Two Americans afraid to go back home, want to remain in Thailand

webfact

I'm curious.....If i have to go go CM (I'm in Thailand) and they say I have to quarantine for 2 weeks... OK, whatever.

Do I have to say in some quarantine hotel?  If not, how do I get food and water and coffee, etc?

if i go into quarantine, it's free?

i know a lot of new teachers are going to go into quarantine before school starts and i was curious how it works.  no, i'm not going to CM now.  curious

• Confused 2

2 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Not true - there are still commercial flights flying out of Thailand with paid pax and connections to USA.  They fly cargo into country so are not empty.

Was just about to say the same.  Americans could return to the USA flying west through Qatar or east through Korea easily.  There are certainly more options, but these two were quick to check.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JoePai said:

Sensible, who in their right mind would want to go back to the US?

I am both and will remain here until the situation gets better.

Medical care is better and cheaper here and even with the curfew there is more freedom.  Not to mention the shutdown over there now has food supplies running short.

Tomorrows news will be :

Two Australians state they would prefer to remain in Thailand until Covid 19 is over as they feel safer.

On Thursday it will be a Kiwi

On Friday a Frenchman

Saturday ........Italian

Etc etc.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Cali farong said:

So these two came in 14 days ago with health certificates and 100,000 corona insurance and they want to stay in a quarantine center.

something don’t sound right???

But how even if they had what you referenced did they come in, a WP, not Diplomats, Not a Pilot or medical necessitated personnel and definitely not Thai Nationals.  So at this point I am confused as to whether or not they arrived here before everything went into effect and maybe also have a dual citizenship with another country that somehow has been missed or did they come across a border crossing illegally.....something does not make any sense with this Thailand feel good story.

• Like 2