Possible end to Pattaya lockdown set to be discussed today

webfact

10 hours ago, brucec64 said:

It's all about minimizing risk. If activities are limited to essential trips, instead of some a-hole hanging out drinking on soi bukao, risks are limited.  When people engage in non essential activities, and most likely not even trying to social distance, they increase the risk for all substantially. This selfish attitude is why strict lockdown are necessary.  

You can lock yourself down if you wish. Some of us don't wish to be prisoners, and we know how to protect ourselves.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Leaver said:

Looking at it from a risk assessment point of view, do you think you would get a ventilator here, and a chance of living? 

Google "ventilators are killing patients" to find out why it's not a good idea to be put on a ventilator for a Corona infection.

Be ironic if many of the deaths were caused by the treatment and not the disease.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, tomster said:

Yes.

Most people are capable of using their brain and figuring out that you have much more chance of getting ill from the food you are eating in the restaurant than by catching Coronavirus.

Or by dying in a road accident on the way the bar. Or by electrocution when you turn the light on in the toilet of the restaurant. Or from get a bone stuck in your throat when you eat your meal there.

These are all things that are much more likely to kill you than Coronavirus, you seriously need to get some perspective in your life and stop with the paranoid stuff.

WELL SAID....

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Susco said:

Richard Barrow didn't jump any gun, he just reported the news as it became available.

It are the armchair experts on this forum who took his reports out of its context, because comprehension is not their strongest talent.

Ending the Pattaya lock down applies to removing the blockades to enter Pattaya, and nothing more than that.

It are the possible additional easing of restrictions that are discussed by the Pattaya government today.

Words mean everything. English is a rich langauge, but words can be open to interpretation if not used accurately.  He has been caught out more than once, for example his reports a while ago on what is happening at BKK, that have proved to be misleading due to sloppy reporting.  I know, because I was there on that day he reported and I didn't recognise any of his opinions on what was going on. I don't necessarily think that he is any better or any worse than any other media reporter, he's just not the fountain of all knowledge that he is sometimes held up to be on TVF. He is just one more person posting on social media, that's all, no better, no worse.  

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Eindhoven said:

It's not about protecting yourself, but protecting everyone else from you.

When we all do that, we are protected. But as usual, we have the MORONS who think that it doesn't apply to them.

Half of those who test positive for COVID-19 present NO SYMPTOMS.

So the brain dead idiots who fail to wear their masks properly or fail to wear them at all,

If you are not spraying droplets from your mouth through speaking, coughing, or sneezing, you are not infecting others directly.  Infected surfaces are another matter, also very dangerous.  

I do not like seeing people without masks walking around either, but the risk is low unless you get in front of them within 6-8 feet and let them infect you.  AFAIK

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Skallywag said:

If you are not spraying droplets from your mouth through speaking, coughing, or sneezing, you are not infecting others directly.  Infected surfaces are another matter, also very dangerous.  

I do not like seeing people without masks walking around either, but the risk is low unless you get in front of them within 6-8 feet and let them infect you.  AFAIK

80% of transmission is in the home where people don't wear masks

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

80% of transmission is in the home where people don't wear masks

Possibly but where did you get that statistic? 

Anyway for people living together the general advice is its practically impossible to avoid potential asymptomatic infection between them if one becomes infected. 

However anyone that shows symptoms should be isolated either in the home or much better but not necessarily possible outside the home. 

There is no perfect protocol that will prevent all infections. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Eindhoven said:

Bull locks. Most of the idiots on Soi Bua Khao can neither protect themselves nor anyone else.

Half of them fail to wear their masks properly, if they bother to wear a mask at all. 

It's not about protecting yourself, but protecting everyone else from you.

When we all do that, we are protected. But as usual, we have the MORONS who think that it doesn't apply to them.

Half of those who test positive for COVID-19 present NO SYMPTOMS.

So the brain dead idiots who fail to wear their masks properly or fail to wear them at all, because of some pathetic reasoning known only to themselves, are putting others at risk.

But why should they care about anyone else, when they think they are soon dead anyway?

Again, this logic of "It's not about protecting yourself, but protecting everyone else from you" is flawed.  If the only people that go out are the people who are willingly taking the risk, and the people who choose not to take that risk stay in their rooms, there is no need to "protect everyone else from you".  All of the "idiots" on Soi Bua Khao would know they are taking the risk of infection.  

If the sky is falling crowd is right, then you should rejoice at the Darwinism that will take place, leaving less idiots and more safety conscious people in Pattaya, making it an even funner place than it was before.

• Sad 1

22 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Where will his tourists come from that he is so anxious to have arrive.  If the other provinces and domestic flights are not opened up, what is his big hurry?  or is it because he disenfranchised the neighboring cities whose people go to Pattaya for shopping....

Freedom !!

2 hours ago, tlock said:

Again, this logic of "It's not about protecting yourself, but protecting everyone else from you" is flawed.  If the only people that go out are the people who are willingly taking the risk, and the people who choose not to take that risk stay in their rooms, there is no need to "protect everyone else from you".  All of the "idiots" on Soi Bua Khao would know they are taking the risk of infection.  

If the sky is falling crowd is right, then you should rejoice at the Darwinism that will take place, leaving less idiots and more safety conscious people in Pattaya, making it an even funner place than it was before.

So you are saying at risk, or just intelligent people, cant go out for essential items and services, just so you can go out and get <deleted>? What kind of person are you?

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, brucec64 said:

So you are saying at risk, or just intelligent people, cant go out for essential items and services, just so you can go out and get <deleted>? What kind of person are you?

I think that you already know the answer to your question.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, brucec64 said:

Ah- I understand.  You don't think it's possible to stay in your room.  I've been ordering food and groceries online and haven't needed to leave my condo for the last 2 weeks.

Not so I can go out and get <deleted>.  So that we don't destroy hundreds of millions of jobs worldwide causing far more damage in the future.  

7 hours ago, brucec64 said:

Nobody else will say it, so I will. I am not my brother's keeper. You must be from a nanny state where everybody took care of you; I'm not. You wanting to live the rest of your life in fear, has squat to do with me.

I don't believe the Thai numbers; I think they're higher, but I frankly don't care. I'll be the first in the bar with no mask and a smile on my face. Not because I'm an alcoholic I visit maybe once a week, or looking for women as I have a gf here, but because I fight for the 'old normal'.

And I'm one of those grumpy (sometimes), old (definitely) men.

Now you can go off on how many lives I'm putting in danger that I don't care about. Maybe you should move to your safe space.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/24/2020 at 11:50 AM, baansgr said:

I'm desperate for a haircut and salons are already open....but no way am I gonna put my health in jeopardy...will people really feel comfortable visiting restaurants and bars in the immediate future... especially when wearing a mask is compulsory along with sitting at separate tables....if strict measures are not adhered to those numbers will soon jump....it's a shame but we ain't getting back to normal in Pattaya no time soon

Impossible to sit in a bar with a mask on and drink at same time .Cheers

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, frantick said:

Nobody else will say it, so I will. I am not my brother's keeper. You must be from a nanny state where everybody took care of you; I'm not. You wanting to live the rest of your life in fear, has squat to do with me.

I don't believe the Thai numbers; I think they're higher, but I frankly don't care. I'll be the first in the bar with no mask and a smile on my face. Not because I'm an alcoholic I visit maybe once a week, or looking for women as I have a gf here, but because I fight for the 'old normal'.

And I'm one of those grumpy (sometimes), old (definitely) men.

Now you can go off on how many lives I'm putting in danger that I don't care about. Maybe you should move to your safe space.

Interesting post.

It's because of your attitude that the place is shut down.

As for not being your brother's keeper, would you want to risk killing your brother?  You probably would, because brother, stranger, same same, all about me me me me.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Skallywag said:

If all the people that are scared of catching it stayed in their room and never went out they probably have zero chance of catching it, except from the food delivered by an infected person. Oh dear not safe anywhere.

I'll take my chances, far as I'm allowed ( I see no point on paying money to the state in fines ), and if someone is afraid, just stay away from me or any of the others like me. I'm not coughing or sneezing, and if I was I wouldn't go out. BTW, most people I see in the supermarket are like me, and there are no cases in the town of Corona in the past 4 weeks.

Crikey, it's like people are afraid if someone without a mask just looks at them from 10 meters away they'll catch it from them.

Chances are all the people walking around not wearing or not wearing masks properly will still be walking around when it's all over, and those afraid will still be at risk because they are not immune.

6 hours ago, Leaver said:

Interesting post.

It's because of your attitude that the place is shut down.

As for not being your brother's keeper, would you want to risk killing your brother?  You probably would, because brother, stranger, same same, all about me me me me.  

No it's not. It's because the authorities decided to shut it down. Sweden made the right call, IMO.

They now think that some Corona patients were possibly killed by the ventilators they were put on. No doubt more clever minds than mine are looking at that right now.

Life isn't safe. Every time I go out the door I'm at risk, and if I don't go out the door I'll die of inactivity if the shut down goes on too long.

Have a nice day.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, tlock said:

Not so I can go out and get <deleted>.  So that we don't destroy hundreds of millions of jobs worldwide causing far more damage in the future.

Since when has people going to a market been dangerous.... hang on, let me put that another way! The damage has been done, and it is not really being brought under control very well...... no putting this genie back in the bottle.

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If all the people that are scared of catching it stayed in their room and never went out they probably have zero chance of catching it, except from the food delivered by an infected person. Oh dear not safe anywhere.

I'll take my chances, far as I'm allowed ( I see no point on paying money to the state in fines ), and if someone is afraid, just stay away from me or any of the others like me. I'm not coughing or sneezing, and if I was I wouldn't go out. BTW, most people I see in the supermarket are like me, and there are no cases in the town of Corona in the past 4 weeks.

Crikey, it's like people are afraid if someone without a mask just looks at them from 10 meters away they'll catch it from them.

Chances are all the people walking around not wearing or not wearing masks properly will still be walking around when it's all over, and those afraid will still be at risk because they are not immune.

And as many as you say may think like you, than there are no asymptomatic carriers of the virus now is there...Think again, and really try and get a grip on the me me me attitude.  Life is not about just you......

I couldn't imagine myself eating out wearing a mask, I need to see my wife's and girl's happy faces, need to feel the breeze on my face, need the smell of my food and nearby sea. So as long as masks are enforced in restaurants I'll stay home. I only reluctantly cover up for sex but I will not spend leisure money in any area where these stupid pieces of cloth are enforced.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

And as many as you say may think like you, than there are no asymptomatic carriers of the virus now is there...Think again, and really try and get a grip on the me me me attitude.  Life is not about just you......

It's called personal responsibility. You want to hermit in your cave, up to you. I want to risk it, up to me. Why should your life take precedence over mine?

Give me liberty or give me death. (Even if it's from the CCP Virus)

23 minutes ago, frantick said:

It's called personal responsibility. You want to hermit in your cave, up to you. I want to risk it, up to me. Why should your life take precedence over mine?

Live your life the way you want, go ahead, run around not having anything but personal responsibility, and hopefully you will not find yourself on the wrong side, no one is stopping you are they?, Oh yes not much to go and do, but then maybe you should be in Government and make those decisions for us.  Do you believe for one second we are really happy with what has happened, no we are not, but you know what life goes on, things change and what we thought we knew gets changed when we find out there are others who are in charge, and not just ourselves and we adjust to the situation.  I would like to book plane flights that at this point may or may not get canceled.  However, since it seems that you know what's best for everyone, then go ahead and continue to air your public frustration over your personal liberties being violated.  If you feel like this then why not return to whence you came from, I am sure there that everything is the way you want it to be.  You and I unfortunately can not change what has happened or what will occur, so stop with the temper tantrums about Pattaya not being opened, bars being shut, and beaches closed.  It does absolutely no good.

• Like 2

The pro-lockdown crowd doesn't get an exclusive right on moral superiority and internet virtuousness.  There is a very real human health cost to nearly absolute shutdown of economies.  Countries are taking on trillions of dollars of debt to finance the lockdowns that will be paid back by future generations.  It's disingenuous to continue to present it as the selfish choice of an individual to have their beer vs. saving humanity.  

3 hours ago, frantick said:

When you believe that you should be able to do anything you want, as long as it doesn't affect anyone else, it makes you a libertarian.  When you think you should be able to do anything you want, and dont care how it affects other people, that just makes you an a-hole.