Roadblock Watch

SidJames

1 hour ago, Dart12 said:

@scubascuba3  you have a link in regards to this?

I'm trying to decide where to move next.  If I can go from Jomtien to central, I think I'd move there for the bigger, newer places.  If they keeping the blockade, it's best if I stay inside it with access to all the amenities in Central/Beach.  

but time is ticking on securing a place.

It was mentioned here or on Facebook but it was changing by the hour yesterday, it should be clear by tomorrow

Edited by scubascuba3
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, scubascuba3 said:

Ah that's strange i just had a temperature check going North Sunday, sounds like they are getting strict again

Yes, first time I get so much hassle and such a big queue.. It obviouly depends upon the guy..  this morning was very strict..

Update as of 5pm today.

Went thru 3 checkpoints between 3pm-5pm. (Chaiyapruek, Watboon and Tepprasit). All functioning normally.

Temp check and looked at my A4 pink ID on the dash. Thru all 3 in about one minute.

Very easy.

PS:  they do not seem to be dismantling anything.

The barricades will continue until 4 May and be taken down on the 5th.

"The Pattaya City Mayor, Mr. Sonthaya Khunpluem, spoke with local news media in Pattaya today and stated that the checkpoints which close Pattaya City to the general public will run through May 4. The city is planned to be returned to normal access on May 5."

https://thepattayanews.com/2020/04/30/pattaya-city-mayor-says-current-checkpoints-will-go-through-may-4-end-may-5/

To show you how random it is................my girl went into Pattaya from the darkside yesterday...........she lives in Pattaya  but still has her address up north on her driving licence..............she was turned back for not having the permit to enter pattaya

Anyway she comes back home picks up a permit which i/d downloaded and heads back into town

This second time waved straight through ...no checks of any kind...same checkpoint

Total waste of a trip back home...........

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, thaiflyer1 said:

To show you how random it is................my girl went into Pattaya from the darkside yesterday...........she lives in Pattaya  but still has her address up north on her driving licence..............she was turned back for not having the permit to enter pattaya

Anyway she comes back home picks up a permit which i/d downloaded and heads back into town

This second time waved straight through ...no checks of any kind...same checkpoint

Total waste of a trip back home...........

What the odds, gf son driving from bkk to central pattaya to collect her to drive back to bkk today, have no paperwork?

15 minutes ago, Olmate said:

What the odds, gf son driving from bkk to central pattaya to collect her to drive back to bkk today, have no paperwork?

I/d get the permit sorted if he has not already left............either download one or get from 7-11 i think

edit heres the forms

Edited by thaiflyer1

37 minutes ago, thaiflyer1 said:

I/d get the permit sorted if he has not already left............either download one or get from 7-11 i think

edit heres the forms

Many thanks for that,he,s left unfortunately so we,ll see...  cheers 

4 hours ago, Olmate said:

Many thanks for that,he,s left unfortunately so we,ll see...  cheers 

End result. Stopped 3 times, last just out of Pattaya, no paperwork requested, just asked destination. Pattaya city, no problem but cannot go on to Sattahip! 

46 minutes ago, Olmate said:

End result. Stopped 3 times, last just out of Pattaya, no paperwork requested, just asked destination. Pattaya city, no problem but cannot go on to Sattahip! 

Cannot go to from Pattaya to Sattahip on suk road ?

5 minutes ago, Olmate said:

That’s what he was told,he had no paperwork tho

Interesting, I went up to hardware house after i went to Foodland and no issue/no stops.

As I was not entering Pattaya there were no stops.

Edited by Don Mega

Seems odd as there are supposed to be "through lanes" for people heading South (towards Sattahip) and from other posts it seemed like they were only checking people trying to turn towards Pattaya (Northbound).

15 minutes ago, Kerryd said:

Seems odd as there are supposed to be "through lanes" for people heading South (towards Sattahip) and from other posts it seemed like they were only checking people trying to turn towards Pattaya (Northbound).

No idea really ,he is from bkk with bkk rego ,the only thing I thought of was the quarantine area being in Sattahip?

50 minutes ago, Olmate said:

No idea really ,he is from bkk with bkk rego ,the only thing I thought of was the quarantine area being in Sattahip?

my car has BKK rego, ive not had issue with road stops.

Not heard of a Sattahip quarantine.

Edited by Don Mega

1 hour ago, Don Mega said:

my car has BKK rego, ive not had issue with road stops.

Not heard of a Sattahip quarantine.

There isn't one in Sattahip.

I went to town today & it took about 15 mins to get through the 1st northbound checkpoint.

They had closed the 3rd lane which forced everyone into 2 lanes & then opened it back up to 3 lanes about 50 metres before the checkpoint but leaving the 4th outside lane clear for anyone going right to the DS or uturning to which the smartarse drivers just went down the outside 4th lane then cut in right before the checkpoint & so backing traffic up.

Military or whoever they are just stood & watched.

All it needed were a few cones moved & all issues would have been resolved.

First time I was asked for the 7/11 printout as well which was a spot of luck on my behalf because it was the first time that I had bothered to print it out & bring it with me.

The lady didn't bother reading it just wanted to see it which was handy as I have worse handwriting than a doctor writing out a prescription.

3 minutes ago, Olmate said:

Didn’t,t inference that,I thought perhaps the area was not accessible to bkk folk for that reason, never claimed it to be the case.

So why post ?

Never has been any kind of restriction to drive to Sattahip.

baseless scaremongering once again.

Edited by Don Mega

3 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

So why post ?

Never has been any kind of restriction to drive to Sattahip.

baseless scaremongering once again.

Typical response, time to read the thread why I posted the thread maybe!

10 hours ago, Olmate said:

Unless your coming from bkk with no paperwork is what I understand ,

Makes no sense as from BKK to Sattahip there is no stops/check points to pass through.

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Wongkitlo said:

Hi. I want to come from Trat to Sri Racha. I know I can get to Chantaburi ok. Does anyone think I will have any troubles? Cheers

Shouldn't be any problems as you won't be entering Pattaya city at all. Haven't heard of them stopping anyone from travelling from one province to another (except Phuket of course).

• Like 1