RIP Pattaya

Silent Tiger

3 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

With the ''blue'' taxi at 10 bahts (songteaw) you don't have to talk to the driver

just wave it when it comes, go inside. ring the bell when you want stop, go to the

cabin, give the 10 baht (Better to always have few 10 bahts coins with you for it) and move.

If you talk to him, asking to specific direction and a price, they think you want to ''privatise''

the taxi only for you, or you want go to a place wich is not on the normal route so the price increase to 100. 200 or more.

If you want take it when return from walking street in the night, walk to second road

there are here waiting, you need to go in the first in the queue, and it starts when it's full

of people. The price is still 10 bahts.

Of course if you don't want to walk from walking street to second road, if you don't

want to wait untill the taxi is full or if you want go to a specific location not on the normal route, you have to pay a special price, nothing wrong with it

They were parked at bottom of walking street & no others anywhere & pissing it down so thought they had us over a barrel 3 times it happend same trip about 2004 !!! we did walk to 2nd road and get one but my point is robbing tourists again we didnt use them but others may have done !!!

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, pineapple01 said:

I think its possible that it seemed like Germans because they were Ignorant and Arrogant like Chinese are today. I was there,and in reality it was Scandinavians,England and Europeans,  the Russian Invasion was the Wind of Change.

American Navy- Military dropping anchor for r&r very much helped it along. Now not so many. I too have spent some time in Pattaya and even recently just before it closed and it was a lot of fun still.

• Like 1

On 4/21/2020 at 1:18 PM, petermik said:

You are repeating a story that crops up at least once a year for the past 20 odd years....:whistling:

give it a rest :thumbsup:

lol fella are you living in a parallel universe

Whilst I doubt Pattaya is finished it certainly will be very different come this time next year I'd imagine 60% of venues wiped out probably higher

• Like 1

4 hours ago, WillyPlatt said:

Just watched the most depressing yet daily UK government press conference.

The chief medical officer basically said that we are stuffed until a vaccine/treatment is found. They don't seem to have a clue or could care less about relaxing the restrictions.

I am not being to dramatic to say that the next 1 or 2 years in the UK is going to be like living in a prison camp.

The question will be for some, me included, is can i get to Thailand to live. 

I don't think people realise how serious this is.

They won't stop until there are no jobs left, That press conference should really be on Economic measures and the virus update just a side show

• Like 1

12 hours ago, yogi100 said:

It was the the Germans who really opened up Pattaya as an international holiday destination.

Yes I remember it like that, they were the rich Europeans back then and I felt they were slightly miffed to see quite a few Brits showing up. A lot of those Brits were based in The Middle East working..... I remember them as good times and likely the peak of Thailand for me. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

I think that's why people used to marry young when really naive. As men get older they should be wise enough to avoid it...

It wasn,t naivety that caused me to marry when I was young it was the fact that I was a devilish handsome chap that had difficulty keeping sexy beautiful girls at bay...I married a millionaires daughter and was very happy for a long time then the muck hit the fan and with the divorce settlement that followed I have been able to enjoy a lifestyle over here that others less fortunate can only dream about.....how,s about that then.....:clap2:

p.s. must nip down soi Buk shortly another food handout :thumbsup:

7 minutes ago, petermik said:

It wasn,t naivety that caused me to marry when I was young it was the fact that I was a devilish handsome chap that had difficulty keeping sexy beautiful girls at bay...I married a millionaires daughter and was very happy for a long time then the muck hit the fan and with the divorce settlement that followed I have been able to enjoy a lifestyle over here that others less fortunate can only dream about.....how,s about that then.....:clap2:

p.s. must nip down soi Buk shortly another food handout :thumbsup:

Yeah it's not all bad, my parents are still married after 60+ years, but i recall the odds of divorce being 1 in 2, the woman has very little to lose, the man often very much to lose, but things are changing with women having much better jobs these days, will be interesting if they begin to opt to not getting married

On 4/21/2020 at 7:34 PM, Don Mega said:

Pattaya is fantastic now... No smelly tourists from the UK/Russia/Europe/ETC ETC  and no hordes of chines in tourist busses.

hopefully it moves forward and never returns to  time gone by.

Which tourists are you ok with?

Edited by hansnl

23 minutes ago, wombat said:

I'm told if you have 350 thousand baht a month rent money it can be arranged.

Thats actually cheaper than I thought, only  need to sell 3.2 boxes of beer a day @ 200 per bottle to cover that.

Edited by Don Mega
  • Like 1