Touring caravan. Anyone tried it?

On 4/12/2020 at 12:34 PM, Surelynot said:

Thanks for all the replies......going off the idea rapidly.

Don't blame you. Pondered the idea myself a few years ago. Did not take me long to realize it was impractical. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, DoctorG said:

Don't blame you. Pondered the idea myself a few years ago. Did not take me long to realize it was impractical. 

Add another to that list here, good idea at the time but ...

It's actually getting more and more popular here. The extended sprinter and Airstreams are self contained luxurious but very expensive. I've had great success touring all over this country using Visa and that magical conveyance..Cash ! No need reservations just go do it..Caravan camping is a great way to go if you use it regularly. Insurance is expensive but the best alternative is CCC, CREDIT CARD CAMPING .

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

You can answer the question just by looking for other caravans, there are none. I cant recall ever seeing a single caravan in all my travels around Thailand.

There are a few camper vans around 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

You can answer the question just by looking for other caravans, there are none. I cant recall ever seeing a single caravan in all my travels around Thailand.

They exist, just last week I saw 4 brand new caravans coming from the Laem Chabang sea port on the back of tilt trays.

Nast things towed mainly by a Gypsy going too fast, or the majority who just annoy working road users going too slow. Dutch are menace, im one, clogging the roads going to Med Campsites. How many have just joined TV like me because of the Chinease Flues i wonder.?.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

I've seen RVs and caravans at Bangkok motor shows.   I've also seen lots of caravans parked up in fields a few times when driving around the country.  
Must admit the ones I saw parked look like they were just being stored rather than used.

4 minutes ago, Fruit Trader said:

Photo taken from the site of a RV stop in Nongprue M1 Chonburi

Don't you need some special licence and documents to drive a truck like that around Thailand ? it certainly doesn't have Thai number plates.

• Like 1