is whatever your home country bank sets. I withdrew 500K last month

My experience has been different.  I've done over the counter withdrawals using my US debit card at Bangkok Bank and Krungsri Bank multiple times over the last two years.  Both had a limit of Bt150K at the branches I used.  I asked for Bt160K to get closer to my US card's $5K daily/per transaction over the counter limit (only $1K at an ATM), but the branches quickly responded Bt150K was their limit....I said "OK. that's fine" and then proceed to process the Bt150K transaction.

• Thanks 1