Thailand reports single digit COVID-19 cases for second consecutive day

webfact

7 minutes ago, SantiSuk said:

I saw an interview by Jonathjon Head of the BBC with the senior medical/policy guy (can't remember his name) where he said early on in the piece that Thailand could not afford the 2,000 baht that the tests for Covid infection cost - and hence the claim that they had focused on track and trace contacts with 180 teams doing that. Has somebody made a similar claim that antibody testing is not cost effective?

Question/interested. Not a challenge???? 

Yes, it was Dr. Plipat I was referring to:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Guderian said:

We're getting there! Let's hope we can buy a beer in a 7-eleven to celebrate soon.

looks that way, i hope you are right. im not putting a negative spin on it just for the sake of it but the testing is limited so i do wonder how much virus there is out in Thailand villages since the mass migration home. but all being as stated it will be over soon for Thailand at least.

16 minutes ago, GAZZPA said:

looks that way, i hope you are right. im not putting a negative spin on it just for the sake of it but the testing is limited so i do wonder how much virus there is out in Thailand villages since the mass migration home. but all being as stated it will be over soon for Thailand at least.

Should be showing up in hospitalisations by now. Not all those who returned with the virus would be long-term asymptomatic. No rumblings in the jungle around where I live (rumours spread fast) and due to our expat social network, which has continued from bar networks and more to physically distanced facebook, that means a large chunk of Sisaket's largest amphur. Many villages have local doctors/volunteer health workers and pooyai ban who have been checking up on returnees so it would be difficult for there to be mass deception.

Edited by SantiSuk
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, dinsdale said:

As for immunity it is now being said that reinfection is a posibilty and apart from that any immunity is not for long. Don't hold your breath waiting for a vaccine either.

No, I guess not. If this virus is some kind of anomaly where catching it and recovering doesn’t build up an immunity, then a vaccine will be pretty pointless, won’t it?

1 hour ago, SantiSuk said:

Should be showing up in hospitalisations by now. Not all those who returned with the virus would be long-term asymptomatic. No rumblings in the jungle around where I live (rumours spread fast) and due to our expat social network, which has continued from bar networks and more to physically distanced facebook, that means a large chunk of Sisaket's largest amphur. Many villages have local doctors/volunteer health workers and pooyai ban who have been checking up on returnees so it would be difficult for there to be mass deception.

not mass deception, just no visibility. It is very possible people get sick and die in the sticks and things dont get reported. Same case for the flu, people may be just staying at home. In any case lets hope it is as it appears and Thailand will join New Zealand and soon Germany to be amongst the first countries to really crack it. 

There's a growing number of people around the World that are not buying into the Covid panic.

They say the death figures and the way the figures are being recorded in every country is odd to say the least. Of course none of the mainstream media. are asking any challenging questions. Most people if they do just a little bit of their own research can find who has massive influences in both the media and the people advising most government's on the Covid situation.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, DrTuner said:

It hints at it, as do many other pieces of circumstantial evidence. Large scale random antibody testing is needed to get real proof. And not forthcoming, "not cost effective". At 400-600 baht a pop for antibody test that takes 10-15mins, seemingly too expensive. Nice priorities.

Last month, the Spanish government withdrew 58,000 Chinese-made coronavirus testing kits from use after it emerged that they had an accurate detection rate of just 30 per cent. The UK government ordered 3.5m kits which were also rejected because of poor accuracy (i believe they found around 45% accuracy). So, there are a lot of dodgy cheap unreliable kits around producing figures even less accurate than TV boffin figures.

Also, this is a new virus and its properties are not fully known yet. One unknown property being whether human antibodies are enough to ward off a future attack.

6 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

IMG_20200428_112915.jpg

You do understand though, that this test is more relevant  when taken in conjunction with RTq-PCR?

You getting minus minus on IgM and IgG could still mean you are in the window period of infection, should the RTq-PCR test be positive.

http://www.diazyme.com/covid-19-antibody-tests

Screenshot_20200428-203958_Samsung Internet.jpg

And let's say you got IgM minus and IgG plus (which is what you said you were hoping for- that you may have had it already without knowing). That could still mean two things:

A. Patient may be in the late or recurrent stage (positive on RTq-PCR).

B. Patient may have had a past infection, and has recovered. (negative on RTq-PCR).

Edited by lkv
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Ranshoko said:

Be realistic. More testing is needed

Be realistic... dip checking Asymptomatic people [which is the post I replied to] is pointless as they show no symptoms, dip checking is not the answer.

5 hours ago, lkv said:

You do understand though, that this test is more relevant  when taken in conjunction with RTq-PCR?

You getting minus minus on IgM and IgG could still mean you are in the window period of infection, should the RTq-PCR test be positive.

http://www.diazyme.com/covid-19-antibody-tests

Screenshot_20200428-203958_Samsung Internet.jpg

And let's say you got IgM minus and IgG plus (which is what you said you were hoping for- that you may have had it already without knowing). That could still mean two things:

A. Patient may be in the late or recurrent stage (positive on RTq-PCR).

B. Patient may have had a past infection, and has recovered. (negative on RTq-PCR).

Yup, I've read that too... Each variation includes the word "may"

Leaves an escape clause ????

I'm just reporting the result of what we have at hand.. 

It's more for the Captains peace of mind.

Just saw an interesting article for all those folks who believe the large number of migrants shown to have the virus must have come in infected.  Unfortunately they were all infected by an IO and the entire jail has now been turned into a field hospital...

https://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/2020/04/27/jail-turned-into-field-hospital-after-42-foreigners-caught-virus/

5 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Just saw an interesting article for all those folks who believe the large number of migrants shown to have the virus must have come in infected.  Unfortunately they were all infected by an IO and the entire jail has now been turned into a field hospital...

https://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/2020/04/27/jail-turned-into-field-hospital-after-42-foreigners-caught-virus/

And are these included in the official statistics, or just locally tested positives? If the testing is up to scratch, there should be a day when there were 42 confirmations from Songkhla.