Bangkok booze ban: Extension decision Monday

rooster59

Bangkok booze ban: Extension decision Monday

bo.JPG

Image: Daily News

Daily News reported that top level officials at the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration debated extending the city's alcohol ban at a meeting in Phra Nakhon district on Friday.

The meeting was chaired by governor Gen Aswin Kwanmuang.

Thailand's capital has a ban on the sale of alcohol from the 10th of April to the 20th meaning that the ban would finish on Monday.

A decision is expected then about whether to extend the ban.

Daily News did not speculate as to what that decision might be.

Meanwhile mobile SWAB testing uncovered three new cases.

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-04-18

Are Thailand's Governors elected or put in position? 

A few days ago I remember reading about Phuket's governor going to be repositioned to another province. Which seems unfair to the people in the other province because their governer will be all pissy. 

4 hours ago, Thunder26 said:

It might be the reduction in road fatalities, but this is largely due to the lockdown and less cars on the road. Nothing to do with the alcohol ban.

Are you for real? There are loads of alcohol related traffic accidents and deaths.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, keithet said:

A few days ago I remember reading about Phuket's governor going to be repositioned to another province. Which seems unfair to the people in the other province because their governer will be all

To reduce the amount of bogus elections, they get appointed by the ministry if interior. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, keithet said:

A few days ago I remember reading about Phuket's governor going to be repositioned to another province. Which seems unfair to the people in the other province because their governer will be all pissy. 

They are appointed bureaucrats shuffled around from province to province. Most of them have little to no connection with the provinces they're assigned to govern. It's a travesty that Thai people cannot elect the governors making consequential decisions for their provinces.

Normally the only exception is Bangkok, which for some reason is allowed to elect its governor. But the current Bangkok governor was appointed after the last coup so he was not elected either. Bangkok is supposed to hold an election for governor later this year. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dekestone said:

Just how long do you think the Sirivadhanabhakdi family (4th richest in Thailand, distributors of Chang, Mekhong and Sangsom) and Bhirombakdi Family (Boonrawd Brewery, Singha Corp.) will put up with this? They buy and sell Thai politicians all the time.

Lets hope they wont put up with it too much longer..my stash is running low.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, robertson468 said:

I believe that this has nothing to do with the Virus.  It is people who have been given power and think that they know better than anyone else and inflict their autocratic rules on others.  It's called POWER!  The consumption of alcohol is not illegal, therefore the purchase of it is not illegal.  A case of Govenors et al abusing their power and denying citizens their human rights. 

???? alcohol human rights ????

Anyway if i were a betting man id bet that BKK will extend to the 30th too

Just now, blackcab said:

I suspect your suspection is also bang on.

And we won't make it ...

At least not without cracking a bottle or two of rocket fuel, the beer will run out on Thursday.

3 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

Are you for real? There are loads of alcohol related traffic accidents and deaths.

Is that a guess, or do you have some information? I've been searching for figures, but it all seems to have gone quiet on this subject.

The only info I found were these graphs which seem to show a significant reduction in accidents and deaths this last month.

http://rvpreport.rvpeservice.com/viewrsc.aspx?report=0685&session=16