Not a lot to do around here at the mo!

6 minutes ago, VBF said:

Yeah - I know - I did admit to being flippant - just couldn't resist.

And I have added to my post since

I know you were being flippant.. I was trying to be clever.. I washed the car, swept the garden.. did my laundry.. don't tell me I got nothing to do..  

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, natway09 said:

How about trying to grow some vegetables (you can watch them grow)

I used to sit outside in at night Oz & watch my Asparagus grow 

Most of the seeds I bought from Oz are dudes.  I still have some spring onions, beans and broccoli to try but the one success is yams.  We filled the equivalent of a 200L drum with the last lot.  Not many yam growers around here so no-one knocked back a bag full.   Now we have the bore water supply We should do better this time.  Tik gRows chilli, bell peppers, onions,  mushrooms and the regular Thai herbs. We have Banana, coconut,  Kanoon,  Star fruit,  Dragon fruit, Custard apple....and Ma-muang.  It's not a garden like in Oz!

2 hours ago, Laza 45 said:

I know you were being flippant.. I was trying to be clever.. I washed the car, swept the garden.. did my laundry.. don't tell me I got nothing to do..  

Well i could occupy myself listening to the Statlers any old time! ????????????

In fact I shall dig out my old vinyl "Best Of" LP and digitise it....busy busy..... just another thing to do on lockdown ????????????????

Edited by VBF
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Your so boring Jokes

Bored of being bored ?. 

Treat yourself to a life changing experience . Kindle .

Get one for your wife , she is also bored ...

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, elliss said:

Bored of being bored ?. 

Treat yourself to a life changing experience . Kindle .

Get one for your wife , she is also bored ...

Lol, we have everything, but being cooped up for 6 weeks (our choice), apart from grocery shopping, since the school holidays started has become somewhat boring, I suppose more so because the local water holes that I used to frequent, closed since 20 March, I mean I didn't realise that I would miss the BS that much ????

• Like 1

Action a plenty today!   After my regular walk with the dogs and some breakfast I installed another security camera....with one more to go this arvo.  Checked the tyre pressure on all the inflatable wheels we have...which was lucky as the motorbike tyres were all about 5psi!  Spent half an hour on hold with my bank in Oz and 3 minutes talking to Toni....and man she had one sexy voice!  At the same time I  had morning coffee.  And my first ex-wife said I  wasn't smart enough to do 2 things at once....I've shown that to be a lie! After a lovely mango for lunch...and a couple of home made Cinnamon rolls....and a little snooze,  crikey it's 3 o'clock!  That little snooze may have been a bit longer than I thought.  OK,  down the shed to fit the last security camera......

Although I have loads of things to do, the longer this lockdown goes on the less motivated to do anything I become. Yesterday the wifi went down, but instead of doing some of all the other things I have to do I did nothing. Just went to sleep. In the evening I had to force myself to get up, eat supper watch a couple of DVDs before going back to sleep.

I like the forum because it makes the time go by sooooo fast.

Anybody else on a strict lockdown like in NZ? How are you surviving?

Edited by thaibeachlovers

"Anybody else on a strict lockdown like in NZ? How are you surviving? " Don't know!  I am an Aussie and keeping up with whats happening in Oz is hard enough.....but it would seem on appearances the government in NZ as even more stupid and useless than the R's wipes in Crapberra!  The bar-steeds are selling our country to China......

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Grumpy John said:

"Anybody else on a strict lockdown like in NZ? How are you surviving? " Don't know!  I am an Aussie and keeping up with whats happening in Oz is hard enough.....but it would seem on appearances the government in NZ as even more stupid and useless than the R's wipes in Crapberra!  The bar-steeds are selling our country to China......

If it helps I think your government policies are way better. Unless our lot reverses itself on oil exploration we really are going to be in the deep doodoo.

I also hope they HAVE to stop immigration. It was insane before with low unemployment.

• Like 1

Thaibeachlovers you need to put down horseface for a start!  Jacinda aka Mrs Ed and her rabid crew are destroying NZ.  We Aussie patriots need to get nasty with the scum in Crapberra.  Only trouble is not enough well healed patriots to help outfit our badly needed militia.  ITMT I found a few things to do to fill in the day.  Went over to PhiChit across to Sak Lek and home again.....on the motorbike.  Was pleasantly surprised to find Gasahol 95 was only 17.9/L.  Still amazes me simple things are not available around here.  I need a dozen eye bolts to hook up the wires to the ends of the greenhouse but came up empty handed!  If you watch the video also checkout DW Recycling Straw.

IMG20200418082421[1].jpg

Edited by Grumpy John
smelling

Thought I would spend the morning Farcebooking, TVF surfing and making doughnuts.  Waiting for the dough to rise before rolling and cutting and letting rise some more.  Expected ETA....or should that be ETE (Estimated Time of Eating) about lunchtime!  Have some....allegedly dwarf papaya (Meligor???) seeds to plant in bio degradable grow bags for later transfer to our small block down the road.  Got some Green paint yesterday so 2nd coat on a lot of my boards can go on this arvo.  Fillin' in the day as best we can!

IMG20200419101128[1].jpg

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You are putting the lie to your OP. You do have lots to do.

Not really!  When we busy there is no time for TVF or Farcebook,  no cooking doughnuts or muffins or watching old movies.  And I am spacing out the "do tomorrow jobs" so I  should be  caught up in about 2 weeks.   Plus all the laying about in the banana lounge is causing my rheumatism to flair up! 

15 hours ago, marko kok prong said:

A bit hard to get much done in the garden when it's 43c,and i have developed prickly heat rash.

To true!  My wife gets prickly heat on the buttocks from just sitting around so much...but being a good husband I rub soothing lotion in the effected area. ????

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Grumpy John said:

Not really!  When we busy there is no time for TVF or Farcebook,  no cooking doughnuts or muffins or watching old movies.  And I am spacing out the "do tomorrow jobs" so I  should be  caught up in about 2 weeks.   Plus all the laying about in the banana lounge is causing my rheumatism to flair up! 

I think you are suffering the same problem as I. Plenty to do but just can't be bothered to do much.

Since about a couple of weeks ago under lock down I've had an enthusiasm deficit. Purely psychological and once we are let out of our cages I'll be back to normal.

On 4/18/2020 at 6:24 PM, Grumpy John said:

I need a dozen eye bolts to hook up the wires to the ends of the greenhouse but came up empty handed! 

Don't need proper eye bolts. Just drill a hole and put a piece of bent over double wire through it, and bend at the back to stop coming out. While it may not look as pretty, it will do the job.

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I think you are suffering the same problem as I. Plenty to do but just can't be bothered to do much.

Since about a couple of weeks ago under lock down I've had an enthusiasm deficit. Purely psychological and once we are let out of our cages I'll be back to normal.

I don't suffer from psychological problems...apart from the occasional problem of dealing with Thai's who want to do it their way!  If I am paying for a job to be done it's my way or the highway.  That said it could be the fear of contracting the virus does have an impact.  Like the other day at Makro despite the sign saying trolley handles are disinfected I got a big gob of antiseptic from the dispenser and covered the handles!  Can't be to cautious, can we?  

2 minutes ago, Grumpy John said:

I don't suffer from psychological problems...apart from the occasional problem of dealing with Thai's who want to do it their way!  If I am paying for a job to be done it's my way or the highway.  That said it could be the fear of contracting the virus does have an impact.  Like the other day at Makro despite the sign saying trolley handles are disinfected I got a big gob of antiseptic from the dispenser and covered the handles!  Can't be to cautious, can we?  

It's not really a "problem"; more a condition. I wasn't implying that it's something bad. Once conditions return to normal we will go back to normal, however that is defined. Personally I don't think there is such a thing as "normal". We are all individuals and do things differently.

3 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Don't need proper eye bolts. Just drill a hole and put a piece of bent over double wire through it, and bend at the back to stop coming out. While it may not look as pretty, it will do the job.

Argh!  ????   I will drill holes, for the nutserts and then use eye bolts bought or made by me.  I don't want holes with wire of bolts on the outside where the plastic sheet will be.