RIP Pattaya

Silent Tiger

31 minutes ago, Silent Tiger said:

Not at all its a fact other places in Thailand havent done the same & thats why they are busy pre the covid times !!! the bars of Pattaya have gone  

So you judge a place just on bars? zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Inn Between said:

Thinking about its history and reading some of the posts here, I'd say that the local population of Pattaya was likely exploited to a degree back in the early days of establishing its hospitality industry, but that was reversed over time, becoming so lopsided that tourist numbers dropped off with people choosing other locations that were fresher or had not given into excessive greed. Jacking up prices excessively while offering less, has killed the confidence needed to lure enough tourists to Pattaya.

Perhaps this complete shutdown of the hospitality industry there can give bar and venue owners, as well as their employees, a chance to do a "reset" and approach the business in a way that serves customers and makes a fair profit instead of exploiting them. It's a long shot, but maybe something will be learned from this by Pattaya business people. There was a time there when it was good balance for both the businesses and the customers. Maybe it can happen again. 

Nicely put Inn Between its a shame for the hard working honest traders of Pattaya ive seen baht taxis jack up the price to 100b when pissing down with rain its a game of give & take hopefully it might change when times are back normal  !!!

• Confused 2

2 hours ago, shy coconut said:

Anyhow, the chaps who habitually visit Pattaya are currently bored sat at home in europe.,

Australia and wherever else, champing at the bit to get back there.

I reckon once the planes start flying again there will be a huge influx of the people

who enjoyed the seedier side to Pattaya.

The Thais will come down en masse from Bangkok on the weekend and the Chinese,

Russian and other folk will come too.

There is still plenty of life in the old dog yet....

I agree. And its not called the oldest profession for nothing...

6 hours ago, kingdong said:

What's the seven winning numbers on the euro millions lottery next tuesday?

3 9 12 15 34 - 40 23   

If you win send me half, thanks. You can transfer to my Kasikorn account.  

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, connda said:

TAT says that Pattaya with be ram-jam-full of tourists come August spear-headed by the Chinese and no doubt the Indians too. 

<pfft>  Want some of what TAT's smoking man?  Golden Triangle poppy-powder.  The future be coming up roses!

This is the utopian Pattaya we've all been waiting for.  Isn't life wonderful!

Edited by torturedsole

if the ladyboys offered a gold neckless to every tourist wanting to experience pattaya then there might be a slight chance of survival. Sadly they would be drugged and left with nothing, even the hotel door chain would be missing. RIP Pattaya if this is possible

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, lee b said:

if the ladyboys offered a gold neckless to every tourist wanting to experience pattaya then there might be a slight chance of survival. Sadly they would be drugged and left with nothing, even the hotel door chain would be missing. RIP Pattaya if this is possible

I do hope the Indian guys don't stray into Patts for at least the next five years.  They really have no comprehension of what happens in Pattaya's glorious fallow periods.  

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, connda said:

TAT says that Pattaya with be ram-jam-full of tourists come August spear-headed by the Chinese and no doubt the Indians too. 

<pfft>  Want some of what TAT's smoking man?  Golden Triangle poppy-powder.  The future be coming up roses!

Scuba scuba announced today that pattaya will be chalk full of tourists in a month,he guarantees it.

in a month will see if his projections are correct.

9 hours ago, kingdong said:

Perhaps pattaya will have to evolve or die,it was going down the gurgler for the past few years before now,

Gogos were at their best for years so if anything was in a tail spin it was bars, so Gogos should recover, bars hit badly and less massage shops in the future. Less Indian restaurants also but who cares about that

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Gogos were at their best for years so if anything was in a tail spin it was bars, so Gogos should recover, bars hit badly and less massage shops in the future. Less Indian restaurants also but who cares about that

Gogos were at their best??????????

please explain, with the exception of several of the 80-90 the rest have been desolate at best.High barfines and rising costs for the gals, combined with dozens of closures in the last few years. Quality is has never been that poor( exception of several)

have you ever been to pattaya scuba???????

with comments like that I'm starting to wonder. 

Edited by Ron jeremy
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, champers said:

Hardly a representative survey, but I know of 2 people back in the UK who work for the NHS and they will be back like a shot for their 3 weeks as soon as this is over

Better get the red carpet ready,those 2 will really help. Be more pragmatic, let us hope your friends don't get infected first, then you presume flights will be allowed in, and your friends will need to wait until the 2 week isolation obligation is removed. And will anywhere be able to reopen making a return worthwhile. It isn't going to be over quickly, more a long phased recovery. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Liverpoolfan said:

I agree with everything you said mate. Foreigners have been taken advantage of way too much down there. 

the glory days are over. 

back to fishing and good old fashioned hard work now boys & girls. No more free meals.

You had yer chance and you blew it! 

Can agree and been in Thailand only 3 years. The grab taxi prices in pattaya increased by 300%+ and less buses accepting customers compared to 2017. Rip Uber. 

As for a honest Normal taxi in pattaya? In 3 years and half I never met one. That doesn’t exist nowadays. They all say no meter. 

best part is.. I always ask taxis price if they say no meter. They ask me 1000 baht for 15 min lmao. So I take grab for 500 for 15 min (overpriced af but ye), and they bitch at grab driver when he arrives. 

Edited by Drax
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Don Mega said:

Pattaya is fantastic now... No smelly tourists from the UK/Russia/Europe/ETC ETC  and no hordes of chines in tourist busses.

hopefully it moves forward and never returns to  time gone by.

I assume you are not 'UK/Russian/European..' .. then ??