Intensive COVID checks to start in Bang Tao area

webfact

Intensive COVID checks to start in Bang Tao area

By Eakkapop Thongtub

1587102904_1-org.jpg

Phuket health chief Dr Thanit Sermkaew said the campaign will begin in the Bang Tao area tomorrow (Apr 18). Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: Officials will begin an intensive campaign tomorrow (Apr 18) to identify any people in the Bang Tao area who may be infected with COVID-19.

The news came at the meeting of the Phuket Communicable Disease Committee chaired by Phuket Governor Phakaphong Tavipatana yesterday.

Dr Thanit Sermkaew, Chief of the Phuket Public Health Office (PHHO), said of yesterday’s report of zero confirmed new cases (see here), “That is welcome news, but we cannot let our guard down.”

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/intensive-covid-checks-to-start-in-bang-tao-area-75733.php

reuters_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Reuters 2020-04-17

Strict roadblock from haad Surin to Bang Tao this morning. Only essential stuff being allowed through even locals refused to drive into and out of the area. Water trucks and other delivery stuff allowed from my observations.

I witnessed a few cars and a handful of Thai's refused exit and entry out and into BTao.

I was not allowed through to Tescos for shopping told to go to Kamala Bic C as there was a lockdown for this local area above and beyond the general orders to not congregate, stay home, follow nighttime curfew orders etc). 

45 minutes ago, Tropposurfer said:

Strict roadblock from haad Surin to Bang Tao this morning. Only essential stuff being allowed through even locals refused to drive into and out of the area. Water trucks and other delivery stuff allowed from my observations.

I witnessed a few cars and a handful of Thai's refused exit and entry out and into BTao.

I was not allowed through to Tescos for shopping told to go to Kamala Bic C as there was a lockdown for this local area above and beyond the general orders to not congregate, stay home, follow nighttime curfew orders etc). 

Seems a lockdown in line with anywhere else?