Roadblock Watch

SidJames

2 minutes ago, Inderpland said:

I just passed Pattaya Klang driving on 3rd Rd and no sign of any roadblock when looking up towards Suk Rd. AFAIK there should have been one just passed Big C.

No, one draft of the plan showed it at the Big C junction but it was subsequently moved to the southbound lane of Sukhumvit, just north of the Klang junction.

1 minute ago, Inderpland said:

I just passed Pattaya Klang driving on 3rd Rd and no sign of any roadblock when looking up towards Suk Rd. AFAIK there should have been one just passed Big C.

Of course you wouldn't see as they are all on East side of Sukhumvit. All checkpoints are working.

5 minutes ago, Inderpland said:

According to treetops there is at least one checkpoint on Suk as well.

They are all on Sukhumvit, but on the eastside lanes.

Refresher:

--Sukhumvit eastside lanes go North to South.

--Sukhumvit westside lanes go South to North.

Edited by couchpotato

3 minutes ago, johng said:

Reported that checkpoint 8 was backed up to the Ambassador hotel earlier on ..I'll go have a look soon.

Yes saw that when I was there yesterday. As it's the first checkpoint coming from Sattahip, Bang Saray etc, then all traffic coming from the South must go thru it--no choice.

Checkpoint #1 will also be the same, as it is the first checkpoint all the Laem Chabang/Siracha traffic hit.--also no choice (although darksiders have the choice to head up 36).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dabhand said:

Queued in Lane 4, only about 3/4 vehicles in front of me, just showed an A4 size copy of my Thai DL to an army guy and was quickly waved on. Hardly looked at the copy, The lights were at green so straight through to the U-turn heading back north.

Perfect example of why this lockdown doesn't make sense and has no purpose or benefits as well.

During the weekend Bangkok people will also have no problem entering the city

19 minutes ago, couchpotato said:

Yes saw that when I was there yesterday. As it's the first checkpoint coming from Sattahip

Well (just now) at 15.30  it was all clear  obviously  not a rush hour at that time.

Does anyone know whether delivery services like Kerry and Lazada coming  from outside the exclusion zone are being allowed in as per normal. I need a new laptop and don't fancy waiting at least until the end of the month to buy it. 

What amazes me is the humongous canopies they were able to put up in days.....The cost of the canopies had to have been huge....A massive effort for the most just to take someones temperature? and maybe a bit of paper work...

There has to be more to this limp noodle lockdown roadshow......

Edited by fforest1

1 hour ago, fforest1 said:

What amazes me is the humongous canopies they were able to put up in days.....The cost of the canopies had to have been huge....A massive effort for the most just to take someones temperature? and maybe a bit of paper work...

There has to be more to this limp noodle lockdown roadshow......

I hope they keep them past this mess.... Gets very hot sitting there awaiting the light change ????

• Haha 1