Thai PM admits government can only afford single 5,000 baht subsidy payment

webfact

I guess the army needs funds for new uniforms to celebrate the New Songkran after Thailand has beaten Covid with its special cocktail of medicine. :coffee1:

Edited by garrya
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, garrya said:

What money? Thailand hasn't got much left.

What, where are all the US Greenbacks they supposedly have that almost put them on the US Watchlist because of too much of an excess surplus......I guess they can not use it to help out the people, because it would lower the baht, maybe, but I am always wrong...

• Like 1

Please stop about the submarines. I have a better solution.

Cancel any contracts with Japan & (or) China for high speed trains.

Put the high speed airport link trains on hold for 3 years & then reasses

Put in budget 10% of the above costs to start making all trains dual track on all existing lines 

& upgrade infrastructure if any money left.

Now you can pay the poor for 2 more months

Yesterday the PM said they didn't have one baht!      “The one trillion baht loan is just numbers on paper. The Government doesn’t have a single baht and several people have started dividing up the money already,” said the Prime Minister.      Why is the Baht exchange rate going the wrong way? You should surely be getting more baht for your dollar! They must be spending billions on proping up their currency, whilst the people starve. https://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?from=USD&to=THB&view=1W

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ravip said:

Seriously, Thailand should be handed over to the TVF experts to Govern. Seems all the 'governing experts' have arrived in Thailand!

Good idea. Couldn't be worse than the usurpers. I nominate Gunther from the barstool at Soi 6 for PM. Again, couldn't be worse.

• Haha 2

Be like other Governments Prayut , print money , you are always bragging how good the Thai economy is going, show everyone some leadership and help your people and with that fabulous economy you'll be able to pay it back in no time and no hunger riots on the streets as well.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, The Barmbeker said:

Soon, some will not have any other choice!

But go ahead and defend the Thai- government!

your assertion that thai government should just print up a million thb

for each citizen is flawed logics, and your blaming this particular government

for not having the institution tradition to have each mans economy cataloged

is equally flawed, a controlled nanny state takes a very long time to build up,

and can be expected to take even longer in thailand due to greed, lack of ethics, and corruption

21 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Pretty hard to chew on them when the stomach is grumbling.

pretty hard to have any civilization to begin with without infrastructure,

i dont fancy trains personally so it wouldnt be my first order of business,

but the basic idea on investing in infrastructure is in the right direction

Edited by brokenbone

11 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Take the rest out of the trough, or have you greedy <deleted> cleaned that out already ?

It seems it is  not all gold that shines in Thailand......

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-04-10/thailand-mulls-local-foreign-borrowing-for-30-6-billion-debt

Edited by david555
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, brokenbone said:

your assertion that thai government should just print up a million thb

for each citizen is flawed logics, and your blaming this particular government

for not having the institution tradition to have each mans economy cataloged

is equally flawed, a controlled nanny state takes a very long time to build up,

and can be expected to take even longer in thailand due to greed, lack of ethics, and corruption

What the #$@% are you on about?

I am not as stupid as you think and I know, that it takes some time to build up what you call a "Nanny state"!

What doesn't take as long, is taking some money out of some useless high- profile programs, that NO ONE needs at the monet (like hi- speed rail and military spending) and divert it to FEED PEOPLE!

And that is all that needs to be done at the moment!

Unlless you want to use the many trains and newly build roads (something that the government usually does not care for much, either!) to transport a bunch of starved corpses from A to B!

Good day, sir!

1 hour ago, brokenbone said:

pretty hard to have any civilization to begin with without infrastructure,

i dont fancy trains personally so it wouldnt be my first order of business,

but the basic idea on investing in infrastructure is in the right direction

You are talking about this country, as if it was a barren wasteland and streets were just iunvented yesterday!

You are aware, that roads and trains EXIST already and maybe....just maybe...upgrading them or building new ones can wait for the momment!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, The Barmbeker said:

What the #$@% are you on about?

I am not as stupid as you think and I know, that it takes some time to build up what you call a "Nanny state"!

What doesn't take as long, is taking some money out of some useless high- profile programs, that NO ONE needs at the monet (like hi- speed rail and military spending) and divert it to FEED PEOPLE!

And that is all that needs to be done at the moment!

Unlless you want to use the many trains and newly build roads (something that the government usually does not care for much, either!) to transport a bunch of starved corpses from A to B!

Good day, sir!

i could be wrong, but i presume the dotted line is already signed on train/ military hardware,

if it isnt, then yes it can be postponed

49 minutes ago, The Barmbeker said:

You are talking about this country, as if it was a barren wasteland and streets were just iunvented yesterday!

You are aware, that roads and trains EXIST already and maybe....just maybe...upgrading them or building new ones can wait for the momment!

let this pic symbolize the state of thailands infrastructure,

and like i stated, if the contract is already signed, its too late to back out

cables.jpg

9 minutes ago, brokenbone said:

i could be wrong, but i presume the dotted line is already signed on train/ military hardware,

if it isnt, then yes it can be postponed

Rubbish, I can guarantee there will be a force majeure clause in the contracts, we are seeing signed contracts being cancelled left right and centre in our line of work!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, monkfish said:

Oh oh seems there's been another Communication Error or Misunderstanding and there will now be enough for 3 months.
Just wait for confirmation in the english news now.

Yes, I see he’s apologized and said something along the lines of he misspoke of it was a misunderstanding. Apparently there is enough for 3 months it’s just the last two months still have to have their budget approved. Still - makes you wonder why so many eligible people haven’t got their first 5k yet. 

Amazing how the elite here can come out and say something that causes huge panic within the public, then simply say it was a ‘misunderstanding’ when they realise they messed up. Like it was a small matter. Yet, for example; when Facebook users write incorrect information about covid19, they often get arrested. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, transam said:

No social security....?

No not much.how can they have a Organised Social System .Most Low earning  people Don't pay Tax & Aren't   registered.  How can they be collecting Social Security payments if they Don't pay tax?

1 minute ago, digger70 said:

No not much.how can they have a Organised Social System .Most Low earning  people Don't pay Tax & Aren't   registered.  How can they be collecting Social Security payments if they Don't pay tax?

Correct..

• Like 1

6 hours ago, hashmodha said:

Please could someone multiply 9,000,000×5,000 for me?

My calculator says.  4.5e10

Does this mean 4.5 Billion...

50 billion baht? mentioned above!?

9,000,000 x 9,000 + 45,000,000,000 (45 Billion)

5 Billion for unforseen expenses and admin.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, torturedsole said:

It will.  This isn't going to end well but the population of LOS will come out on top.  Trust me.  

The general population NEVER come out on top.

Word. 

Edited by Skeptic7