Taxi driver found dead of mysterious cause

webfact

Taxi driver found dead of mysterious cause

By The Nation

800_77de80064721b83.jpg?v=1586841836

A taxi driver was found dead in an abandoned courtyard in Samut Prakarn province on Monday (April 13). His wife said he might have contracted Covid-19.

Police officers and rescue volunteers headed to the scene after being notified and found a body on a concrete barrier next to a car with the engine still running.

The car registration showed his name was Sriprai Tiansawang, 49. He had no injuries while there were no indications that his car was ransacked. The police found only hand sanitisers and an alcohol spray in the vehicle.

His body was wrapped in plastic bags and sent to the Institution of Forensic Science to investigate the actual cause of death.

Sriprai’s wife Suchada, 37, who learned of the incident from her neighbour, told police that her husband had a cough for two weeks but showed no fever or any other symptoms. She nevertheless suspected that he was infected with the virus.

The police then checked her body temperature, as they were afraid that she might be infected with Covid-19 from her husband. But the result was normal. However, they asked her to quarantine herself for 14 days.

They assumed that the victim might have stopped his car to urinate, but suddenly died. Even though his wife said that he could have had Covid-19, the police have not concluded the case yet.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30385959

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-04-14
  • Sad 1

been seeing a few stories on the news lately of Taxis having bodies found in them, and the people shown investigating are fully clothed in PPE's, but then nothing further is ever shown.  Unsure why or what it means

• Like 1

The police then checked her body temperature, as they were afraid that she might be infected with Covid-19 from her husband. But the result was normal. However, they asked her to quarantine herself for 14 days.

Hmmm no test for the wife then unless she forks out mega baht (relative to income) privately? 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, webfact said:

told police that her husband had a cough for two weeks but showed no fever or any other symptoms. She nevertheless suspected that he was infected with the virus.

But said and did nothing....

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

But said and did nothing....

So to put it into perspective hotchilli, Unfortunately, it is very prevalent in thai society not to speak up or tell others because of fears they have, as well as face, which have been instilled in normal people by government actions now, and in the past.  This is also why I personally believe there are more infected, that never go to the hospital, and die at home of unknown/untested causes, and are cremated by the family. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

This is also why I personally believe there are more infected, that never go to the hospital, and die at home of unknown/untested causes, and are cremated by the family. 

Like the 660,000 "high risk" patients that are at home under observation.... not been tested or in hospital.

Allowed to be in so called self isolation in a family environment, yet deemed high risk for what reason?

2 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Like the 660,000 "high risk" patients that are at home under observation.... not been tested or in hospital.

Allowed to be in so called self isolation in a family environment, yet deemed high risk for what reason?

Could quite possibly be.  My ex's three relatives that passed away at the end of February had been sent home with medication and told to return to the Government hospital if they worsened, of course they did not, and unfortunately passed away at home with family around them.  They had been to BKK for the Chinese New Year before returning to the North.  Thais are very family oriented, if a family member possibly is infected and is diagnosed, they are taken away to a hospital, where no one can visit them.  It is not the way many here would wish to pass away, in solitude and without family around....scares people and concerns them so that they do not make those calls to obtain the treatment.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Almost definitely Covid. Sounds like he won't be counted as such..

22 hours ago, metempsychotic said:

"Almost definitely" indeed.

Sure... All of a sudden he couldn't breath and fell over dead after his only symptom was a cough.

I'll go with a heart attack or stroke, but as Tropicalevo said, we'll probably never know.

1 hour ago, AgMech Cowboy said:

Sure... All of a sudden he couldn't breath and fell over dead after his only symptom was a cough.

I'll go with a heart attack or stroke, but as Tropicalevo said, we'll probably never know.

it would seem the nuances of quoted text are far less obvious than I would have hoped.

Edited by metempsychotic
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

Could just be a straight forward heart attack. We will probably never know.

Search the Bangkok Post for:

"Dead taxi driver not infected with Covid-19".

They do not allow links here.

Description of the autopsy results sound like a heart attack.

Bad job of The Nation that I can't find an update!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Search the Bangkok Post for:

"Dead taxi driver not infected with Covid-19".

They do not allow links here.

Description of the autopsy results sound like a heart attack.

Bad job of The Nation that I can't find an update!

Bet you a bottle of jack they didn't test. Usual turn-around is 2-3 days.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Bet you a bottle of jack they didn't test. Usual turn-around is 2-3 days.

Test as such is 4 to 5 hours.

And an autopsy was done.

Why should they cover up while the Bangkok bus driver was tested positive?

Edited by KhunBENQ

14 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

And an autopsy was done.

I think the difference between those cases is that she was actually in the hospital since April 2nd.

2 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

And an autopsy was done.

PCR test is just a couple of hours if expedited ( https://www.who.int/docs/default-source/coronaviruse/conventional-rt-pcr-followed-by-sequencing-for-detection-of-ncov-rirl-nat-inst-health-t.pdf?sfvrsn=42271c6d_4 ), but why would they bother doing something like that just for a dead taxi driver. 

The autopsy was likely concluded after they could rule it a cardiac issue. Why bother testing, it costs $. "Heart stopped", off to bbq, next!

19 hours ago, AgMech Cowboy said:

@metempsychotic and @Jingthing I watched a video posted by "The Epoch Times" yesterday and there was a man talking about a young girl who had no symptoms suddenly dropped dead and mention was made of other older people doing the same. Granted, this was just a local, not a scientist or doctor, talking, but it gives a lot of credibility to your assumptions. So my apologies for jumping up to dispute you.  It could very well have been Covid19 that killed him.

This is a scary virus. The video can be found on youtube at "The Epoch Time" and is titled "China's 'National Day of Morning' Is An Act of Deception".